DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   New Lego Harry Potter trailer... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/566026-new-lego-harry-potter-trailer.html)

TOLEN 12-07-09 05:52 PM

New Lego Harry Potter trailer...

Looks good...

http://www.mugglenet.com/videogames/lgo_previews.shtml

Groucho 12-07-09 05:53 PM

Re: New Lego Harry Potter trailer...

For the lazy:

mhg83 12-07-09 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9876836)
For the lazy:

Not surprisingly, it looks ten times better than all the other HP games combined. They really need to make an MMO out of the series. Not sure why they wont make one?

Groucho 12-07-09 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 9876879)
They really need to make an MMO out of the series.

Somebody sort-of did:

https://www.wizard101.com/game

Matt 12-07-09 06:25 PM

So this comes out sometime mid-2010, followed by Years 5-7, sometime mid-2011, I'm guessing.

Love the Lego games, but I'll wait for Lego Harry Potter: The Complete Hogwart's Experience or Whatever coming to the new consoles in 2012 or 13.

Canis Firebrand 12-07-09 07:06 PM

Looking forward to the game. I have enjoyed the lego games thus far.

pinata242 12-09-09 08:59 AM

Official website: http://games.kidswb.com/official-sit...-harry-potter/

pinata242 01-29-10 02:42 PM

<object width='480' height='270' id='ignplayer' data='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'><param name='movie' value='http://media.ign.com/ev/embed.swf' /><param name='allowfullscreen' value='true' /><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always' /><param name='bgcolor' value='#000000' /><param name='flashvars' value='vgroup=legoharrypotter_trl_uktrailer_12810&object=14329938' /></object><div style='width:480;'><a href='http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14329938/lego-harry-potter/videos/legoharrypotter_trl_uktrailer_12810.html'>LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Xbox 360 Trailer - Trailer #3</a></div>

pinata242 02-01-10 11:40 AM

According to VG247.com, this has a May release.

Groucho 02-01-10 12:43 PM

I'm hoping they bring in some of the improvements they added to the second Indiana Jones games. Most notably split-screen and the level creator.

Nifty03 02-08-10 10:18 AM

Am I correct and they have stopped making the Lego game for the PS2? It looks like Indiana Jones 2 and the Harry Potter games did/will not come out for it. Might just be reason enough to talk the wife into a 360.

pinata242 02-08-10 10:19 AM

The just-announced-today LSW3 won't support the PS2 either.

pinata242 02-17-10 02:38 PM

http://media.the-leaky-cauldron.org/...ox_box_001.jpg

Kedrix 02-17-10 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 10004002)

About what I expected. It's not a masterpiece, but it isn't cringe worthy either. I bought Lego Batman on release day but with StarWars, I waited until the Complete Saga was about $20 and Indiana Jones was like $10. Loved them all, this will certainly go in my collection at some point; just not sure when.

Matt 03-30-10 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 9975202)
According to VG247.com, this has a May release.

Official site is now saying June 2010 and Amazon has it listed for June 29 across all systems. I wonder what's going on with this one.

pinata242 03-30-10 01:41 PM

At least it's not artificially November to coincide with the next movie and holidays.

pinata242 05-19-11 11:56 AM

I really can't believe this thread was so inactive. No need to start a second with the news that Years 5-7 (probably 5, 6, 7a, and 7b) will be coming out "Holiday 2011". Probably along with the final movie on home video release.

orangecrush 05-19-11 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 10780032)
I really can't believe this thread was so inactive. No need to start a second with the news that Years 5-7 (probably 5, 6, 7a, and 7b) will be coming out "Holiday 2011". Probably along with the final movie on home video release.

:dance:

Cusm 05-19-11 12:50 PM

Good, maybe my son and I will have time to finish the Lego games we just started before this one hits, or at least get Year 1-4 cheap and pick this one up cheap next year once that is finished.

slcpunk 05-19-11 10:00 PM

Very cool. I need to finish this, then go pick up Lego Pirates,,then the second potter

pinata242 09-01-11 04:11 PM

November 18th.

http://media.the-leaky-cauldron.org/...aging_0003.png

LorenzoL 09-01-11 06:47 PM

I enjoyed the first one and will get this one when is cheap.

mhg83 09-01-11 08:00 PM

Will wait for the eventual complete years 1-7 collection.

orangecrush 09-01-11 08:17 PM

I did it before and I will do it again. :dance:

foxdvd 09-02-11 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cusm (Post 10780131)
Good, maybe my son and I will have time to finish the Lego games we just started before this one hits, or at least get Year 1-4 cheap and pick this one up cheap next year once that is finished.

when my son slacks off on his achievement building...I don't let him eat until he has at least added 2% to his current score....that will learn him

Kedrix 09-03-11 09:11 PM

Wife and I just finished the story missions this past week. Solid stuff, now we are just getting as many extras as we can. I wouldn't expect us to get 100% but based on previous (Lego Batman, Star Wars), I think we will get pretty close. 5-7 will be an easy purchase once it goes under $30. I would expect a complete collection as well eventually but I certainly feel like we got our money's worth by buying them before that happens.

