Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

KillCam in CoD: WaW

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-09, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KillCam in CoD: WaW

Is the KillCam an accurate representation of the kill?

This may sound crazy, but it looks like my sync is off. I've been noticing this for about the last month or so. In almost every online match I play, I can run up to someone empty an entire magazine and nothing will happen. They, of course, respond by throwing a couple bullets back my way, ultimately leaving them the victor. I'm no CoD super star, so getting my ass handed to me is nothing new. However, when I watch the "replay" it shows me running up raising my gun and getting plugged a couple times by my opponent. There has been some other crazy nonsense by players I regard as the "Wizards of CoD", but this event was the most recent and prompted me to seek an answer.

Is this even possible on a PS3?

If my sync with the servers is off, is there any way to correct it?
Old 09-20-09, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: KillCam in CoD: WaW

I am an elite COD player...only use the Kill Cam (if needed) for where the guy is at on the playing field and you didn't know where he was... It shouldn't be used for a replay of the kill as it is off most of the time.
Old 09-21-09, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by thelwig14
I am an elite COD player...only use the Kill Cam (if needed) for where the guy is at on the playing field and you didn't know where he was... It shouldn't be used for a replay of the kill as it is off most of the time.
Thanks, that answered my question. I'm having trouble getting my bullets to do their job and thought if what I was seeing was any indication, I might be having PS3 hardware issues. Instead you confirmed my worst fear... I suck
Old 09-21-09, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Perfect Tommy
Thanks, that answered my question. I'm having trouble getting my bullets to do their job and thought if what I was seeing was any indication, I might be having PS3 hardware issues. Instead you confirmed my worst fear... I suck

Best advice I can offer is practice getting a machine gun and being able to circle your opponent while keeping the cursor painted on him. If you can move and hit at the same time, you will immediately be one of the best in the room. Once you get used to hitting a moving target while you move, then graduate to the next class of guns.
Old 09-21-09, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by thelwig14
Best advice I can offer is practice getting a machine gun and being able to circle your opponent while keeping the cursor painted on him. If you can move and hit at the same time, you will immediately be one of the best in the room. Once you get used to hitting a moving target while you move, then graduate to the next class of guns.
To be honest I'm not terrible, I just usually seem to find myself on the losing end when it comes down to a duel. You're right though, and hitting a moving target while I'm also moving is my weakest moment. Hell, just being able to aim better at a stationary target while I'm moving would help. It sounds like I need to put down the high powered rifle, get out of the nest and into the heart of the battle so I can practice.

Thanks again
Old 09-21-09, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be aware if you have a slower connection, other people do have an advantage over you on who sees who first.
Old 09-21-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I wasn't aware KillaCam was in WaW.
Old 09-21-09, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
Be aware if you have a slower connection, other people do have an advantage over you on who sees who first.
If that's the case, my first post holds a little water. Although it's not my sync with the servers it's the "sync" with that opponent. My world is running slightly slower than theirs.

Is there a way to only play against people with dial-up