Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Alan Wake

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-11, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Alan Wake

I hope they actually do a PC release this time around. I was disappointed when the PC release for the first one was cancelled.
Old 10-08-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

I posted this in the Max Payne 3 thread already - I am not sure if it is related to Alan Wake 2 but:

"I don't know if anyone caught it either ( I didn't the first time around) but there is a quick shot of Matias from Remedy at the very end of the video titled "Remedy's Sam Lake and Matias Myllyrinne Talk All Things Max Payne" from the link I posted above that is very interesting."

Link: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...max-payne.html
Old 12-16-11, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I hope they actually do a PC release this time around. I was disappointed when the PC release for the first one was cancelled.
This is now coming to pc next year

http://gamerant.com/alan-wake-pc-early-2012-tao-121514/

After seemingly crushing PC gamers’ hopes of ever seeing Alan Wake make its way to their platform, Remedy Entertainment has come out to say they have changed their minds. That’s right, Alan Wake is now going to be releasing for the PC some time in the first quarter of 2012.

Remedy began their news with a brief Skyrim joke, and then bolstered their announcement with a long diatribe about the developer’s close ties to the PC gamer, stretching back to Max Payne 1 and Death Rally — but ultimately it was about Alan Wake. To give a small taste of the upgraded visuals PC gamers have in store for them, Remedy also released a fairly high-resolution screenshot that showcases Alan Wake in all his polygonal glory.

As an added bonus for PC gamers, Remedy also announced that the two previously released DLC chapters for Alan Wake, The Signal and The Writer, will be packaged in with this release. Each brought with them an evolution of the core light and dark concepts explored in the single player, and even allowed players a chance to re-experience some of the end game mechanics like the word shooting. For what should be an affordable price, if you’ve yet to check out Alan Wake, or were waiting for his PC debut, this is going to be quite the deal.

Perhaps as a way to generate enthusiasm for the upcoming release of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, Remedy Entertainment wants to ensure that gamers who never gave Alan Wake a chance will have many ways in which to do so. The title was officially unveiled during the Spike Video Game Awards over the weekend, and our guess is that there might be some gamers who are looking to give the game another chance.

Now not only will you be able to experience Alan Wake’s haunting, serialized journey on the Xbox 360, but pretty soon on the PC.

Are you happy to hear that Alan Wake will be making his way to the PC? Do you think that Alan Wake being on another platform will help generate more enthusiasm for Alan Wake’s American Nightmare?

Alan Wake is targeting a Q1 2012 release for the PC.

On another note, just picked this up for 360, going to get started on it this weekend.
Old 12-16-11, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ignore the thermoses.
Old 12-16-11, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Running away from a fight is always an option. And sometimes the best one.
Old 12-18-11, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Started playing this last night and couldn't stop. Ended up finishing it last night. I had more fun with this than I did Heavy Rain personally.
Old 12-19-11, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Started playing this last night and couldn't stop. Ended up finishing it last night. I had more fun with this than I did Heavy Rain personally.
beat this last week myself. being a bit of an achievement whore i regret the collectibles in this game. there are way too many and it really kills the "flow" of the game. a really well done game though.

on a separate note, i need to stop ruining games for achievements.
Old 12-19-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_xaxNeb59s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_xaxNeb59s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

New trailer, looks great of course, but is...is that a horde mode? Please God no.
Old 12-19-11, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Old 12-19-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoviePage
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_xaxNeb59s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_xaxNeb59s&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

New trailer, looks great of course, but is...is that a horde mode? Please God no.
You're in the wrong thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...a-florida.html

Response over there...
Old 12-19-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

D'oh!
Old 12-19-11, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoyed this game. The combat got repetitive as hell with good shooting mechanics but too limited in the enemies department. Loved the story but thought the final boss fight was weak.

Best part of the game?

Spoiler:
Fighting hordes of dudes on the old guys stage on the farm blaring rock music and lights. METAL!
Old 12-19-11, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Poets of the Fall did those fictional tracks
Old 06-04-14, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts

started this last night, finished Chapter 1... creepy shit
Old 06-04-14, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
started this last night, finished Chapter 1... creepy shit
Still in my backlog. I'll get around to it eventually...
Old 06-04-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You fuckers got me excited that there might be news...
Old 06-04-14, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chuckd21
You fuckers got me excited that there might be news...
/
Old 06-04-14, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

American Nightmare should go on-sale again.
Old 06-06-14, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Still in my backlog. I'll get around to it eventually...
play it now! finished it today, loved it. just need to get some achievements then is onto both DLC.

Game freaked me out and WTFuck is going on?... maybe when u play it u can clue me in
Old 05-12-17, 11:10 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,186 Likes on 837 Posts

ALAN WAKE IS GOING AWAY FOREVER - MAY 15th
https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/12/...m-sorry-barry/

One of Alan Wake's best features was its licensed soundtrack, and now the tunes developer Remedy Entertainment carefully curated are causing a bit of grief. Remedy's rights to The Black Angels' "Young Men Dead" and "Up Jumped The Devil" from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (among others) are expiring, and with them, so must Alan Wake itself. Remedy tweeted that because of this, the game will be delisted from Steam and other digital storefronts after May 15th.

To make sure everyone who wants to play it still has a chance to, Remedy will discount the game by a whopping 90 percent on Steam. It's going for $30 at time of publication, so when the sale starts tomorrow the price should drop to $3. Oh, and if you're buying it, don't forget to hit the jukebox in the game's diner early on for an easy achievement/trophy for playing "Lime in the Coconut."

The delisting also applies to the Xbox 360 version that's available on the Xbox Store, but the difference is that there, Remedy can't control pricing for the backwards compatible game. If you'd want to play the game on your Xbox One and didn't already own it, that'll set you back $20, but add-on episodes "The Writer" and "The Signal" won't cost you a dime.
So if you don't already own this, buy it.
Old 05-12-17, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

The Steam sale is 5/13-5/15, and the game, DLC, and American Nightmare will all be on sale:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/alan...46845450971279
Old 05-13-17, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

The sale is on now, on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/108710/Alan_Wake/
https://www.gog.com/game/alan_wake
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/alan-wake-franchise

Humble Store gives you both Steam keys and a DRM-free download.
Old 05-15-17, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

I had thought that I would own the game for free when I bought a digital copy of Quantum Break, but it looks like that is not the case. Did I do something wrong?

Edit : looks like it was just free with pre-order.
Old 05-15-17, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
I had thought that I would own the game for free when I bought a digital copy of Quantum Break, but it looks like that is not the case. Did I do something wrong?

Edit : looks like it was just free with pre-order.
Ahhhh, I had a physical copy (got it from Newegg when it went down to $20) and it had a slip inside to redeem. I would think in your case that they would have sent you a code in an email or somewhere since it was digital. Hrmmm, might be worth checking your spam today or Microsoft messages, just in case.
Old 05-15-17, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

The DLC for this game is fantastic - I kept my 360 copy and am able to play any time I want due to the BWC on xbox one.

Never played American Nightmare - is it worth buying (if you can even buy it anymore)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.