Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-10, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Originally Posted by REL77
hahahha...hahaha
I know, it was childish, but I can't help myself sometimes.
Old 01-15-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Re: Rock Band Thread - This thread was made for Rockin, and that's just what it'll do

Phoenix is awesome and those songs are great. I like Tom Petty but give me the hits please.
Old 01-15-10, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F yeah on the Phoenix tracks. Awesome!
Old 01-15-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by sauce07
Phoenix is awesome and those songs are great. I like Tom Petty but give me the hits please.
Waiting and Breakdown are pretty big Petty hits... Jamming Me was the lead single off his '87 album, I believe. The rest?
Old 01-15-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

"American Girl" and "Don't Come Around Here No More" would have been awesome Petty songs.
Old 01-15-10, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just wait until March for Pack 03.
Old 01-15-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
"American Girl" and "Don't Come Around Here No More" would have been awesome Petty songs.
American Girl was in the first pack.
Old 01-15-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
The last (non-Beatles) album they put out was Pearl Jam's Backspacer in September. Has that train dried up? Seems like this would have been a perfect thing to release as a full album.
The Tom Petty Anthology album is a 4-disc set, comprised of 47 tracks. I'd hate to see the pricing on that!
Old 01-15-10, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Silvertide came out of left field. I really liked the record that had "Blue Jeans" on it but haven't thought about them in years - definitely in for that one at least. Those Petty tracks are kind of meh since I'm just a casual fan, so I'll probably skip them.
Old 01-17-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Best DLC Week ever.

Huge fan of both Petty and Phoenix, and to get doses of them in the same week is pretty amazing. Yes, it is more live Petty, but that is definitely not a problem for me
Old 01-18-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Breakdown is a great song, definitely in for that one. Never heard Phoenix.
Old 01-18-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Very glad to get "The Waiting"....since it is my favorite Petty song, it was sorely missing from the first track pack!
Old 01-18-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Thank you Harmonix for continuing to save me money by offering shitty DLC.
Old 01-18-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
Best DLC Week ever.
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Thank you Harmonix for continuing to save me money by offering shitty DLC.
Some things never change.
Old 01-18-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Phoenix is a new artist to Rock Band and the album those tracks are from was fairly consistently near the top of every single year-end list I've seen.
Old 01-18-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, I've seen Phoenix on a lot of "Best of 2009" lists and their upcoming inclusion in Rock Band finally inspired me to check them out. Picked up the album and it's fantastic. Will definitely be getting the two songs on Thursday.
Old 01-18-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

There's a Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club coupon for $20 off Lego Rock Band good between today and January 31. Their regular price on it is $49.99, with the coupon bringing it down to $29.99. Not a bad deal. What better way to celebrate the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. than by picking up Lego Rock Band on the cheap?

Same coupon is also good for $20 off Ghostbusters and Hasbro Family Game night, bringing them down to $19.99 after coupon.

More at CAG.

(EDIT: Coupon is only good for the 360 versions of these games, apparently.)

Last edited by Matt; 01-18-10 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-18-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I can't believe Ghostbusters is still so expensive. Great game, but for a licensed game that came out 9 months ago it should be $20 SRP by now.
Old 01-18-10, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
(EDIT: Coupon is only good for the 360 versions of these games, apparently.)
D'oh! Foiled again for buying all my fake instruments for the PS3.
Old 01-19-10, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

I bought Gostbusters at Best Buy for 20 bucks the week before Chistmas without a coupon (was on sale, for all systems).
Old 01-19-10, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Rock Band Network launching Tomorrow??
http://kotaku.com/5451495/rock-band-...l+%28Kotaku%29

MTV's Rock Band Network, an ambitious program aimed at letting "anyone" upload a song to the game's store, will be launching tomorrow, according to the Wall Street Journal.

In a piece on MTV's plans for the store, the WSJ piece opens with "MTV Games is hoping to goose sales of its flagging "Rock Band" series with a new service Tuesday that lets average users upload and sell videogame versions of their own music."

We knew it was launching in "early 2010", but hadn't figured on it launching this early, and with such little fanfare. The WSJ report also says that while the service is intended for smaller bands, groups like Creed and Evanescence will have music available on the Network tomorrow. Even though they're massive acts. Go figure.

UPDATE - WaveGroup, a "game audio production group", has told Kotaku that it will be releasing music from the following artists on the Rock Band Network store:

Steve Vai
Widespread Panic
Gov't Mule
Reverend Horton Heat
Stroke 9
Galactic
Rebelution
Bif Naked
Assembly of Dust
Nick Gallant
Kid Beyond
RX Bandits
Jet Black Kiss
Doug Doppler
Austin Willacy
The Humans
Rain Dogs
Old 01-19-10, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I can't imagine RBN launching with no fanfare.

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I bought Gostbusters at Best Buy for 20 bucks the week before Chistmas without a coupon (was on sale, for all systems).
Key word.
Old 01-19-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by REL77
Rock Band Network launching Tomorrow??
http://kotaku.com/5451495/rock-band-...l+%28Kotaku%29
If by tomorrow you mean today. It's just the "Open Beta" of the RBN site. No indication that the RBN Store is opening as well.

I wish they would hurry up already! There are like 30+ songs already approved and ready to be released.
Old 01-19-10, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A bit more info:

Harmonix has confirmed with us today that open beta registration for its Rock Band Network will open this evening. Once enrolled, link your rockband.com account to creators.rockband.com to begin uploading music, peer reviewing, and previewing tracks.

According to the developer, tracks by Jonathan Coulton and Billy Idol (as well as some Finnish death metal) will be among the tracks that are slated to appear on the Rock Band Network. Additionally, the Wall Street Journal is reporting that multi-platinum artists Creed and Evanescence will also have music on the service. Indie label Sub Pop's plans are also made a bit more clear -- expect music from The Shins, Flight of the Conchords, Mudhoney, Sleater-Kinney, and The Postal Service.

Harmonix says that the actual Rock Band Network Store won't be live "until we accrue a good base of content, though we're already really excited by what we have in the pipeline." Track prices will range from $1 to $3, set by the bands and track authors.
http://www.destructoid.com/rock-band...t-160914.phtml

Maybe 50 songs will be the magic number?
Old 01-19-10, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RX Bandits

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.