Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Ultimate Battle Free Pinball Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Re: The Ultimate Pinball Thread

I agree that the views aren't always consistent. I, like others have mentioned here, usually stick with view #4.

Thanks for the tip on turning off the sparks and scores darkside. I never checked and did not know you could do that.
Old 11-08-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, that was the first thing I did, that shit is crazy annoying.
Old 11-11-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I have had some time with all of the 4 new tables and I have to say that the one that gives me headaches is Rome. I am lucky to even get a million points on the first ball. I can't remember a table where I never hard to worry about the far lanes over the fucking center hole. I don't think I have ever had one consistently lost down the middle than this table. Frustrating as hell.

And it just seems so busy with goals that are hard to see and lanes that are hard to shoot (except the main two parallel ramps. I'm going to keep working at that table but it is a tough one for me. The others are fun and pretty entertaining. I haven't gotten to going thru the old tables yet. Just starting one by one and spending time on each of them until I get the high score (or close to it).

Don't know if I will ever become Pinball King with Jason on my friends list with his insane Rocky & Bullwinkle score. I may have to dump you.
Old 11-11-10, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

Yup, they evilly designed the Rome table in such a way that if you don't get the ball all the way up the right aqueduct ramp, it'll come rolling back down at a rapid rate and you're losing that ball between your flippers. Sometimes if I see the ball slow on the way up the ramp, I'll quickly nudge the table, but I usually don't remember in time.
Old 11-11-10, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess Im an old school type guy, I enjoy the Alien/Devils Crush pinball games for the TG-16/Wii
Old 11-11-10, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Don't know if I will ever become Pinball King with Jason on my friends list with his insane Rocky & Bullwinkle score. I may have to dump you.
I've contemplated dropping Jason from my friends list. I think I'd be in the lead on most tables. I'd definitely be the king right now though. Damn him.

I've pretty much given up on both Rome and Secrets of the Deep, but I still try them once or twice a week. I really hate both tables. Nothing like spending 5+ minutes on the Rome table and only getting 500k points.
Old 11-11-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though

I only have R&B and Excalibur. Yesterday I was playing R&B and got multiball going for a while and racked up my highest score ever and I still only have 1/10 of Jason's score

BTW - R&B is a really good table and I can play it for quite a long time without wanting to play anything else.
Old 11-11-10, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by orangecrush
I only have R&B and Excalibur. Yesterday I was playing R&B and got multiball going for a while and racked up my highest score ever and I still only have 1/10 of Jason's score

BTW - R&B is a really good table and I can play it for quite a long time without wanting to play anything else.
Did you beat your score of like 31M? I was about to quit playing, but saw you beat my score on R&B, so I decided to try beating yours real quick. I beat it on the first ball, and then proceeded to score under a million with my last two balls. I did notice you were still playing, so I figured you probably leap-frogged over my newly acquired high score.
Old 11-11-10, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flashburn
Did you beat your score of like 31M? I was about to quit playing, but saw you beat my score on R&B, so I decided to try beating yours real quick. I beat it on the first ball, and then proceeded to score under a million with my last two balls. I did notice you were still playing, so I figured you probably leap-frogged over my newly acquired high score.
50ish M now
I like that the board isn't so cluttered. I am also learning to control my urge to always try and hit the ball immediately rather than waiting for a favorable bounce, hold and aim.
Old 11-11-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Haha, nice! I figured you probably had a better game going, but I wanted to wrap up my gaming for the night. I need practice on that table, because I'm really terrible at hitting the ramps on that one.

BTW you guys need to get/play more tables! I don't feel too compelled to play them much unless I have some competition.
Old 11-11-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am just rolling slowly thru them one by one. When I beat the high score, I move to the next one. I appear to be stuck at Rome at the moment though. Ugh.
Old 11-11-10, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
BTW you guys need to get/play more tables! I don't feel too compelled to play them much unless I have some competition.
I have all the tables and am on your Friends list. Nice to know where I stand.
Old 11-11-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
I have all the tables and am on your Friends list. Nice to know where I stand.
Step your game up!
Old 11-11-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

50ish M now
I like that the board isn't so cluttered. I am also learning to control my urge to always try and hit the ball immediately rather than waiting for a favorable bounce, hold and aim.
Damn did you pass me?

Or are you not on my list?
Old 11-12-10, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Damn did you pass me?

Or are you not on my list?
I am not sure, what is your tag?
Old 11-12-10, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally found out the key to getting the ball into the palace in Pasha consistently. Shoot it off of the top left flipper but you have to have the right flipper pushed in to get up there.
Old 11-13-10, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am not sure, what is your tag?
I added you today and saw you were like 200,000 in front of me, so I had to take you down a peg.

Sadly, my game of a lifetime is still 340+million short of Jason.
Old 11-14-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
I added you today and saw you were like 200,000 in front of me, so I had to take you down a peg.

Sadly, my game of a lifetime is still 340+million short of Jason.
Booooo. I'll have to keep at it. I don't think i'll ever get close to Jason though.
Old 11-14-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Booooo. I'll have to keep at it. I don't think i'll ever get close to Jason though.
You were tops on my FL as well on R&B - but I decided to buy the table, and promptly beat you senseless. or by 100k. whatever came first.
Old 11-15-10, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
You were tops on my FL as well on R&B - but I decided to buy the table, and promptly beat you senseless. or by 100k. whatever came first.
I think it was by quite a lot. Now I know you did it shortly after buying the game, I dislike you like that kid in the Wizard.

That kid still thinks he's better than me.
Old 11-15-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh shit, next month!
Marvel Pinball coming to XBLA and PSN in December
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/15/ma...n-in-december/

Awesome that on XBLA it will just come in the form as 4 new tables for Pinball FX2.

Then there is this awesome little tidbit of info:
Zen says it has "access to the entire Marvel Universe IP" and promises "regular DLC content" for Marvel Pinball throughout 2011 "and beyond."
Old 11-15-10, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^Now that is good news.

Spent some time on the Street Fighter table yesterday and had a pretty good game on that mediocre table. It honestly went on so long that I was getting bored with it and just honestly wanted the game to end.

What's the deal with the far right ramp on Excalibur? (the one you lock your balls in for multi-ball). Did the move it just a little? I can't seem to get the ball up there unless it is just a lucky shot. All the other ramps are easy but that one is a bitch. I don't remember it being that hard before but granted, I didn't play that table a lot. Is there a special trick to it?
Old 11-15-10, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a terrible time with that one too. Granted, you get the least amount of practice on it too.
Old 11-15-10, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there instructions or tutorial videos for any of the tables? I fully admit that my only goal when I play is to keep the ball in play. I have absolutely no idea what else I'm supposed to be doing.
Old 11-15-10, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can get instructions by pausing the game. They aren't as thorough as the Williams' tutorials though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.