Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 • Coming to PS3

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-09, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 • Coming to PS3

The newest Famitsu reveals that the new NG is on the way to the PS3. It's a port of Ninja Gaiden 2 with added features. Anyone here excited about this news?
Old 03-17-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 • Coming to PS3

Wow,

I just posted that hope this comes out in the PS3 thread 30 seconds ago. Made there will be new characters here as well like in Sigma.

Time to go to the movie forum and post my idea of a a lesbian 3-way between Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, and Hayden Panitiere.
Old 03-17-09, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by XavierMike
Time to go to the movie forum and post my idea of a a lesbian 3-way between Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, and Hayden Panitiere.
Get on that, stat!
Old 03-17-09, 09:54 AM

How in the world can this happen? Microsoft owns the rights to Ninja Gaiden 2. They funded and published it. Ninja Gaiden 2 is as likely to be ported as Gears of War or Halo (which is to say no chance).
Old 03-17-09, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by thunderlips
How in the world can this happen? Microsoft owns the rights to Ninja Gaiden 2. They funded and published it. Ninja Gaiden 2 is as likely to be ported as Gears of War or Halo (which is to say no chance).
Maybe MS has a timed exclusive? Who cares, 360 has had it for over a year...let the PS3 guys play it now (Like Bioshock and Oblivion etc). 1 year is good penalty per game for choosing a PS3
Old 03-17-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by XavierMike
Well two outta three aint bad.
Old 03-17-09, 10:20 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Now applies to Ninja Gaiden 2
Old 03-17-09, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by discostu1337
Maybe MS has a timed exclusive? Who cares, 360 has had it for over a year...let the PS3 guys play it now (Like Bioshock and Oblivion etc). 1 year is good penalty per game for choosing a PS3

Don't get me wrong. It doesn't bother me if Ninja Gaiden 2 is ported. I just wonder how it could be possible. Microsoft owns the game. They funded and published it. Any potential port would have to have Microsoft's approval, and I very seriously doubt they would want it ported to their competitor's console. Bioshock and Oblivion are different since Microsoft did not fund and publish those games.
Old 03-17-09, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BB clearanced it out at $10 a few months ago. Maybe Microsoft, being a business, understands they've reached their profit potential on the 360 alone.

They can now sell it to PS3 users and include the Mission Mode (like Overlord: Raising Hell) DLC for free. If there's any new playable characters, they can flip that over to 360 DLC as well.
Old 03-17-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I never got to finish BioShock on the Xbox, but i'm thinking about getting it for the PS3 (for the trophies, yes) if i can find it under $10-$15. Same goes for NG2.

Reason?
#1 Trophies
#2 Unlike some people, i prefer the DS3 over the hulky Xbox controller (especially for fighting games)...

The only game i truly enjoy playing with the Xbox controller is Rainbow 6. I played that game on both PS3 and Xbox 360. I end up selling the PS3 version and bought the Xbox one (both R6 and R6V2 games are Xbox CEs, awesome).
Old 03-17-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Of course, after I just bought it on 360
Old 03-17-09, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm pleasantly surprised by this. I still need to finish Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but I definitely plan on picking this one up.
Old 03-17-09, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Don't get me wrong. It doesn't bother me if Ninja Gaiden 2 is ported. I just wonder how it could be possible. Microsoft owns the game. They funded and published it. Any potential port would have to have Microsoft's approval, and I very seriously doubt they would want it ported to their competitor's console. Bioshock and Oblivion are different since Microsoft did not fund and publish those games.
I don't see how Microsoft owns the game. Are you sure they funded it too? It was made by Team Ninja and should still be a Tecmo property. I'm sure they just had publishing rights with Microsoft or some sort of time based exclusive. That or maybe since the game director Itagaki is gone, they wanted to milk it with a remake.
Old 03-17-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

They're the publisher. So either Temco is getting a 2nd publisher for the port or Microsoft is helping out.

