DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/567312-official-xbox-360-thread-console-choice-nuclear-submarines.html)

Jeremy517 07-12-11 03:21 PM

re: The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

You have to mouseover the orange parts to see how many hours it thinks you played. The full bar is your time + community time, which is a meaningless stat. It makes absolutely no sense to display the data the way that it does. If they're going to display community time also, it should be a separate bar alongside the orange bar. Adding the two together makes no sense.

That being said, the number of hours it says when I mouseover the orange is still too high.

Michael Corvin 07-12-11 03:32 PM

Okay, I was thinking they were missing a decimal point because that would be closer to correct. i.e. 250 is actually 25hours.

Which seems more realistic when you rollover the orange like Jeremy said.

Decker 07-12-11 03:41 PM

I still don't know what Community Time means. It's not the aggregate total of all people playing that game, it's not the community average. No idea what it actually is.

pinata242 07-12-11 03:44 PM

You guys realize that's over the last 6 months, yeah?

Jeremy517 07-12-11 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10851300)
I still don't know what Community Time means. It's not the aggregate total of all people playing that game, it's not the community average. No idea what it actually is.

Average of people who played the game during the six-month period, I would guess.

pinata242 07-18-11 05:53 PM

System update coming tomorrow (July 19th) with no user features added. Prep for upcoming changes later this year.

Matt 07-21-11 01:40 PM

Major Nelson: Limited Edition Star Wars Console

Today, during a panel presentation at the 41st annual Comic-Con International, Xbox and LucasArts unveiled the first custom Xbox 360 console with Kinect featuring a limited edition Star Wars theme inspired by the beloved duo, R2-D2 and C-3PO, as well as the brand-new Podracing mode featured in the upcoming title Kinect Star Wars.

Here are the details for the bundle

Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle

This first ever custom Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle includes an R2-D2 blue-and-white themed console, a custom Xbox 360 Wireless Controller inspired by C-3PO and the first ever white Kinect sensor. The bundle is set to debut alongside Kinect Star Wars this holiday, but is available now for pre-order through participating retailers. Priced at $449.99, the Xbox 360 Limited Edition Kinect Star Wars Bundle will include:

- Kinect Star Wars game

- Custom R2-D2-themed Xbox 360 Console with custom sounds

- White Kinect Sensor

- Custom C-3PO-themed Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

- 320 GB Hard Drive

- Xbox 360 Wired Headset

- Kinect Adventures game

- Exclusive downloadable content

http://i.imgur.com/H4gOw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6UqDt.jpg

Liver&Onions 07-21-11 01:59 PM

That's awesome.

I wouldn't buy it, but that's awesome.

tlwizard 07-21-11 02:07 PM

So it comes with Kinect Adventures and the new Star Wars game. So it's effectively the cost of the 250GB Kinect Special Edition plus the Star Wars game but with an upgraded hard drive and all the extra goodies. I wonder if the X-3PO controller has the new D-pad or not.

I can already feel how I'm talking myself into buying it.

Matt 07-21-11 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard (Post 10862424)
I wonder if the X-3PO controller has the new D-pad or not.

It sure looks like it.

The upcoming Gears bundle includes two of the new controllers. I would imagine that all of the bundles from now on will include the new one.

slop101 07-21-11 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by MWB (Post 10862380)

- Custom R2-D2-themed Xbox 360 Console with custom sounds

- Custom C-3PO-themed Xbox 360 Wireless Controller

I would buy that, problem is, I'm not a virgin, so I just can't.

Rob V 07-21-11 02:33 PM

I so want that but I would officially have more Xbox 360's than TV's :lol:

Raul3 07-21-11 04:03 PM

I'm not an Star Wars fan and want that console. Too "bad" that I'm going to preorder the Gears of War console.

I guess Xbox will continue to be the best selling console for a long time.

Decker 07-21-11 04:05 PM

Man, that is so sweet. There's no way on earth that I need it and I'd rather be shot than buy a second Kinect, but the "Want" sensor in my brain is tingling really, really strongly right now.