Cusm 09-06-11 09:13 AM

I just picked up Years 1-4 on the Blockbuster B1G1 free sale, ended up being $7.50 and we are about 37% done. Now if I can get my son to stop buying every person we unlock the second we unlock them. Just need to find a deal on LSW:CW and this one in the winter.

Kedrix 09-08-11 09:02 AM

Last night, we finally unlocked one of the dark magic folks, Mr. Lucious Malfoy. My wife was so happy, I think she stayed up half the night going back to old stages and discovering new characters/red blocks/gold bricks etc. Unfortunately I had to go to bed to get up for work today :) (this also allowed her to try out the new headphones I had bought her for the tv when I am sleeping). But I do remember helping her to get Snape before I went to bed. She doesn't worry about achievements unless they just happen on accident so I can go back and do that barrel one.

When I went to bed, we had crossed the 60% mark. Again, 100% is a stretch but we certainly would like to get there. Worth the $30 I paid for it big time.

Matt 09-08-11 09:33 AM

I saw the first game on clearance for $8 at Target a few weeks ago. Would have been a great buy but I'm waiting for the complete Years 1-7 game and don't want to have to replay the same levels a bunch of times. I'm already kind of burned-out on the Lego games as it is.

pinata242 09-08-11 12:04 PM

Lego games are notorious for glitching with regards to the 100% goals. Don't be surprised if you wind up at 98.6% and you're sure you have everything.

Kedrix 09-08-11 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 10916007)
Lego games are notorious for glitching with regards to the 100% goals. Don't be surprised if you wind up at 98.6% and you're sure you have everything.

Lovely, but I know my wife's attention span (which is shorter than mine), she's excited playing it right now, but give it a week. :) However, I am stubborn and if she gets close enough and then gets bored of it I have a habit of going in there and cleaning up.

pinata242 09-08-11 12:57 PM

I had to play it twice just to get 100%. Wasn't the first Lego game to do that to me and I was, by no means, alone in that.

dsa_shea 09-08-11 02:30 PM

I was able to manage the 100% and a platinum the first time through but was paranoid as hell the last 10 hours or so. I just knew that I would have to play it again to get the 100%. Fortunately that was not the case and I'm on to an even glitchier Lego Indiana Jones 2.

Kedrix 09-08-11 03:11 PM

Remember when I mentioned my wife and I started last night at 50ish percent and got up to like 60? She just told me she is up to almost 80%. Go hunny go! I knew I married you for something :D. I really hope she doesn't run into the 100% bug.

Cusm 09-08-11 03:28 PM

Is there any way you can transfer your purchased people to another user profile? I want to transfer the available people I have on my account over to my son's profile so he could use them on his sign on.

Kedrix 09-12-11 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm (Post 10916297)
Is there any way you can transfer your purchased people to another user profile? I want to transfer the available people I have on my account over to my son's profile so he could use them on his sign on.

Yes and no. Technically, there is no way to transfer characters over to another user profile. Same with any saved game on 360 to my knowledge. However, if you are willing to take some time, I think Gamefaqs has all of the codes that you can enter in one of the places in Diagon Alley. That will allow you any characters you want along with any of the red block extras. That way the son can play all the levels as new too. This would probably be the best way to go.

In other news, me and the wife are up to almost 90%. We have 1 red block left, 2 children in peril and a bunch of unfinished crests. However, if I do the math correctly, it looks like we are going to be about 10 gold legos short once that is all said and done. We have bought all of the extra gold ones from the shop, played through I want to say 8 of the 10 bonus levels and it seems like everything else logically there is. But once we finish out the crests, I'll try to figure that out.

Interestingly enough, I broke out Lego Star Wars (over 2 years later) this other weekend and realize why I put it down. Redoing the levels with the timer and the blue things to collect. However, I figured out how to do 3 of my remaining 5 achievements. I don't think I'll ever get the lightsaber combo achievo and I am certainly not going through the heartache of 100% so it is probably done with now.

Cusm 09-13-11 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 10920554)
In other news, me and the wife are up to almost 90%. We have 1 red block left, 2 children in peril and a bunch of unfinished crests. However, if I do the math correctly, it looks like we are going to be about 10 gold legos short once that is all said and done. We have bought all of the extra gold ones from the shop, played through I want to say 8 of the 10 bonus levels and it seems like everything else logically there is. But once we finish out the crests, I'll try to figure that out.

