Print Wikipost

The Video Game Deals Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Deftones
Haha if you think you still get bjs after you get married.
Single people...
Old 05-20-14, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The trade-in value actually went up on a few titles overnight. Gran Turismo 6 went from $18.32 on Sunday to $10 yesterday and it is currently worth $12. Of course, I traded my copy in at $10.
Old 05-20-14, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's real world turnips in Animal Crossing at Target this week!
Old 05-20-14, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Turned in 3 games yesterday and 6 more today(2 transactions, one right after the other) for a total of $220. Only game I turned in that I could say I did not really play much of and will just get it down the road later cheaper was GTAV. Got it as a XMAS gift but could not pass up the $49 in trade-in value that I received today for it. Turned out to be a great deal for sure as other than GTAV I had not touched the majority of the games in the last 6 years easily.

As of right now only looking to get Destiny(XO) at launch and figure to use a good portion of the rest for my BF shopping this year. Heck, I may even have a little left over even.
Old 05-20-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Turned in 3 games yesterday and 6 more today(2 transactions, one right after the other) for a total of $220. Only game I turned in that I could say I did not really play much of and will just get it down the road later cheaper was GTAV. Got it as a XMAS gift but could not pass up the $49 in trade-in value that I received today for it. Turned out to be a great deal for sure as other than GTAV I had not touched the majority of the games in the last 6 years easily.

As of right now only looking to get Destiny(XO) at launch and figure to use a good portion of the rest for my BF shopping this year. Heck, I may even have a little left over even.
Glad you had a good experience. Their system was down again the second time I went, so I said heck with it and traded Metal Gear Solid HD into Best Buy for $10 (got the digital version from PSN for cheap recently). I was also going to trade in Mass Effect Trilogy (and get the PS4 version at some point), but said screw it and I'll just play through it on PS3...
Old 05-20-14, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

Heads-Up on a must-get deal on GCU for those who don't already have it [as seen on CAG]

I've been waiting for this deal to come back around. *Best Buy will be running a half-off their Gamers Club Unlocked membership from 5/25 - 5/31. *It's normally $119.99 and will be on sale for $60. *They run this promo every once in a while and it makes the membership worthwhile.
Assuming Best Buy is still around for 2 years, here's what you'll get:
Gamers Club Unlocked Benefits:
Get 20% off new video games for 2 full years
Get 2x base points on new video game software, digital content, and game accessories
Get 2 points for every dollar when you trade-in games
Get points on gaming consoles
Redeem Reward Certificates on nearly everything at Best Buy
10% bonus trade-in credit on your video game software trade-ins
10% off pre-owned games
Buy two, get the third free on pre-owned games via special welcome coupon
Save 50% on a new strategy guide via special welcome coupon
Old 05-21-14, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Heads-Up on a must-get deal on GCU for those who don't already have it [as seen on CAG]
I wish they would bring back the $20 rewardzone cert promo. That was so much better and it was free! Too bad amazon / walmart aren't competing anymore for preorders.
Old 05-21-14, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I wish they would bring back the $20 rewardzone cert promo. That was so much better and it was free! Too bad amazon / walmart aren't competing anymore for preorders.
They still have the $10 promo for the majority of AAA releases and it stacks with the GCU 20% off, so you're actually getting a $22 discount. And for some releases, like Wolfenstein, they still do the $20 promo, so effectively $32 off. Not to mention the 20% off applies to all new games, so if you're on the fence on something, you can wait for a sale and then get it even cheaper. I love the new GCU and would drop $60 to extend it another two years if I was confident Best Buy would still be in business in 2018.
Old 05-21-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Glad you had a good experience. Their system was down again the second time I went, so I said heck with it and traded Metal Gear Solid HD into Best Buy for $10 (got the digital version from PSN for cheap recently). I was also going to trade in Mass Effect Trilogy (and get the PS4 version at some point), but said screw it and I'll just play through it on PS3...
Well, it was "good" overall in that I was able to trade them in. Getting it all done was another story. On Monday is when I went and traded in my first 3 and I'm talking to her and she heard nothing about the fact of possibly only being able to trade 3 in one day. And she is right in that it just states a limit of 3 "per transaction". So i go back to my car to get the other 6 and literally when we were doing the 2nd transaction is when the system had gone down that day. So I get done at work early that night before she was set to leave for the night. I get there and this guy is taking forever to buy a phone and was also flirting with her(mind you he was in his 50's and she was just meh which made it even funnier). Only to find out after wasting 20+ minutes waiting for them that something got rejected and he could not get it. Then all set to trade in my games the system was STILL down on Monday night. So finally on Tuesday i got to do the trade-ins. So not a smooth process but thankfully despite all that was able to get it done. Too bad I did not have more games to trade in at a decent value
Old 05-21-14, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Thanks for the heads up in the GCU deal, Decker.
Old 05-21-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Krayzie
Too bad amazon / walmart aren't competing anymore for preorders.
EXACTLY. I used to eat this up on amazon, get $10 or sometimes even $20 credit, sometimes towards another game or anything, always roll it into something else, buy more stuff on amazon etc. Then it just went away, and now I barely preorder anything and just wait for a sale. Bummer.
Old 05-21-14, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,201 Likes on 4,228 Posts

