Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

new Syndicate in the works?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 03-31-09, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Superstoked about this, Syndicate is one of my favorites, hope it's true.

Article

Starbreeze Studios is working with Electronic Arts on a new title in the Syndicate series, sources have confirmed to GamesIndustry.biz.

The studio, already responsible for critical hits The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay and The Darkness, has been working with EA since August 2007 on the title, before confirming a collaboration in February last year.

The game has had a working title of Project Redlime, and is due for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

However, the game isn't likely to see release until work is completed on Starbreeze's other collaboration with EA, for a new game based on Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne character.

Syndicate's cyberpunk future first appeared in 1993 and was developed by Bullfrog Productions, a company co-founded by Peter Molyneux. Bullfrog was later acquired by Electronic Arts.

EA has not responded to requests for comment.
Old 03-31-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: new Syndicate in the works?

Syndicate was one of the greatest video games of all time. A remake done correctly could be very awesome. I'm guessing it would just be a new FPS though.
Old 01-30-12, 08:11 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So this is just around the corner...and the first Syndicate is one of the best games I have ever played....

The new game looks a lot like an action version of Deus Ex...

Not sure what to think, but I do like that there is a coop demo this week. Coop looks like a better version of Brink.....
Old 01-30-12, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You all know that Syndicate (the original) was just rereleased on gog.com, right?
Old 01-30-12, 08:51 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dugan
You all know that Syndicate (the original) was just rereleased on gog.com, right?
anyone who has never played it...do yourself a favor and pick it up...classic...
Old 01-31-12, 07:30 AM
gamer for life

4 player coop demo is up on xbox...ps3 tomorrow...
Old 02-01-12, 08:10 AM
gamer for life

The demo was really fun...It looks like the coop will be a solid 6 hours of fun if you just want to do it all once...but with a leveling system and reasons to play each level on different difficulty this could be almost worth full price alone..

You have to play with people who talk..this is not something I would try with a bunch of randoms...and the game begs to be played with 4 people...

Everything about the game is designed to encourage coop...you have slow health regeneration....but you can heal your team any time you can see them by hacking them...bouncing their health up to max in seconds...

Powers that give the whole team bumps...like shielding...

Bosses and choke points that need you to flank and hack as a team...

and the coop is just a small part of the game...this could really be a surprise early in the year...
Old 02-01-12, 01:14 PM
gamer for life

no online pass

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...te-ea-confirms
Old 02-20-12, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,161 Likes on 4,193 Posts

I need to check out the demo. I'd love a two-person co-op game to play with my best friend. This comes out tomorrow, but still no reviews online -- odd since EA did allow advance reviews of Amalur just a few weeks ago.
I'd never buy a new IP (or a new remake like this) without a few reviews first, but for those on board, Amazon is still offering the $20 credit plus a DLC exclusive with pre-order. Maybe if I wasn't dropping over $300 this week on games, I might have pre-ordered this, but as it is I can wait.
Old 02-21-12, 09:07 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by Decker
I need to check out the demo. I'd love a two-person co-op game to play with my best friend.

From what I understand, the coop does not scale, so playing 2 player might be frustrating.

I am on chapter 7 so far. The game is actually fantastic. There are 20 chapters and it took me 87 minutes to get to chapter 7 so I am worried it is going to be on the short side. I also heard that some of the later bosses are a bitch, but we shall see. I am playing on hard....
Old 02-22-12, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,161 Likes on 4,193 Posts

Good to know, thanks. I went to check out the demo and it seems to be delisted now. Guess I'm not playing this any time soon. If it shows up at Redbox, though, I might give it a spin (especially if it's short).
Old 02-22-12, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

5 stars from Giant Bomb. Amazon is offering a $20 credit.
Old 02-23-12, 07:33 AM
gamer for life

On chapter 17 out of 20. Total playtime.... 4 hours 14 minutes. With 4 more chapters I would guess the game is 6 hours long, with about 45 minutes of that story parts where you just walk and listen.

I scratch my head at some reviews that said it took 15 hours to beat. The game is a lot of fun, and if I was not doing the coop I would have felt cheated. Maybe these last few chapters are really long.