Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Trevor
http://www.imdb.com/search/title - IMDB advanced title search
horror films by year starting 1895 - wiki breakdown by decade then year

Building of the 31 Film Subset: The Final Phase has begun -&- Crossover Group Voting

2 volunteers are still needed for the subset list.

Print Wikipost

The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: The official Xbox 360 thread - the console of choice on nuclear submarines

Man, that sucks. Cox only got added a few months ago. Stay strong!
Old 06-21-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by starman9000
Unfortunately, it looks like they are still stuck with getting your ISPs approval, so as cool as I think this will be, I won't be able to use it.
well yea, i already have espn360/espn3 through my ISP.. and its the greatest thing since sliced bread.. but being able to easily stream it through my 360 will completely rock! may be enough to tempt me to get a couple more 360s around the house, since I already stream just about everything else through mine.
Old 06-21-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Decker
Really? That's a HUGE distinction that they forgot to mention in their press conferences. Thankfully, I do get that service through my ISP, though.
well, i believe you can also pay for espn3.. if your provided doesnt hook you up with it for free

edit.. or i could be wrong

Last edited by twikoff; 06-21-10 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-21-10, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it here or not, but I'm not sure how often I'd use ESPN3 on the 360 now that it's all sunk it.

I used to watch it on the laptop while I played games on the 360, so it may not get much use for me. Huge events I'm likely to be at a fellow alum's house. But like college bball games during the week will probably just be relegated to the laptop.
Old 06-21-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk God

espn3 affiliate list http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList

the big one to notice isnt there, is time warner.. (2nd largest cable provider)
Old 06-21-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk God

as an Auburn and SEC fan.. espn3 will be huge.. since ESPN is the SEC network.. once football season starts, Ill have access to just about every sec game.. if they arent on another channel, i can pick them up on espn3..

last year, i ran an hdmi cable from my PC to the plasma and streamed it.. but doing it over the 360 will be much less of a hassle.
Old 06-21-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twikoff
espn3 affiliate list http://espn.go.com/espn3/affList

the big one to notice isnt there, is time warner.. (2nd largest cable provider)
Yeah, I'm with Qwest, which I assume is one of the larger ISPs in the country, and that's missing too.
Old 06-21-10, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

ok.. so i was on amazon.com earlier today
and was looking at the ncaa football 2011 listing for the 360

under promotions, it said $10 gift certificate to be used for your next video game purchase and a free team fathead..
i was planning to preorder anyways.. and had some amazon cash burning a hole in my pocket.. but the free team fathead definitly sealed the deal.. those things are expensive and my son loves them..
so I went ahead and preordered..
then i was talking to my wife about it at lunch, and she was surprised by the free fathead offer, since those things cost as much or more than the game..
i went back to the listing on amazon.. and they now only list the $10 off next video game purchase, not the fathead...
I went on their support chat and asked.. the person I talked to said that if it was listed, they would honor it and that they are good able fulfilling all their promotions..
of course, now Im wondering if it was an error.. and if i could even prove that the promotion was being offered, if i had to..
Old 06-21-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

This is what's up now, twifoff:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Get a $10 Video Games Credit and Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order NCAA Football 11, for the PS3 or Xbox 360, and get $10 off a future video game purchase, as well as a Fathead Teammate. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Access code will be e-mailed within ten business days after the game releases. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Learn more about the Fathead offer.
› See more product promotions

When you click on the words Fathead Teamate, this image pros up:

Seriously doubt that Fathead is more than $60. edit : Checking Fathead website, they're $14.99. I wonder if this is an Amazon promo or one that's with every copy of NCAA 11. That wouldn't surprise me. Amazon likes to take credit for all those promotion.

Last edited by Decker; 06-21-10 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-21-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Seriously doubt that Fathead is more than $60.
Especially if it's any of those teams. I'd say they're practically worthless.
Old 06-21-10, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Especially if it's any of those teams. I'd say they're practically worthless.
[Official University of Kansas Party Line]Nonsense. I owe my very existence to the generosity and benevolence of the University of Texas.[/Official University of Kansas Party Line]
Old 06-21-10, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Seriously doubt that Fathead is more than $60. edit : Checking Fathead website, they're $14.99. I wonder if this is an Amazon promo or one that's with every copy of NCAA 11. That wouldn't surprise me. Amazon likes to take credit for all those promotion.
yep.. i see these are the cheaper ones.
Griffin already has the big expensive Auburn one in his room.. he will be very happy to get one of the smaller 15-20$ ones too.. and since i was going to buy it anyways, cant knock free..

i had corrie check her gmail.. (ordered from her accounts).. and i see the order shows the fathead promotion..
weird.. they seem to be playing around with the promotions right now
Old 06-21-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk God

This is what's up now, twifoff:

When you click on the words Fathead Teamate, this image pros up:

thats really weird.. when i hit the 2011 360 link, i see this under promotion (not mention of the fathead anymore)

Order NCAA Football 11 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships. To redeem your reward, add a Video Games item sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. The discount will be visible after you have begun the checkout process. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer valid for one purchase per customer. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
Old 06-21-10, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So had to do a system update yesterday when I logged into Live. Anything know what the new update entails?
Old 06-21-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I didn't have a new update yesterday nor have I heard of any talk of one. Is it a new xbox or maybe you haven't signed in for a while?