Speaking of new 360s, I just had to send in my New-in-April model for the second time. It still constantly desyncs from wireless controls and you can't talk over XBL unless you're standing right next to it. This was the problem that they were supposed to have fixed last month.
The rep asked if it was near my wireless router. I told her it was right below it. But that can't really be the issue here can it? Could wifi interference cause constant desyncing? If that is indeed the problem, I'm sorta screwed since my modem, wireless router and gaming consoles are all the the same closet.

Raul3 07-21-11 04:10 PM

I hope they sell the controller separately, like they are going to do with the Gears console.

I NEED a golden controller!

pinata242 07-21-11 04:21 PM

Will it bleep and bloop like an astromech droid when you touch it in the right spots?

I was a huge SW nerd up until a few years ago (hell, maybe until the underwhelming BD announcement a few months ago) and I still love those droids. But there's no way in hell I'd buy this or even think about it even if I was still into it.

I don't know, maybe it's just me but this whole console skinning thing can be done with actual skins. *grump* *grump* *grump*

foxdvd 07-21-11 04:28 PM

Well my xbox slim just gave out...the disc drive....2 weeks after the warranty is up...wtf...this is the 4th xbox that has given out on me, the first outside the warranty and of course the first slim...

Cusm 07-21-11 04:49 PM

I don't need that as I currently have 2 consoles, one original and one slim, but I really want that. And with a December release I can squirrel away money under the radar to get it. This is one of those things us Star Wars dorks keep forever and are proud of, and this is much geekier than the SW PSP.

shumway 07-21-11 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10862580)
Man, that is so sweet. There's no way on earth that I need it and I'd rather be shot than buy a second Kinect, but the "Want" sensor in my brain is tingling really, really strongly right now.

Speaking of new 360s, I just had to send in my New-in-April model for the second time. It still constantly desyncs from wireless controls and you can't talk over XBL unless you're standing right next to it. This was the problem that they were supposed to have fixed last month.
The rep asked if it was near my wireless router. I told her it was right below it. But that can't really be the issue here can it? Could wifi interference cause constant desyncing? If that is indeed the problem, I'm sorta screwed since my modem, wireless router and gaming consoles are all the the same closet.

If your wireless router isn't set to auto-select the channel, try changing to 1 or 11, default is usually 6. Maybe that would cause less interference if it is indeed the issue.

Michael Corvin 07-21-11 07:21 PM

Not digging the console like everyone else. It looks like a cheap toy. The gold controller, on the other hand is fucking sexy as hell.

Michael Corvin 07-21-11 08:38 PM

Quick question for the Raptr folks here. I signed up ages ago and decided to check it out tonight and it hasn't been tracking anything. What gives?

Kedrix 07-21-11 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10862780)
Not digging the console like everyone else. It looks like a cheap toy. The gold controller, on the other hand is fucking sexy as hell.

Ha, I am the exact opposite. I like the console but I would get rid of that controller in a second. Too bad *knock on wood*, my console is just peachy.

Dan 07-22-11 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 10862580)

The rep asked if it was near my wireless router. I told her it was right below it. But that can't really be the issue here can it? Could wifi interference cause constant desyncing?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/nachos.png
mouseover text:
Spoiler:
"'Cheater!' 'Hey, gaming on wifi? You have only yourself to blame.'"

If that is indeed the problem, I'm sorta screwed since my modem, wireless router and gaming consoles are all the the same closet.
I'm confused...
if you router is in the same closet as the console, why not plug a short Cat5e cable between them?

Save Ferris 07-22-11 11:25 PM

In Majors minute about the Star Wars edition one of the designers said
"Theres even a ________ logo on the back, the hardcore fans will love it"

Anyone hear what he said?

Decker 07-23-11 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by SomethingMore (Post 10864212)

I'm confused...
if you router is in the same closet as the console, why not plug a short Cat5e cable between them?

I could, but I don't need to. The problem is the controller, guitar and wireless headset all desyncing from the 360 console, as well as not being able to talk on XBL (even using a wired headset) while standing more than a foot away from the console. It was never a problem with keeping the console online.

In any case, I've decided it can't be an interfere issue with the router since everything is better when you move closer to the console ( and therefore closer to the router as well). If the problem were interference with 2.4 WiFi, that should make the effect more pronounced, right. It's like the radio frequency receiver in the console is very weak in my 360 and they never bothered to actually fix it last time.