Interestingly enough, I broke out Lego Star Wars (over 2 years later) this other weekend and realize why I put it down. Redoing the levels with the timer and the blue things to collect. However, I figured out how to do 3 of my remaining 5 achievements. I don't think I'll ever get the lightsaber combo achievo and I am certainly not going through the heartache of 100% so it is probably done with now.

Have you done all the things in the school? I know there are some torches to blast that had the 1/7 thing pop up. We are about 60% so far and getting close to the point I am going to have to internet cheat for the missing crest.

When this is done I need to go back and "finish" Star Wars. But like you that one will not be 100%. There is one of the bonus levels with the EpII Attack Ship that I can not beat, the original version. It sucks and starts you at the beginning when you blow up. That level will remain untouched when I go back. I am hoping the Clone Wars game is more inline with PotC and HP vs the original SW game as that will be our next pick up.

Kedrix 09-13-11 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm (Post 10921953)
Have you done all the things in the school? I know there are some torches to blast that had the 1/7 thing pop up. We are about 60% so far and getting close to the point I am going to have to internet cheat for the missing crest.

There is SOOOO much to do at the school, especially after you finish the original levels. There are hidden rooms galore at that school which contain gold bricks, characters, red blocks, children in peril, etc. I would like to say I've done it all but everytime I think I am done, I find something else. Torches are the least of your worries :).

Don't feel bad about internet cheat for the crests. Since there is no official guide by Prima or Brady, it is about the only way to get some information. We might have to do that ourselves for some of the crests and some of the little things at the end here.

When this is done I need to go back and "finish" Star Wars. But like you that one will not be 100%. There is one of the bonus levels with the EpII Attack Ship that I can not beat, the original version. It sucks and starts you at the beginning when you blow up. That level will remain untouched when I go back. I am hoping the Clone Wars game is more inline with PotC and HP vs the original SW game as that will be our next pick up.
I'm not sure if I finished that one either but I did do a lot of bonus levels. My main problem was just the blue things. I get annoyed with timed things because I am such the explorer (hence why I love the lego games so much). I have not played PotC, I am good with waiting that go to $20 before I pick it up. Clone Wars will probably be picked up but I am with you...I would rather see it more like Potter and a little less like Star Wars. Did I get my money's worth with Lego Star Wars, oh certainly. But do I want that experience again in a new shell? Not so much.

Obi-Wanma 09-13-11 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 10921986)
Don't feel bad about internet cheat for the crests. Since there is no official guide by Prima or Brady, it is about the only way to get some information. We might have to do that ourselves for some of the crests and some of the little things at the end here.

How do you figure that using the internet is cheating, but using a guide is not? I don't really see a difference there. (not that there's anything wrong with either of them, I like to find things on my own, but I'm not too proud to go to the internet when I get too frustrated). To me the only difference is that the internet is free. I haven't bought a guide in many years.

Also, I didn't have too much trouble with the blue minikits myself. Most of them are in plain sight, so there's no need to destroy everything like there is when searching for regular minikits. And I didn't feel the need to explore too deep, because I had already been thru these levels twice already exploring every bit I could. I was more than happy to run thru them the third time. It does kinda suck when you miss one, but that's when I resorted to the internet, because I really don't have the patience to do it over and over until I find them all on my own (especially when it's at least the third time thru, like I said)

Kedrix 09-13-11 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni (Post 10922135)
How do you figure that using the internet is cheating, but using a guide is not? I don't really see a difference there. (not that there's anything wrong with either of them, I like to find things on my own, but I'm not too proud to go to the internet when I get too frustrated). To me the only difference is that the internet is free. I haven't bought a guide in many years.

Also, I didn't have too much trouble with the blue minikits myself.

Oh I don't. I was merely using Cusm's word choice. Regardless whether it is the internet or a prima guide, it is just a form of help. Sorry if it seemed otherwise. I almost always try to do things on my own (which probably surprises people when they see I have around 100+ guides for various games). But guides or the internet just help me out when I need it most. To be honest, I've bought guides for games after I've beat them just to see if I missed something. Of course this goes along with the fact that 90% or more of the guides I buy are done for $5 or less. But anyway, that's another subject.

Chances are with Lego Star Wars, I would not have too much trouble with the blue mini-kits. However, there are two things that keep me from doing it. It's been over two years since I seriously played it last and when I was done with the game, I had played it to death. I wanted to drop kick an Ewok at that point. Not saying I didn't get my moneys worth or enjoyed the experience but I clearly overplayed. Maybe I'll go back. We'll see :)