As seen in CAG :

PS4 500GB Console w/ MLB 14: The Show *Brand New* $399.99 @Rakuten

http://www.rakuten.c...ated&adid=28914

FREE SHIPPING AND 45 DAYS RETURN PERIOD

Great Price if you break it down this way:

Game is worth $60 since it barely released.

No taxes most places

$60 Back

So essentially maybe a $280 PS4 depending how you look at it.

Tax Free except these States: http://support.rakut...x-and-how-much?

California
Connecticut
Illinois
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Missouri
Tennessee
New York
Washington

Get $60 Back in Points Using Promo Code Below: MDAY15

VIs3KIL.jpg
Old 05-21-14, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Be careful with Rakuten. They've had issues with credit card fraud on more than one occasion.
Old 05-21-14, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

The Target deal was pretty damn killer for me. I got $46.35 for InFamous, $48 for ACIV, and 32.10 for Knack.

Knack actually hit a bit of a snag as it didn't have any inserts, which I had to explain to the guy was because PS4 games don't have paper manuals. Knack has instructions on the inside sleeve. After a slight delay I got the full amount.

The guy that helped me actually was pretty cool and said he'd actually sold back some games as well. He actually asked me if I had any more games to sell, which caught me off guard as I thought the limit was 3. I don't really want to sell anything else that has good value, so I don't know if I'll be back this week.

But walking out with $126.45 on a gift card isn't bad at all. Especially when I paid $40 for 2 of those games.
Old 05-22-14, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheKing
The Target deal was pretty damn killer for me. I got $46.35 for InFamous, $48 for ACIV, and 32.10 for Knack.

Knack actually hit a bit of a snag as it didn't have any inserts, which I had to explain to the guy was because PS4 games don't have paper manuals. Knack has instructions on the inside sleeve. After a slight delay I got the full amount.

The guy that helped me actually was pretty cool and said he'd actually sold back some games as well. He actually asked me if I had any more games to sell, which caught me off guard as I thought the limit was 3. I don't really want to sell anything else that has good value, so I don't know if I'll be back this week.

But walking out with $126.45 on a gift card isn't bad at all. Especially when I paid $40 for 2 of those games.
It's just that it is actually 3 games PER TRANSACTION, if you were still on say the trade-in you were doing and he scanned a 4th game it would have rejected it. But once he completes that transaction he can start up a whole new one. Some places of course were making up their own rules saying only 3 games allowed per day. I think someone even here mentioned that over at CAG someone even got turned down perhaps trying to do another transaction at a different store that day.
Old 05-22-14, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Massive Amazon PC Digital Download deals -

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node...-20&ascsubtag=
Old 05-22-14, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Massive Amazon PC Digital Download deals -

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node...-20&ascsubtag=
Can't go wrong with the original Deus Ex for $2.99.
Old 05-22-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Crusader Kings 2 is a must-have at that price as well.
Old 05-25-14, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk God

just picked up GCU from BB and preordered watch dogs.
Old 05-26-14, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I picked up GCU and grabbed Wolfenstein. I did a separate purchase but I still had to have them manually enter the 20% off. Either way a good deal. Thanks to Decker for the heads up.
Old 05-27-14, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Infamous is the deal of the day on Amazon, for $35.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGLLRV2/...d_p=1740370942
Old 05-27-14, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love how Amazon sent me an email about today being a Video Game deal day, and they have Infamous as the daily deal and 3 mediocre flash deals (Ghosts on PC only? Really?). I remember when they offered some really good flash sales on their video game deal days.
Old 05-27-14, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on Ghosts, been meaning to play it and $15 is about all I was willing to pay.
Old 05-27-14, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Infamous is the deal of the day on Amazon, for $35.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGLLRV2/...d_p=1740370942
That's a no-brainer for anyone who hasn't played it. Probably the best deal since the PS4 came out.
Old 05-27-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk God

so all the people who were railing on MS for dropping the price of Titanfall to $39.99 for a bit for the One, can you eat some crow about Infamous being dropped to below that price?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.