DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Anyone ever heard of WET (by Bethesda Softworks featuring Eliza Dushku) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/551627-anyone-ever-heard-wet-bethesda-softworks-featuring-eliza-dushku.html)

jdpatri 09-21-09 11:40 AM

Re: Anyone ever heard of WET (by Bethesda Softworks featuring Eliza Dushku)

The lazy controls killed this one for me. Visually it's pretty entertaining, but I just couldn't get into the demo.

Liver&Onions 09-21-09 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by jdpatri (Post 9722352)
The lazy controls killed this one for me. Visually it's pretty entertaining, but I just couldn't get into the demo.

The full game is pretty much just like the demo - finally a great representation of the game.

While it's fun...ish...it's not spectacular. The presentation is good and acts as a barrier covering up some issues. at first, I thought the little intermission snippets were kind of cute...but now they get annoying.

fujishig 09-21-09 06:53 PM

Maybe it's just that I watch the same channels all the time or something, but man they spent a lot of money buying up commercial time for this game...

superfro 09-22-09 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 9722365)
The full game is pretty much just like the demo - finally a great representation of the game.

While it's fun...ish...it's not spectacular. The presentation is good and acts as a barrier covering up some issues. at first, I thought the little intermission snippets were kind of cute...but now they get annoying.

Everything is overused. Same sequences, same spawn rooms (at least thus far)...everything. That being said, I do find myself having some fun with it. Seems like it's going to be super short. Which is fine by me honestly. The soundtrack is amazing!

Raul3 10-11-09 02:38 AM

I finally tried the demo today and really enjoyed it, although I wasn't able to finish the last part. :(

I really liked the soundtrack, the game, with the music, looks like something directed by Quentin Tarantino, at least based on the demo.

But yeah, this should be a short game, and I don't know if get used to the controls after more play time.

glassdragon 10-11-09 07:47 AM

got it basically for 2 bucks during the last lightning deal so we'll see how it is.

Tscott 10-11-09 09:58 AM

I'm about halfway through and enjoying the game. I never made it through the demo, in the arena part I didn't realize I had to get up to those icons over the doors and physically destroy them. But something about the style of the game compelled me to give the full game a try and I'm glad I did.

I see a lot of complaints about the game length and linearity - but this exactly hits the spot of what I'm looking for in a console game. Plus the slow-mo shooting and fact that one weapon auto aims, means that the game is very forgiving to those like me who aren't experts at aiming with a controller while run-n-gunning.

I just did the "Falling for Kafka" level which was an interesting, if somewhat frustrating, change of pace. But as with any other part of this game so far, whenever I get "stuck" I can easily walk away and come back to it later fresh and will usually get past it on my first or second attempt.

But yeah, this should be a short game, and I don't know if get used to the controls after more play time.
I've definitely gotten better as I progress through the game. Plus there's plenty of moves to unlock which help out in combat. There's a few training areas that help you practice getting around acrobatically while shooting at targets, too.