Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Halo: Reach - Fall 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 918 Likes on 651 Posts
Re: Halo: Reach - Fall 2010

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
He'll be back Monday. But no discussion of suspended members while they are gone please.
Hadn't considered it, but noted.
Old 09-10-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,846 Likes on 1,144 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKRlWLDWhGI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DKRlWLDWhGI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Not sure if that was posted before since I'm not a big Halo fan, but this is pretty bad ass. My cousin that works at Microsoft offered to get it for me, so I might give it a run through for kicks.
I love that video. It's been up on LIVE for some time now.

I'm wondering now if REACH will be a bit dark and moody like ODST since we kinda know what ultimately happens....
Old 09-10-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

When is this coming out? What system is it for? How long is this game? How many discs is this game on? How is the multiplayer? Are there any reviews yet?
Old 09-10-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts

Stupid question: ODST -- it's a FPS, right? I've played the Halo's and have every intention of getting Reach but I never played or even researched ODST.

I kinda feeled like "unnamed banned guy" for asking my above question
Old 09-10-10, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes. All the Halo games are first person shooters except for Halo Wars, which is a strategy game.
Old 09-10-10, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V
Stupid question: ODST -- it's a FPS, right? I've played the Halo's and have every intention of getting Reach but I never played or even researched ODST.

I kinda feeled like "unnamed banned guy" for asking my above question
Yes, same basic gameplay, although it's laid out a little differently. There is a "hub city" that you run around and get into some small skirmishes in. At certain points in this city (as the story goes on) you will play levels that take place in other locations and those are more similar to traditional Halo levels.
Old 09-10-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

ODST is FPS.It's HALO but without the Uber soldier/Spartan edge.
Old 09-10-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yes. All the Halo games are first person shooters except for Halo Wars, which is a strategy game.
Not all, don't forget about the side scrolling computer game
Old 09-10-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I love that video. It's been up on LIVE for some time now.

I'm wondering now if REACH will be a bit dark and moody like ODST since we kinda know what ultimately happens....
It's been awhile since i played Halo. I cant remember anything being said about Reach. I have no clue what happens so please spoiler tag anything that you know about Reach.
Old 09-10-10, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mhg83
It's been awhile since i played Halo. I cant remember anything being said about Reach. I have no clue what happens so please spoiler tag anything that you know about Reach.

Dude, seriously?
Old 09-10-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sniper308
Dude, seriously?
Yes seriously.
Old 09-10-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

You know, it figures. The one time I pre-order a game (I couldn't pass up amazon's deal), I see the game for sale early - they had it yesterday at the local indie store. I totally could be playing it now! Oh well, I guess it's not worth the $20 amazon gave me. But still...
Old 09-10-10, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I prefer to have strangers on the internet tell me everything that happens in the Halo games, so really they've been more 3rd person for me.
Old 09-10-10, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Spoiler:
This game takes place before HALO 1. Reach fell to the Covenant and all Spartans(including the Spartans of this new game) are killed leaving The Master Chief of the 1st HALO game the last Spartan Super soldier.

HALO Timeline.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us//abouthalo/timeline

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-10-10 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-10-10, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,262 Likes on 4,280 Posts

Spoiler:
This game takes place before HALO 1. Reach fell to the Covenant and all Spartans(including the Spartans of this new game) are killed leaving The Master Chief of the 1st HALO game the last Spartan Super soldier.
Spoiler:
Finally, a game I know won't be too tough for me to finish!
Old 09-11-10, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes seriously.
The story is so well known that its a bit ridiculous to spoiler at this point... I mean if there is a twist somewhere within Reach that's one thing, but this is the sequel that is literally being advertised saying, "You know how it ends".
Old 09-11-10, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The story is so well known that its a bit ridiculous to spoiler at this point... I mean if there is a twist somewhere within Reach that's one thing, but this is the sequel that is literally being advertised saying, "You know how it ends".

But seriously, why give him grief? Why not just answer the question or ignore the post? He said it's been a while and he doesn't remember the details of Reach. Why is that so hard to believe? Obviously he wasn't following the story of this new game and he's coming in late to the game and wants a refresher.

I just don't see the point of replying to him like that.
Old 09-11-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's only well known to Halo fans and fanboys. I don't know the story either despite playing through the other games at some point and I honestly couldn't care less. Some people were more about the multiplayer...
Old 09-11-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
It's only well known to Halo fans and fanboys. I don't know the story either despite playing through the other games at some point and I honestly couldn't care less. Some people were more about the multiplayer...

The advertisements for the game tell you what happens to Reach. There are books entitled The Fall of Reach. Its not a spoiler.
Old 09-11-10, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

But seriously, why give him grief? Why not just answer the question or ignore the post? He said it's been a while and he doesn't remember the details of Reach. Why is that so hard to believe? Obviously he wasn't following the story of this new game and he's coming in late to the game and wants a refresher.

I just don't see the point of replying to him like that.
There have been massive discussions on this forum about what should be spoiler tagged and what doesn't need to be, etc. I'd think that spoiler tags not being necessary on the ending of Reach would be something that most could agree on. But, I stand corrected.
Old 09-11-10, 07:36 PM

The advertisements for the game tell you what happens to Reach. There are books entitled The Fall of Reach. Its not a spoiler.
And what makes you think I care about Halo books?

I'm still buying this game for the multiplayer and to have fun with some buddies on the campaign. I don't care what happens in the convoluted story as long as it makes for some fun levels. Also, the spoilers don't bother me at all but don't assume that everyone knows everything that happens just because you do. That's the only point I'm trying to make.
Old 09-11-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Books aside, the "fall of Reach" was mentioned during the opening cinematic(or close to it) of the original Halo game 9 years ago.
Old 09-11-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
And what makes you think I care about Halo books?

I'm still buying this game for the multiplayer and to have fun with some buddies on the campaign. I don't care what happens in the convoluted story as long as it makes for some fun levels. Also, the spoilers don't bother me at all but don't assume that everyone knows everything that happens just because you do. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

And my initial response was to a request to spoilerize something that is in every advertisement for the game. I have no beef with someone not knowing or caring about the story. I was just incredulous that someone would ask for the plot of Reach to be spoiler tagged.
Old 09-11-10, 08:30 PM

For what it's worth, I knew this game was a prequel and that something bad happens to Reach that leads us to Master Chief. So I can understand somebody else knowing even less.

With that said, I get your point that he should not be in a Reach thread and be so sensitive to spoilers. Either you don't care like me, or stay away from it until you play through the game.
Old 09-11-10, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And my initial response was to a request to spoilerize something that is in every advertisement for the game. I have no beef with someone not knowing or caring about the story. I was just incredulous that someone would ask for the plot of Reach to be spoiler tagged.
I would like to go into the game fresh without any plot elements revealed. I've also avoided any gameplay trailers. We put spoiler tags for upcoming movies so why should videogame threads be any different??? I would still like to come in here and discuss pre-release hype.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.