SunMonkey 07-23-11 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Save Ferris (Post 10864292)
In Majors minute about the Star Wars edition one of the designers said
"Theres even a ________ logo on the back, the hardcore fans will love it"

Anyone hear what he said?

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/864...ndustriala.jpg

Spiderbite 07-23-11 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cusm (Post 10862626)
I don't need that as I currently have 2 consoles, one original and one slim, but I really want that. And with a December release I can squirrel away money under the radar to get it. This is one of those things us Star Wars dorks keep forever and are proud of, and this is much geekier than the SW PSP.

totally agree. I just bought a 4gb console with the Kinect for my son because I didn't know about this one yet and we couldn't wait that long. But even though my love for SW has waned extensively over the years, I still want the fuck out of this console. I don't know what that says about me. I showed my seven year old son the video about it last night and he basically shit a brick.

I might just dump the new slim I got, move the old 120gb up to his room and then get this one for my basement. Tough call. I have that $100 GC from the sale for the 4gb at newegg. If they sell this, I may just say fuck it.

Michael Corvin 07-24-11 07:38 AM

:lol: it's like bizarro world on here. I got together with friends last night and this console came up and only 1/5 liked it. This is among 5 friends that are uber SW nerds. However, 5/5 liked the controller and white Kinect.

K&AJones 07-24-11 07:49 AM

I've read a lot of input on a few forums on this and so far I'm guessing it's like 7to3 that think it's just plain ugly. But the white Kinect and HC is pretty cool. I do say, I like the sounds but if you like yours on the side than standing up it then it looses some of it's main visual appeal. For a "newcomer" it's a pretty good deal but I'll pass. The money is needed for all the games coming down the pike this year.

Cusm 07-25-11 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd (Post 10865060)
totally agree. I just bought a 4gb console with the Kinect for my son because I didn't know about this one yet and we couldn't wait that long. But even though my love for SW has waned extensively over the years, I still want the fuck out of this console. I don't know what that says about me. I showed my seven year old son the video about it last night and he basically shit a brick.

I might just dump the new slim I got, move the old 120gb up to his room and then get this one for my basement. Tough call. I have that $100 GC from the sale for the 4gb at newegg. If they sell this, I may just say fuck it.

I went ahead and preordered. I have 5 months to "hide" the money for it from the wife. I will probably keep the black in the living room and put this in the boys room, as the living room has no place to put this vertical, but I'll see what I do with it. I did not want to wait and flip-flop on getting it or not and having it sell out and not have a shot at it.

Wick 07-26-11 03:31 AM

As great as the Star Wars 360 looks, and despite how much I would love to pick it up, I think I'm going to pass. Too much money for something I don't need.

Superman07 07-26-11 09:02 AM

According to Major Nelson a new media remote and wireless headset are on the way.
I like the look of the headset and am really glad it's a combo RF/bluetooth setup.

http://majornelson.com/2011/07/26/xb...-media-remote/

Save Ferris 07-26-11 10:06 AM

The headset is going to be like the big turtle beach ones but with hair buns like Princess Leia!

Mok 07-27-11 11:53 AM

New season of The Guild starts today.

pinata242 07-27-11 11:57 AM

Yesterday ;)

Gooter 07-27-11 12:57 PM

Felicia Day :drool:

Raul3 07-28-11 01:18 PM

This update looks awesome.

http://majornelson.com/2011/07/28/es...ing-in-august/

Wolf359 07-30-11 11:19 AM

Is there a site that lets you plug in the name of a particular game and then recommends similar games?

xmiyux 08-03-11 03:32 PM

Anyone played the UFC workout game on the 360? I liked Sports Active 2 when it worked but the locking up bug made it unusable as a little in-home workout. The UFC game appears to be the newest and I was curious if anyone on here had tried it yet.

Raul3 08-03-11 03:40 PM

It's suppose to be great!

... when it works.

Apparently, it has a lot of issues losing sync, and then you have to start your routine from the beginning, really annoying.

Those were the user reviews when it was released, I don't know if they fixed that.