Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS3 Uncharted Package...Question!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-09, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS3 Uncharted Package...Question!

I saw that in my local Best Buy, that there is a deal on this for 18 months, no interest. I asked a guy working there how it worked, and he said that I would receive a bill in the mail every month and then I would either have to send in a check or pay this bill online through my checking account. He did not mention a Best Buy credit card, so do I need one to do this, or how will it work? I plan on going up to get this package tomorrow, if I do not need a Best Buy credit card.

If I do need one to get this amazing deal, how do I get it? I just turned 18 today, and I've wanted a PS3 since it came out.

Also, I would like to know how the game is, worth playing, or did they have to throw it in a bundle pack to get it to sell?
Old 05-06-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: PS3 Uncharted Package...Question!

Pretty sure you need a BB credit card. I did this a few years ago. You get a bill every month month with a minimum payment that you have to pay. If I remember correctly interest does accumulate but if paid of in 18 months you are good, if not paid in total, you have to pay all the interest as well.

BUT you would be better served by asking a BB employee. Just a note to an 18 year old, don't sign up for every credit card offer you see, it is a quick way to credit card debt.
Old 05-06-09, 11:43 PM

I know very well not to go for every credit card offer I see, I know that I can get it paid off in 18 months though, $28 a month to get it paid in full won't be very difficult to accomplish.

How hard is it to get a BB credit card, anyway? I've had my eyes set on this for awhile now, and really don't want to miss the opportunity...my local BB only has two or three of the Packages left.

Since I know I can get this paid off without much trouble, I figure that it'll be a good start on my credit.
Old 05-07-09, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If you're already gonna get a new credit card for this, if you get the Sony Card I think they give you a couple hundred off a new PS3. Don't know about the interest though, but it's something to look into.
Old 05-07-09, 12:10 AM

I'm not too worried about it...I would also guess that a Sony card has an annual fee, and that's not something I want to deal with. I know that there are some credit cards out there without annual fees, and those are the main ones that I'm going to look into. My fiancee and I pretty much have our minds set on doing it this way(I'm the kind of person that once my mind has something planned out...an interference or divergence in that plan is hell). I'd just rather not take a chance of getting in debt with a Sony card...I'd be too tempted to buy a certain $799.99 laptop I've had my eyes on for some time now...I'm sick of my 15.4" Toshiba.

So, has anyone played Uncharted yet?
Old 05-07-09, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's simply a financing offer on the Best Buy credit card. If you get it, just make sure you pay it off before the allotted time, or you'll incur all of the interest back onto the card.

= J
Old 05-07-09, 12:25 AM

About what time period are we looking at for the BBCC approval, and how much do you think you'd have to make monthly to be approved for the card?
Old 05-07-09, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They'll run your credit at the store and the decision comes back within 5 minutes. Normally, it's a very fast, easy process. The amount you're approved for is based on a credit check, but I'm not sure about the monthly thing.

= J
Old 05-07-09, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Windalf
I've played it three times now. It's fantastic.
Old 05-07-09, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fiancee? At 18? I think the credit card is the least of your worries.
Old 05-07-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

Originally Posted by edstein
Old 05-07-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you have no existing credit, I don't think you'll be approved for a "store specific" credit card as your first....I believe you'd need to have already established a bit of credit with a standard Visa/MC/Discover first....
Old 05-07-09, 08:13 PM

And I think someone needs to mind their own business, because we're financially stable.
Old 05-07-09, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And I think someone needs to mind their own business, because we're financially stable.
No problem dude. I'm just thinking the money you spent on a ring could have been spent on a PS3. There's plenty of time for marriage later.
Old 05-07-09, 09:08 PM
Banned

If you're that financially stable, you wouldn't need to charge a purchase like a PS3.
Old 05-07-09, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think you need to relax. Also, he's not talking about your finances.

I've wanted a PS3 since it came out.
If you had saved $30 a month since the day it came out, you would have already had one last year. Just a thought.
Old 05-08-09, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problem dude. I'm just thinking the money you spent on a ring could have been spent on a PS3. There's plenty of time for marriage later.
... and make sure you include the PS3 in the prenup.
Old 05-08-09, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would also guess that a Sony card has an annual fee, and that's not something I want to deal with. I know that there are some credit cards out there without annual fees, and those are the main ones that I'm going to look into.
The Sony card has no annual fee.
My fiancee and I pretty much have our minds set on doing it this way(I'm the kind of person that once my mind has something planned out...an interference or divergence in that plan is hell). I'd just rather not take a chance of getting in debt with a Sony card...I'd be too tempted to buy a certain $799.99 laptop I've had my eyes on for some time now...I'm sick of my 15.4" Toshiba..
It's going to be just as easy to buy a new laptop with a Best Buy credit card. In fact, it'll probably be more tempting, because they usually offer the zero interest deal on any purchase $500 and up. If you're worried about being able to control yourself, the Best Buy card might be dangerous.
All the way through twice, and plan on playing it again right before the sequel comes out. Great game.
Old 05-08-09, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, Uncharted is probably my favorite game so far for the PS3. Great choice for a first game.
Old 05-08-09, 10:37 PM

There is a big difference between financially stable, and being able to go out and spend $500 dollars out of pocket.