Reload this Page >

Free 1 year membership to the eca

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-11-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is taken from CAG (everyone knows who that is) Thanks to Dallascowboys from there he deserves the credit since I am going to plagiarize his entire post lol

If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.
www.theeca.com

Eca Benefits from their website

* Amazon.com – get 10% off your games purchases at Amazon.com. Simply download coupon codes from the Benefits section once logged-in to your account. Then apply the code at checkout at Amazon.com. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it. (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)
* Buy.com offers millions of products in a different categories, and is pleased to offer ECA members $5.00 off any purchase of $75.00 or more on not only games, but movies and music as well!
* Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
* GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
* Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
* Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
* Tritton Technologies- get 20% off and free ground shipping on thier AXPRO series headsets.
* Dawdle.com - ECA members get reduced commissions of just 10.99%, which includes FREE payment processing. Dawdle is cheaper than eBay or any other marketplace to sell your used games and buy games from other gamers online, and this deal just for ECA members is even sweeter. Exercise your first sale rights and get cash to buy new games at the same time! Save money now by signing up for your Dawdle account through the ECA
I bought this for 20 last week, great deal if you buy games from amazon with their great prices.

I thought about posting this in hot deals, but since this is for games only I thought it would get more love in here. Please move if you need to mods.
Old 09-11-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
Re: Free 1 year membership to the eca

Nice, thanks. I just signed up. You have to hit 'review order' before it recognizes the discount but it lets you Cancel or Continue from there.
It says they will email 30 days before the year is out to confirm you want to continue membership.
Old 09-11-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome. Thank you.
Old 09-11-09, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woohoo, I'm in.
Old 09-11-09, 10:27 PM
Banned

Thanks! I was thinking of joining last week, but now is a no brainer.
Old 09-11-09, 10:46 PM

Awesome deal....just signed up...had been thinking about it but it was a no brainer with this deal.
Old 09-11-09, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,032 Likes on 4,117 Posts

Well, that sucks. We've been running out of Amazon coupons too quickly before -- now they'll be non-existant. I'm happy for folks here, but overall this is a double screwing for those of us who happily paid for this membership.
Old 09-12-09, 12:19 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, there is no way amazon is going to keep making coupons after 9/30....there has to be thousands signing up for this.
Old 09-12-09, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts

Well, looking at it optimistically (and acknowledging they're not locked into this):
"Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon."

Maybe that means each code will be user-specific, you can use it up to X times a year. That way they could still offer it as a benefit, people who paid could still get their money's worth, and it would probably be cheaper for them than the current method, because if everyone has the coupon and can use it say 4x a year, not everyone is going to, whereas now one person could use 4, 8, 10 codes in a year. Depending on the value of X (at least 4, if they want to make the Amazon benefit balance out the membership fee), I think that would be win/win.
Old 09-12-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm missing something here... Where do you actually put the code and sign up for the benefits? I created an account, but every time I try to go to http://www.theeca.com/member_home I get an "Access Denied / Please login to see this content" page, but I can see myself signed in on the left.
Old 09-12-09, 12:49 AM

You still have to give your CC # to the eca why though? :s
Old 09-12-09, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll tell you what I was missing: the validation email that went into my junk folder. I got one for the newsletter and I thought that was it.

Everything's in order now. Thanks, glassdragon!
Old 09-12-09, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by unskilledgymrat
You still have to give your CC # to the eca why though? :s
To keep out the riff-raff and to make sure they have a way to get paid.
Old 09-12-09, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Multi-use codes would be good. Maybe a code is good for 10 uses, make something on the site where you can check how many more uses your code has, when you run out you get another 10 use code. That is provided amazon hasn't made some kind of generator yet for it that just spits out a hundred thousand codes to a text file in 4 minutes.
Old 09-12-09, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish this worked for current members and there was a way to renew.

What I'm curious about, ECA offered me a free membership late last year and that's how I got involved. (Honestly, I thought it was a scam at the time.) But I provided no CC number, no nothing. I wonder what's going to happen when my year is "up" in about one week's time.
Old 09-12-09, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Well, that sucks. We've been running out of Amazon coupons too quickly before -- now they'll be non-existant. I'm happy for folks here, but overall this is a double screwing for those of us who happily paid for this membership.
Kinda pessimistic but you're probably right. Fortunately one doesn't need ECA codes when Toys R Us is giving out gift cards like candy.
Old 09-12-09, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn....I just signed up last week for $15....unbelievable. I wish I would've waited....
Old 09-12-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't mind having paid for my membership. I've already returned that $15 at least five times over having used The ECA codes for TB:RB and the Ion Drum Rocker. If I hadn't paid I wouldn't have been able to stack it on top of the Amazon 50% trade-in offer. No regrets here.
Old 09-12-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Kind of annoying, but I bought my membership in the beginning of August and it paid for itself (+$5) the first time I used it, and now I've got it for another eleven months, so I'm not too miffed.
Old 09-12-09, 10:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Great deal, thanks!
Old 09-12-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks a bunch! Had debated on signing up a while ago, but couldn't pass up on free.
Old 09-12-09, 10:47 AM

Thanks, signed up.
Old 09-12-09, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts

Thank you.
Old 09-12-09, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks!
Old 09-12-09, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
To keep out the riff-raff and to make sure they have a way to get paid.
That makes sense, thanks.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.