Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Demon's Souls (PS3)

Old 05-19-11, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Demon's Souls (PS3)

Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
And on the technical side i hate that it has copy protected saves. So now i'm freaked out if my fatty dies on me i lose my progress Why does Sony have to do that shit?!
Save it to the clouuuud...
Old 05-19-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X View Post
Save it to the clouuuud...
Until it gets hacked...
Old 05-19-11, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finished the first boss last night! What a satisfying experience. Had about 8,000 souls i was able to save and start leveling. now i'm just grinding 1-1 to upgrade my weapons and lvl up a bit before moving on. One thing that pisses me off is that there's no pause button wtf! That's just sadistic. And on the technical side i hate that it has copy protected saves. So now i'm freaked out if my fatty dies on me i lose my progress Why does Sony have to do that shit?!

How did you guess progress through the game? Did you do 1-2 or start on 2-1? I've heard some found it easier to do the first level of each world first.
I believe I did 2-1, then 3-1, and farmed 3-1 a bit. Then went back to 1-2, and then 1-3? After that, get through 4-1, so you can do 4-2, where you can grind a reaper using a bow for some quick farming.
Old 06-01-11, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

once you are able to grind 4-2 (4-6k souls in less than 60s if you kill the first manta), the loss of souls does not seem so bad.
Old 10-31-11, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One review i saw said how it took him five hours to get through level one and the fact that when you die the game sends you back to the very beginning of the level! Sounds way too frustrating.
I beat that level for the first time today. It took me two years but I did it!
Old 02-18-12, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Started a new game since i lost the old save from my old ps3. Forgot how punishing the game is Just wish they could put an easy mode setting as an option
Old 02-22-12, 08:02 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish I had a PS3 just to play this game. If I asked for one, my wife would probably die of laughter.
Old 05-25-12, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Atlus keeps fun alive by extending Demon's Souls' servers

Demon's Souls' servers were all set to go to sleep on May 31st, 2012, but Atlus has just informed us today that the said servers are going to be extended "for the foreseeable future". For those of you who aren't familiar with the game, Demon's Souls basically allowed you to play online with other players, not only for PVP purposes, but for coop play as well (both directly and indirectly, through in-game "notes" and tips left by other players).

Atlus' Tim Pivnicny, VP of Marketing and Sales, had this to say: "While it originally seemed as though it would be unfeasible for us to continue to sustain the servers, a number of developments have made it possible for us to continue to invest in and support our fans as they have continued to invest in and support us and Demon's Souls."

The Souls series are two of my favorite games of all time, so it's nice to see good things on the horizon for From Software. Between this news, Dark Souls' solid sales numbers, and an upcoming PC port, the prospect of a third Souls game seems to be in the cards.
Old 05-25-12, 07:20 PM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That is great news.