Perhaps Microsoft, as the original publisher, sacrificed their cut of the initial run in exchange for a timed exclusive. It's still 2.5 months away from a year.
Old 03-17-09, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't see how Microsoft owns the game. Are you sure they funded it too? It was made by Team Ninja and should still be a Tecmo property. I'm sure they just had publishing rights with Microsoft or some sort of time based exclusive. That or maybe since the game director Itagaki is gone, they wanted to milk it with a remake.
You (and discostu1337) are correct: Microsoft never owned the game. Team Ninja, a subsidiary of TECMO Ltd., developed Ninja Gaiden 2; it was published by Microsoft Game Studios. Ownership rights to the property would still be retained by TECMO. Once the time-limited exclusivity arrangement expired between TECMO and Microsoft, TECMO decided to offer an enhanced version of the game to the PS3 base.
Old 03-17-09, 02:30 PM
Mok

So is this the big game coming to the PS3 that TECMO was going to announce, or is there more coming.
Old 03-17-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps with the name change and the added features its not technically the same game.
Old 03-17-09, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Same thing happened with Ninja Gaiden. Was on xbox and then ported to the ps3
Old 03-17-09, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
Same thing happened with Ninja Gaiden. Was on xbox and then ported to the ps3
Yeah, but the first one was Tecmo published. I can see the confusion since 2 was published by Microsoft which is kind of odd.
Old 03-17-09, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm over a year behind on most titles anyway, so I'll be picking this up. It's nice seeing these enhanced ports.
Old 03-18-09, 01:05 PM
Mok

Some translations of the text:
- It will be an upgraded version of Ninja Gaiden 2 (not a direct port)
- Set to release in autumn 2009
- The magazine will be reporting new elements in coming issues
- Producer and director: Yosuke Hayashi (From Sigma)
- Development: Team Ninja

New features in the PS3 version:
- New weapon - spiked hammer "Genma"
- New giant boss battles not in the 360 version
- New playable character - female ninja Ayane
Old 03-18-09, 01:57 PM

well, if it does come out for the ps3, i hope your trophies are as much of a PITA as the achievements are for the 360. you have to play the game at least 11 times to get all the achievements and thats not including the dlc.
Old 03-18-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

True that. The weapon ones are ridiculous, and only 5 points a piece.
Old 09-03-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

So now we have lost the gore, and added boob physics via 6 axis

"Violence is not going to be one of the key selling points of this title... It's not all about how bloody it is." Instead they're going for "a much cooler, cleaner, sleeker look". So you won't see great big spurts of blood, but clouds of purple essence when enemies get dismembered."
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1002071p1.html

July 8, 2009 - PS3 owners hoping for a blood-soaked adventure as they hack and slash their way through Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 may have to reconsider.

Producer Yosuke Hayashi told GamesRadar they decided to cut back on the blood and gore for "conceptual" reasons.

"Each game has its own concept and with Ninja Gaiden II, the focus was on extreme violence. But with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, we really questioned whether violence is a necessity for a game, so we decided to move away from that trend," Hayashi said through a translator.

"So the violence 'approach' is not the way we approached the development of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Being able to unlock higher levels of gore would be out of kilter with the concept of the game."

Players will quickly notice a distinct lack of blood, both on the ground and shooting out of freshly cut limbs.
http://kotaku.com/5352254/ninja-gaid...jiggle-support

The PlayStation 3's motion sensing Sixaxis controller features don't get much attention these days, but Tecmo is about to change that, as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 reportedly uses the technology for boob jiggling. Ever the innovator!

According to reports from IGN and The Sixth Axis, Tecmo will give PS3 owners full control over the overflowing cups of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2's ladies.

Last edited by stingermck; 09-03-09 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-03-09, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So Sony is the SNES and the 360 is the Genesis and it's Mortal Kombat all over again?

I wonder why they're cutting out the gore? Strange move.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.