Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Greatest Wrestling Game EVER gets better! Fire Pro HD announced!!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Greatest Wrestling Game EVER gets better! Fire Pro HD announced!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-20, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Re: Greatest Wrestling Game EVER gets better! Fire Pro HD announced!!!

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yeah, I can see stores only having one copy available (which of course Gamestop will gut because hey, it's Gamestop). It's a full priced game that looks like it should be 20 bucks at most, with a license that nobody outside of hardcore wrestling fans would even recognize. It also has like one of the worst ways to download CAWs I've ever seen, and the game doesn't come with an instruction booklet and doesn't explain how to do things like, well, breathe during the match.

But it's still amazing.

Seriously though, to download CAWs you have to login to the site with your PSN id (through a built in web browser) that gets you to a page that is mostly in Japanese, then search for stuff. There's some really good stuff in there, but it's much easier to just browse to the webpage on your computer or phone. You then subscribe to a wrestler, then you have to restart the game to download them, then you have to go into editing the organizations because they're otherwise hidden.

I have no idea if this is just rushed design, or if they make it obtuse on purpose to try to shield themselves from the wrath of the WWE.
Originally Posted by fujishig
I personally think if you liked the n64 wrestling games that you'll like his, but they are different games.

It's very simple to learn. You have a light, medium, and strong button, and a button to basically run or throw your opponent into the ropes. When you get near the opponent, if you don't strike them you'll go into a grapple animation, and you have to time your button press... you'll do different moves when you press a button and a direction. So you have to wear your opponent down with the light moves and progress. It's pretty simple, actually, one could say almost simplistic, but the amount of customization is pretty incredible. Pretty much any wrestling move you can think of is in the game.

They just put out a patch this morning that restores 60fps so it plays much better post patch.
I bought this game in the recent Japan Sale on the PSN since I heard so much about this series being the best wrestling game ever and felt that it could be the perfect game to spend my hours while being confined at home. I have never played any of the previous games in the series.
Let me say that this game has me hooked! The control as indicated by fujishig is simple to learn but it takes countless hours to master it. I highly recommend going through the initial 6 Missions (Tutorial) to get used to the controls. I'm loving the fighting and grapple system now that I understand what I have to do. I spent hours in perfecting the timing of the grapple to execute the moves.

The online component is a joke. There's nobody playing this so it's really difficult to find players and they have region locked the servers. I was really lucky to find a match once to get the Online trophy.
However, the CAWs is what sets this game apart. The level of commitment and expertise by the creators is something else. I created another league and included all of my downloaded (subscribed) wrestlers from the WWE/WWF/WCW. There's an Andre The Giant that I downloaded that is an absolute monster like he should be. I have yet to lose with him as pretty much can run through everyone.

As someone indicated before, the best way is to go to https://firepro-w.com/account/sign_in and sign in using your PSN id. Once there, go to Item tab and click item list. Once there, use the filter and go to the most subscribed ones. Now if somebody will explain to me how to set up Fire Promoter, it will be greatly appreciated.