Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Lego Harry Potter trailer...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-11, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: New Lego Harry Potter trailer...

Wife and I just finished the story missions this past week. Solid stuff, now we are just getting as many extras as we can. I wouldn't expect us to get 100% but based on previous (Lego Batman, Star Wars), I think we will get pretty close. 5-7 will be an easy purchase once it goes under $30. I would expect a complete collection as well eventually but I certainly feel like we got our money's worth by buying them before that happens.
Old 09-06-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I just picked up Years 1-4 on the Blockbuster B1G1 free sale, ended up being $7.50 and we are about 37% done. Now if I can get my son to stop buying every person we unlock the second we unlock them. Just need to find a deal on LSW:CW and this one in the winter.
Old 09-08-11, 09:02 AM

Last night, we finally unlocked one of the dark magic folks, Mr. Lucious Malfoy. My wife was so happy, I think she stayed up half the night going back to old stages and discovering new characters/red blocks/gold bricks etc. Unfortunately I had to go to bed to get up for work today (this also allowed her to try out the new headphones I had bought her for the tv when I am sleeping). But I do remember helping her to get Snape before I went to bed. She doesn't worry about achievements unless they just happen on accident so I can go back and do that barrel one.

When I went to bed, we had crossed the 60% mark. Again, 100% is a stretch but we certainly would like to get there. Worth the $30 I paid for it big time.
Old 09-08-11, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw the first game on clearance for $8 at Target a few weeks ago. Would have been a great buy but I'm waiting for the complete Years 1-7 game and don't want to have to replay the same levels a bunch of times. I'm already kind of burned-out on the Lego games as it is.
Old 09-08-11, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lego games are notorious for glitching with regards to the 100% goals. Don't be surprised if you wind up at 98.6% and you're sure you have everything.
Old 09-08-11, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Lego games are notorious for glitching with regards to the 100% goals. Don't be surprised if you wind up at 98.6% and you're sure you have everything.
Lovely, but I know my wife's attention span (which is shorter than mine), she's excited playing it right now, but give it a week. However, I am stubborn and if she gets close enough and then gets bored of it I have a habit of going in there and cleaning up.
Old 09-08-11, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had to play it twice just to get 100%. Wasn't the first Lego game to do that to me and I was, by no means, alone in that.
Old 09-08-11, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I was able to manage the 100% and a platinum the first time through but was paranoid as hell the last 10 hours or so. I just knew that I would have to play it again to get the 100%. Fortunately that was not the case and I'm on to an even glitchier Lego Indiana Jones 2.
Old 09-08-11, 03:11 PM

Remember when I mentioned my wife and I started last night at 50ish percent and got up to like 60? She just told me she is up to almost 80%. Go hunny go! I knew I married you for something . I really hope she doesn't run into the 100% bug.
Old 09-08-11, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there any way you can transfer your purchased people to another user profile? I want to transfer the available people I have on my account over to my son's profile so he could use them on his sign on.
Old 09-12-11, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
Is there any way you can transfer your purchased people to another user profile? I want to transfer the available people I have on my account over to my son's profile so he could use them on his sign on.
Yes and no. Technically, there is no way to transfer characters over to another user profile. Same with any saved game on 360 to my knowledge. However, if you are willing to take some time, I think Gamefaqs has all of the codes that you can enter in one of the places in Diagon Alley. That will allow you any characters you want along with any of the red block extras. That way the son can play all the levels as new too. This would probably be the best way to go.

In other news, me and the wife are up to almost 90%. We have 1 red block left, 2 children in peril and a bunch of unfinished crests. However, if I do the math correctly, it looks like we are going to be about 10 gold legos short once that is all said and done. We have bought all of the extra gold ones from the shop, played through I want to say 8 of the 10 bonus levels and it seems like everything else logically there is. But once we finish out the crests, I'll try to figure that out.

Interestingly enough, I broke out Lego Star Wars (over 2 years later) this other weekend and realize why I put it down. Redoing the levels with the timer and the blue things to collect. However, I figured out how to do 3 of my remaining 5 achievements. I don't think I'll ever get the lightsaber combo achievo and I am certainly not going through the heartache of 100% so it is probably done with now.
Old 09-13-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kedrix
In other news, me and the wife are up to almost 90%. We have 1 red block left, 2 children in peril and a bunch of unfinished crests. However, if I do the math correctly, it looks like we are going to be about 10 gold legos short once that is all said and done. We have bought all of the extra gold ones from the shop, played through I want to say 8 of the 10 bonus levels and it seems like everything else logically there is. But once we finish out the crests, I'll try to figure that out.

Interestingly enough, I broke out Lego Star Wars (over 2 years later) this other weekend and realize why I put it down. Redoing the levels with the timer and the blue things to collect. However, I figured out how to do 3 of my remaining 5 achievements. I don't think I'll ever get the lightsaber combo achievo and I am certainly not going through the heartache of 100% so it is probably done with now.