If there was an update, odds are it's just "behind the scenes framework stuff for all the upcoming features".
Old 06-21-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk God

i didnt get prompted for an update
Old 06-21-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Just because I forgot, how do you restore a 360 to factory settings? I am selling mine on Amazon and want to ship it today, but want to make sure everything is cleared out? Thanks.
Old 06-21-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quack
Just because I forgot, how do you restore a 360 to factory settings? I am selling mine on Amazon and want to ship it today, but want to make sure everything is cleared out? Thanks.
format it.
Old 06-21-10, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Wasn't there some way of pressing buttons that could let you reset it to factory settings? I could have sworn that's how I did it the last time.
Old 06-21-10, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

fairly sure ive seen that in the system settings
Old 06-21-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Quack
Wasn't there some way of pressing buttons that could let you reset it to factory settings? I could have sworn that's how I did it the last time.
System settings. You're probably thinking of clearing the cache.
Old 06-21-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[Official University of Kansas Party Line]Nonsense. I owe my very existence to the generosity and benevolence of the University of Texas.[/Official University of Kansas Party Line]
kinda...kinda not.

it has come out that the PAC10 came to oklahoma and texas last weekend with the plans to invite KU and dump Oklahoma St. Texas put the kibosh on this deal (apparantly boone pickens has friends in high places at UT).

so if it weren't for texas being so....loyal....it would've been Texas, OU, A&M, tech and KU joining colorado and moving to the PAC10. Decker, we would have both gotten a laugh seeing our little brothers (OSU and KSU) left behind with baylor and ISU
Old 06-21-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Man, I really wish they'd just go to 4 16-team super-conferences. I would have loved to join the SEC.
Old 06-22-10, 09:20 AM

Reminder : Red Dead Redemption's free Outlaws To The End Mission Pack is now available for download on the 360. Maybe some of us could play a little tonight.
Old 06-22-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Xbox Live gets a Family Plan.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/x...ng-in-novembe/

New Xbox LIVE Gold Family Subscription Plan Delivers More Value and Family Fun

Xbox 360 makes family time, quality time. Only Xbox LIVE delivers a world of games, movies, social entertainment and starting this November, live sports, allowing you to share them with the people you care about, around the world.

This November, the new Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack will offer up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships for only US$99.99 – the price of two regular Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions. Now as you prepare for the launch of Kinect for Xbox 360, which makes YOU the controller, consider giving your family premium Gold experience and access to the biggest names in entertainment.

Perfect for families, the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack will also offer access to additional conveniences and services including the new Family Center, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and Xbox.com for easier family management, access to activity monitoring reports, and the ability to purchase and give Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.

An Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack includes:

* Up to four individual Xbox LIVE Gold memberships for the price of two – (US) $99.99.
* Family Center – a single, easy to use, destination for Family Settings and account management, accessible on the Xbox dashboard and on Xbox.com.
* The primary account member has the ability to purchase and dispense Microsoft Points to other Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack members.
* Activity monitoring reports viewable on Xbox.com to help encourage discussions about safer more balanced gaming and entertainment habits.
* Simplified billing that applies all purchase charges to the primary account holder's billing account and the ability to authorize purchases, helping to manage the family's entertainment budget.
* Exclusive family content and discounts.

The industry-leading, built-in Xbox 360 Family Settings are also being taken to the next level this November. It's Microsoft's goal to provide parents and caregivers with tools and resources to manage their children's gaming and entertainment experiences, and these features are available to all Xbox LIVE members:

* Family Programming that removes all mature games, movies, and content from the dashboard, based on ESRB, Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) ratings and the TV Parental Guidelines system . Family Programming is password protected, and easy to turn on and off for each member. (Compatible with international ratings systems.)
* Title exceptions – the ability to allow your family members to play specific games above the console's designated ESRB rating if you deem appropriate. (Compatible with international ratings systems.)
* Intelligent default settings for child, teen, and adult profiles. Xbox will automatically assign default privacy and activity settings for each member that can later be individually customized.
* Family Settings are displayed prominently in the MyXbox channel. Current tools include the Family Timer, which allows you to control the amount of time - either daily or weekly - your children may use the console.

Whether you want to play your favorite games, stream movies and music from Zune, or watch the latest sporting event together via ESPN on Xbox LIVE1, Xbox 360 brings the best family-friendly entertainment straight to your living room.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.