Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
http://www.imdb.com/search/title - IMDB advanced title search
horror films by year starting 1895 - wiki breakdown by decade then year

Building of the 31 Film Subset: The Final Phase has begun -&- Crossover Group Voting

2 volunteers are still needed for the subset list.

Print Wikipost

The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-10, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

It was a question I asked back in the preview. I remember ESPN360 doing commercials in the past, like during March Madness and maybe even the World Cup. Since they've moved to ESPN3, I haven't seen any.
Old 11-06-10, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the streaming today and all i get is standard definition on ESPN. How you stream in HD?
Old 11-06-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't have to do anything. Are you sure everything is in SD or just the one event?
Old 11-06-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Some events probably arent in HD
Old 11-06-10, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

i watched the auburn game today on espn3 through my xbox
definitly wasnt HD and there was alot of buffering
but for the most part, it was watchable.. definitly better than paying PPV rates
my xbox is hardwired and my connection is typically around 12mb down.. never had any issues playing HD through netflix, no buffering, minimal adjusting down to lower quality... almost always full bars
Old 11-07-10, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I forgot to set the DVR to record the Michigan-Illinois game so ESPN3 on the 360 really saved my butt as I was able to start the full-length replay within minutes of the game ending and it looked very close to true HD. Not a game I would've wanted to miss out on. I was skeptical that I would ever actually use the thing and here I was turning to it within days of the upgrade.
Old 11-07-10, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a 1.5 mb connection and it definitely looked sd. Is that how all the games are gonna look due to my shitty connection speed?
Old 11-07-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

The Auburn game was blocked here until after it was over. Since it was PPV, the picture was standard but was very watchable. It was nice to go thru the highlights myself (once the Arkansas/SC game got out of hand) since I wouldn't have normally been able to watch any of that game since I wouldn't spring for PPV for a Chattanooga game.

The Arkansas/SC game was in HD. The picture seemed just a little darker than the HD broadcasts on the main networks but that could just be ESPN. I canceled my HD cable awhile back so I haven't had ESPNHD in a year. No having HD anymore for sports (other than the local affiliates) really makes me love having this. I wouldn't have been able to watch the Arkansas/SC game in HD otherwise. to this new channel!

Only thing that sucks is if your internet connection goes down or drops out. Then you are fucked.
Old 11-07-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I like that new controller but the left thumbstick squeaks when I use it. Any thoughts on how to fix that? Will it just go away eventually?
Old 11-08-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody know how to change the audio stream on Zune from stereo to 5.1? I downloaded the HD version of The Walking Dead and when it plays my receiver switches to stereo. It's really annoying and I wonder if it's similar to the PS3 where I have to manually switch to the 5.1 audio with the game controller. When I play games, they always come through in 5.1, but not this.
Old 11-10-10, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, does anybody know of any games that have something similar to Bionic Commando's challenge system?

Okay, I know nobody played it so I'll explain. Basically you're given a task.. such as say, throwing an enemy into the air and killing them in midair. When you complete it, you'll be given an upgrade (extra helath or weapon upgrades), an expanded version of the challenge (do it fifteen times), and/or a different but related challenge.

It's an addicting little system and I'd probably give another game that does something similar a shot.
Old 11-10-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, I just want to say if they had not wasted time, money and resources making a fucking shit bullet-point only multi-player component that was probably dead and forgotten a month after its release, Bionic Commando could have been a great game. Instead, it's a game that has a few real shitty design choices that happens to rock really hard when the parts of the game that work are working. Just a LITTLE polish. That's all this game needed. And that went wasted into a component that nobody but the marketing department wanted.
Old 11-10-10, 09:55 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
So, does anybody know of any games that have something similar to Bionic Commando's challenge system?
Red Dead Redemption has something like this. Everything from picking flowers, to shooting hats off people's heads, to killing a grizzly bear with a knife.
Old 11-10-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Red Dead Redemption has something like this. Everything from picking flowers, to shooting hats off people's heads, to killing a grizzly bear with a knife.
Rad. I was interested in this anyway but am waiting for the $20 or GOTY version.
Old 11-10-10, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Did anyone do the Reese's Halloween promotion that was on the Dashboard? I just received a First Prize email. I was very excited until I read what I won:
"Congratulations! You have been selected as a First Prize winner of the REESE’S® Halloween Trick or Treat Instant Win Sweepstakes sponsored by Microsoft Corporation.

You have won a coupon redeemable for up to $1.00 off of one (1) 2-pack REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups 1.5 oz (ARV $1.00 USD). "
Old 11-10-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

That's First Prize???? How generous.
Old 11-10-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

. That's awesome.
Old 11-10-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I bought a 250 GB Xbox Kinect bundle to upgrade my launch 360. I have the new Xbox in the living room, and plan on putting the old Xbox in my bedroom. I was wondering if it was possible to store my gamertag USB flash drive so that I wouldn't have to constantly recover my gamertag from the internet.
Old 11-10-10, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, that's the way I, and several more here, have it. Pretty simple and the best solution.
Old 11-10-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
That's First Prize???? How generous.
Second Prize is $100,000.

Because REESE’S® Peanut Butter Cups are just that good!
Old 11-10-10, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3
Yes, that's the way I, and several more here, have it. Pretty simple and the best solution.
I guess it's too much to ask of Microsoft to come up with a networking solution for gamertags, xbla games and DLC. Store it all on one system but still be able to play any of it on another console in the same house.
Old 11-10-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Raul3
Thanks. I knew that people had stored their gamertags on the older MUs, but since the new Xbox doesn't have that, I wasn't sure if a standard USB drive would work.
Old 11-12-10, 07:52 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Just my luck. I go to play a little rock band before bed. My system doesn't recognize that the disc is in the system. So, I open and close the drive. It shows a brief reading disc message then goes to an open tray message like no disc is in it.

So. I boxed it all up and grabbed my receipt and best buy service plan. I will go to the store tomorrow and get my money back. The nice thing is I paid $399 for the 120gb elite in march 09. Now the new slim 250 gb is $299. So $100 cheaper which will pay for a new service plan and maybe a game. Good thing the new dashboard is live. When I was in beta for it, it was tied to my console id.

What a hassle. Hopefully they won't give me any issues at the store. And I have to figure out how to transfer all my content from my 120 gb drive to the internal 250gb drive. I don't want to have to download it all again then go through the license transfer hassle.

Sigh. This will be my 4th, I believe, system.
Old 11-12-10, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Vryce
And I have to figure out how to transfer all my content from my 120 gb drive to the internal 250gb drive. I don't want to have to download it all again then go through the license transfer hassle.
Start getting all your saves off of it now. Sounds like you won't be able to have both hard drives at once to do a full transfer. Downloading from history isn't that big of a deal. Just have the xbox on and on the "Active Downloads" page, and just click through history adding everything.

IIRC, the download queue maxes out at around 20-30 items and you're likely to hit that limit as something big is the current download. Keeping it on the "Active Downloads" page means it will pick up the new items you added via xbox.com automatically as it refreshes after each download.
Old 11-12-10, 08:08 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I do have a transfer cable kit from a previous system when I had a 20 gig pro 360 and it died and I went to a 120 gig Elite model.
From what I read on line, the transfer cable will work from the 120 gig drive to the new 250 gig drive. So that makes me happy.

I really wasn't looking forward to having to redownload everything.

Then, once everything is transferred to the new 250 gig drive, I have to go through making it my default console for downloads and do the license transfer thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.