DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Assassin's Creed 2 • Dovrai essere un assassino di nuovo (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/553202-assassins-creed-2-dovrai-essere-un-assassino-di-nuovo.html)

Raul3 04-12-09 11:59 PM

Re: Assassin's Creed 2 • You'll want to be an Assassin again

Yeah, new it's like $30 so you should be able to find it cheaper.

edstein 04-13-09 12:08 AM

I got my copy free a few days ago. I was buying some stuff at target and decided to get this game, PS3 version. We paid for everything. Then when I got home I noticed on the receipt that there was no charge for the game. Nice bargain.

fargodroid 04-13-09 02:26 AM

The first game was pretty repetitive for me.

Anubis2005X 04-13-09 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by edstein (Post 9384462)
I got my copy free a few days ago. I was buying some stuff at target and decided to get this game, PS3 version. We paid for everything. Then when I got home I noticed on the receipt that there was no charge for the game. Nice bargain.

And the right thing to do in this situation would be...?

edstein 04-13-09 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X (Post 9384611)

I bought a clearance game from target about 6 months ago. It was sealed and red tagged. Brought it home, opened it and found a blank CD inside. Tried to exchange it and they said they couldn't since I could't prove it came that way. I call this karma. And to answer your question, the right thing to do is to enjoy the game.

zerotl 04-13-09 08:36 AM

If you can find it at blockbuster b&m, it's $13 new, ymmv of course

CKMorpheus 04-13-09 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X (Post 9384611)

Keep it. :)

Anubis2005X 04-13-09 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by edstein (Post 9384688)
I bought a clearance game from target about 6 months ago. It was sealed and red tagged. Brought it home, opened it and found a blank CD inside. Tried to exchange it and they said they couldn't since I could't prove it came that way. I call this karma. And to answer your question, the right thing to do is to enjoy the game.

Well in that case, more power to ya...

PixyJunket 04-16-09 12:42 PM

Assassin's Creed II Teaser Trailer

There's nothing here (except the Winter 2009 call), but whatever, here it is:
http://ubitv.de.ubi.com/?vid=370

Italy = YES.

fumanstan 04-16-09 01:06 PM

Re: Assassin's Creed II Teaser Trailer

Couldn't this have gone here? - http://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-...sin-again.html

Ravenous 04-16-09 03:41 PM

I finally beat the first game. Took me 5 hours to do the final Assassination Log 9 (including flag searching, view points, save peeps, etc) and the boss fights. Wow what a game.

But what was up with that ending?

spainlinx0 05-22-09 11:21 AM

Just beat the first one last night. Stayed up way too late underestimating the time for the last assassination. Once you got the counter move the game became a lot more fun for me. Once you also got the counter for the grab, it was over. It really didn't matter how many guards there were at all.

It was remarkably satisfying wiping the floor with the guards.

However while playing all I could think was how awesome the Animus would be as a videogame system. Full and true virtual reality.

buckee1 05-22-09 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 9380892)
I still have to play AC1.

same here. I started it and then Dead Space came along so...

RocShemp 05-23-09 08:29 AM

I can't wait for the sequel. I finally got to leaf through that issue of Game Informer and it seems they've addressed almost everything (I hope there's little-to-no time spent in the present/future this time around and the story segments are skipable and presented in a more dynamic fashion) that bothered me in the first. I'm really excited to play this which is far more than I can say I felt after I finished the first one. And the new setting looks stunning. :drool:

K&AJones 05-23-09 09:23 AM

From what little is out there on the new game besidesthe excellent screen shots they've added a few new twists and moves like involving water this time around. The setting and time couldn't be better.

I've noticed a few here playing the game on "Live" along with the likes of Bioshock which is refressing. Someone wrote, "there's really nothing for summer coming that's worthwhile". When you still have games like Assassin's Creed and Bioshock who needs them.

K&AJones 05-28-09 09:06 AM

Well it looks like Assassins Creed 2 is going to be released between mid October to mid November. That's great except for one thing, Bioshock 2 and COD:WaW2 are being released the first part of November as well.

We have twelve months out of a year and they have to pick the same one to release games!!!

uteotw 05-28-09 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones (Post 9470552)
Well it looks like Assassins Creed 2 is going to be released between mid October to mid November. That's great except for one thing, Bioshock 2 and COD:WaW2 are being released the first part of November as well.

We have twelve months out of a year and they have to pick the same one to release games!!!

YIKES. That's just brutal, since Bio2 and WaW2 are no-brainer release buys for me. Can't wait for AC2 either but may have to wait just a little... (easy to say now).

mattysemo247 05-28-09 10:21 AM

Well I finally beat the first one over the weekend. I thought the game was a 5/10 at best. It had a beautiful environment but was way too repetitive. The same missions, boss kills, and the final boss battle was weak. Hopefully the second one will be much better.

K&AJones 05-28-09 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 (Post 9470692)
Well I finally beat the first one over the weekend. I thought the game was a 5/10 at best. It had a beautiful environment but was way too repetitive. The same missions, boss kills, and the final boss battle was weak. Hopefully the second one will be much better.

I bought last year when it went on sale for $30.00. Started it but got side-tracked on other games (Bioshock) and now picked it up again. I'm in the middle of Memory Block Three.It's finding all the flags that's a pain.

RocShemp 05-28-09 07:38 PM

I quit the flag hunting almost immediately when I found out you get nothing out of it other than to say you did it (yeah, I'm not a trophy guy either). Had there been some unlockable content I would have bothered. From what I read, the sequel will reward you in such a manner so I'll do it then.

I'm not interested in Bioshock 2 so that's not a problem. But COD:WaW2 is news to me. I thought it was Modern Warfare 2 that was coming out in October. If the former, I wont bother. If the latter, I'm all over it. I'm more concerned with Uncharted 2 and Arkham Assylum being really close to Assassin's Creed 2's release date.

PopcornTreeCt 05-28-09 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by uteotw (Post 9470666)
YIKES. That's just brutal, since Bio2 and WaW2 are no-brainer release buys for me. Can't wait for AC2 either but may have to wait just a little... (easy to say now).

No, no, no. That's AWESOME! Those 3 games coming out this holiday season.... incredible.

K&AJones 05-29-09 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 9472112)
No, no, no. That's AWESOME! Those 3 games coming out this holiday season.... incredible.

That's not the "only problem", depending how you defy problem of course. But that's "Three of the Most Anticipated Games of the Year" and even more are around that time including Army of Two: 40th Day (December) and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (date?)

Lateralus 09-18-09 12:31 PM

Just saw this today, the game looks great! According to Amazon it comes on on Nov 17th!

<object width="425" width="267"><param name="movie" value="http://www.gamepro.com/bin/vid-bin/octPlayer.swf?vId=133350&p=e&ae=d"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="false"></param><embed src="http://www.gamepro.com/bin/vid-bin/octPlayer.swf?vId=133350&p=e&ae=d" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="false" width="425" height="267"></embed></object>

Raul3 09-18-09 01:34 PM

Already preordered the Collectors Edition from GameStop. :D

Tarantino 09-18-09 01:46 PM

I thought the first one was really boring. I hope this one exceeds expectations, because I liked the idea of the first, and that trailer looks pretty good.