Have you done all the things in the school? I know there are some torches to blast that had the 1/7 thing pop up. We are about 60% so far and getting close to the point I am going to have to internet cheat for the missing crest.

When this is done I need to go back and "finish" Star Wars. But like you that one will not be 100%. There is one of the bonus levels with the EpII Attack Ship that I can not beat, the original version. It sucks and starts you at the beginning when you blow up. That level will remain untouched when I go back. I am hoping the Clone Wars game is more inline with PotC and HP vs the original SW game as that will be our next pick up.
Old 09-13-11, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cusm
Have you done all the things in the school? I know there are some torches to blast that had the 1/7 thing pop up. We are about 60% so far and getting close to the point I am going to have to internet cheat for the missing crest.
There is SOOOO much to do at the school, especially after you finish the original levels. There are hidden rooms galore at that school which contain gold bricks, characters, red blocks, children in peril, etc. I would like to say I've done it all but everytime I think I am done, I find something else. Torches are the least of your worries .

Don't feel bad about internet cheat for the crests. Since there is no official guide by Prima or Brady, it is about the only way to get some information. We might have to do that ourselves for some of the crests and some of the little things at the end here.
When this is done I need to go back and "finish" Star Wars. But like you that one will not be 100%. There is one of the bonus levels with the EpII Attack Ship that I can not beat, the original version. It sucks and starts you at the beginning when you blow up. That level will remain untouched when I go back. I am hoping the Clone Wars game is more inline with PotC and HP vs the original SW game as that will be our next pick up.
I'm not sure if I finished that one either but I did do a lot of bonus levels. My main problem was just the blue things. I get annoyed with timed things because I am such the explorer (hence why I love the lego games so much). I have not played PotC, I am good with waiting that go to $20 before I pick it up. Clone Wars will probably be picked up but I am with you...I would rather see it more like Potter and a little less like Star Wars. Did I get my money's worth with Lego Star Wars, oh certainly. But do I want that experience again in a new shell? Not so much.
Old 09-13-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Don't feel bad about internet cheat for the crests. Since there is no official guide by Prima or Brady, it is about the only way to get some information. We might have to do that ourselves for some of the crests and some of the little things at the end here.
How do you figure that using the internet is cheating, but using a guide is not? I don't really see a difference there. (not that there's anything wrong with either of them, I like to find things on my own, but I'm not too proud to go to the internet when I get too frustrated). To me the only difference is that the internet is free. I haven't bought a guide in many years.

Also, I didn't have too much trouble with the blue minikits myself. Most of them are in plain sight, so there's no need to destroy everything like there is when searching for regular minikits. And I didn't feel the need to explore too deep, because I had already been thru these levels twice already exploring every bit I could. I was more than happy to run thru them the third time. It does kinda suck when you miss one, but that's when I resorted to the internet, because I really don't have the patience to do it over and over until I find them all on my own (especially when it's at least the third time thru, like I said)

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 09-13-11 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-13-11, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
How do you figure that using the internet is cheating, but using a guide is not? I don't really see a difference there. (not that there's anything wrong with either of them, I like to find things on my own, but I'm not too proud to go to the internet when I get too frustrated). To me the only difference is that the internet is free. I haven't bought a guide in many years.

Also, I didn't have too much trouble with the blue minikits myself.
Oh I don't. I was merely using Cusm's word choice. Regardless whether it is the internet or a prima guide, it is just a form of help. Sorry if it seemed otherwise. I almost always try to do things on my own (which probably surprises people when they see I have around 100+ guides for various games). But guides or the internet just help me out when I need it most. To be honest, I've bought guides for games after I've beat them just to see if I missed something. Of course this goes along with the fact that 90% or more of the guides I buy are done for $5 or less. But anyway, that's another subject.

Chances are with Lego Star Wars, I would not have too much trouble with the blue mini-kits. However, there are two things that keep me from doing it. It's been over two years since I seriously played it last and when I was done with the game, I had played it to death. I wanted to drop kick an Ewok at that point. Not saying I didn't get my moneys worth or enjoyed the experience but I clearly overplayed. Maybe I'll go back. We'll see
Old 09-13-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Using the Internet beats calling Nintendo's 1-900 line years ago (during the Pro Wrestling years) by a hundred miles. I actually remember calling Nintendo about Golgo 13 or something like that to get help to pass a puzzle. They had some 900 phone line that charged a set amount by the minute and reps on the other ends with "notes".
Old 09-15-11, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sorry I only used the term because I hear it daily on the radio (sports talk radio) on my drive to work, they use it to recall some random sprorts stat vs them knowing it off the top of their head. I have no issue using the internet for gaming, I have been doing it as long as I can remember. I usually have my phone or laptop handy to look up something, like last night the stupid crest in the Dragon level with the xylephone - play the note the dragon is snoring.

I think Pirates is the best Lego game to date, not playing SW3 yet, it has the most fluid controls and switching people is by far the easiest. I hate being in a secret level and having to go to a different part of the school to Polyjuice into the one character you need to open/break an item. Now if all the Lego games would provide all the pieces for custom characters, my son is always mad when he can't make someone with this hair or hat. And he would love if you could have all the characters from all the games in one game - I hear this almost daily.
Old 09-15-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Most likely licensing for characters from game to game is why we can't have or make certain characters found in other movie based lego games. Also, the games are based around movies from different studios. It would be awesome but I understand why it hasn't happened.
Old 09-16-11, 08:04 AM

We really should just turn this post into the Lego column (mods if you could make that happen, I'd love ya!). But anyway, if any of you have a Fry's near ya, they have Lego Star Wars 3 for $20 semioles. $20 is my magic price point when it comes to Lego games (not named Indiana Jones )...so I am pretty sure I am picking that up today after work.

Not much to report on Lego Harry Potter, my wife is back into WoW..*sigh*. I could sit there and finish the rest of it but I'll try and convince her to finish up some of these crests. I might do a few this weekend though just to get us closer.
Old 09-16-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No Fry's in my state, but Amazon had it for $19.99, so grabbed it. I am missing 1 Student in Peril, 6-8 Gold bricks (the locator is showing the person selling spells but I bought them all and nothing there) and about 7 missing people to complete this one.

And to clarify, my son is upset with PotC that they do not have all the parts of all the PotC people in the custom figure area. He wants to make a person Davey Jones and him with Jack Sparrow hair.
Old 10-08-11, 01:29 PM

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I figured a Saturday morning is as good as any to finish the rest of this. Finished the 4 remaining crests I had, went through the research to figure out how to get the rest of the characters. Found those guys, and luckily got the two last gold bricks as well. Bought the characters, went and did the last bonus level. Got the 100%. All achievements are popping at this point. Figure how to do the last two Voldy achievements. Look at my achievements...

35 of 36.

The last achievement left?

Quidditch Team

Buy the entire Gryffindor Quidditch team from Book One (Single Player Only)

Except, I have all of the characters. Except I never used one cheat code to get anything. I found it all...and there is still that one achievo left.

The only thing I could find was the fact that since I played with my wife and often I would let her buy the characters that possibly (not 100% of course), was the reason it didn't pop. If so, that is one of the biggest piles of bullshat I've heard in a while.

I'm certainly not in the frame of mind to actually try that right now, but maybe down the road. *grumble*, if anybody knows a definitive solution that doesn't involve replaying the game, please let me know.
Old 10-08-11, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I figured a Saturday morning is as good as any to finish the rest of this. Finished the 4 remaining crests I had, went through the research to figure out how to get the rest of the characters. Found those guys, and luckily got the two last gold bricks as well. Bought the characters, went and did the last bonus level. Got the 100%. All achievements are popping at this point. Figure how to do the last two Voldy achievements. Look at my achievements...

35 of 36.

The last achievement left?

Quidditch Team

Buy the entire Gryffindor Quidditch team from Book One (Single Player Only)

Except, I have all of the characters. Except I never used one cheat code to get anything. I found it all...and there is still that one achievo left.

The only thing I could find was the fact that since I played with my wife and often I would let her buy the characters that possibly (not 100% of course), was the reason it didn't pop. If so, that is one of the biggest piles of bullshat I've heard in a while.

I'm certainly not in the frame of mind to actually try that right now, but maybe down the road. *grumble*, if anybody knows a definitive solution that doesn't involve replaying the game, please let me know.
Care less about achievements

Seriously though all of the lego games are notorious for having glitched achievements and no updates, so you may never get it.
Old 10-08-11, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by orangecrush
Care less about achievements

Seriously though all of the lego games are notorious for having glitched achievements and no updates, so you may never get it.
Haha, yeah you are right about that. Except I rarely get all of the achievos for a retail release and this one seemed to be within my grasp. I can admit I suck at something but when it is the actual game, that can be very frustrating. But, I don't expect any update to magically give me anything, so I guess unless somebody out there sees this and knows the magic words so to speak, I AM SKEWEEED. Oh well.
Old 10-08-11, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

Haha, yeah you are right about that. Except I rarely get all of the achievos for a retail release and this one seemed to be within my grasp. I can admit I suck at something but when it is the actual game, that can be very frustrating. But, I don't expect any update to magically give me anything, so I guess unless somebody out there sees this and knows the magic words so to speak, I AM SKEWEEED. Oh well.
If it is really eating away at you, just start a new game.
Old 10-08-11, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by orangecrush
If it is really eating away at you, just start a new game.
Yeah, honestly, you're lucky it didn't glitch on something harder. This one shouldn't be that hard to get starting over fresh.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.