Search this Thread

Old 03-29-21, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 126 Likes on 114 Posts
Re: The Video Game Deals Thread

Originally Posted by Decker
IGN didn't like it much
https://youtu.be/mUuUjQblXdc

I recently picked up this other top-down Warhammer game, Chaosbane Slayer Edition, which was a launch PS5 title
(Original version)
https://youtu.be/-du89eagTrY
(PS5 Slayer Edition)
https://youtu.be/nCOAK7Qr-t4

A lot of those reviews even for PC are old and were when the game came out....in fact I had planned to get the game day one but it had bugs and issues. However there's been plenty of patches and re-work since then and it's gained for more favorable reviews especially in the PC side which I took into account. There is a lot to do which I'm Level 12 in the campaign and when I pull up a 'Sector" like a small group of a few planets...it shows 12-18 missions with some at Level 55...and then there's random stuff, Seasonal and weekly stuff.

I actually bought Chaosbane day one...the Extended Edition...and had high hopes after seeing the trailers...but stopped playing after a month. Compared to Diablo and Path of Exile which I both play alot...Chaosbane really lacks what I'll call.....Flash, Pizazz...simply not enough particle and lighting effects...even the Loot is boring and dull when it drops....combat not bad but world and character detaisl a bit lacking yet still good. has a sort of Skill Tree, can't remember crafting and resources but seemed along the lines of rest of the game. Various pieces of Armor and Weapons with various bufffs and stats; can't remember if they had 'Slots" for additional items like Diablo and PoE has though.....I haven't picked up the game in almost a year and they might have updated and tweaked it....I just know what I played was no-where near what the trailers showed...which was sad because I really wanted something else beside re-running Diablo III over and over...got it day one for the XB 360 and have been playing since...
Old 03-29-21, 09:04 AM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 851 Posts

^ they had the 2 pack of Warhammer: Martyr and Chaosbane for $24, so i thought what the hell.
Old 03-29-21, 03:50 PM

Received 2,155 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered is $20 at Target. I always wanted to play this. Tried on the Wii and the graphics just made it fall flat but I'm hopeful the updated graphics make me want to go beyond the first level. Worth it for twenty?
The following users liked this post:
Adam Tyner (03-29-21)
Old 03-29-21, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,168 Likes on 1,668 Posts

Originally Posted by story
Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered is $20 at Target. I always wanted to play this. Tried on the Wii and the graphics just made it fall flat but I'm hopeful the updated graphics make me want to go beyond the first level. Worth it for twenty?
Do you just not like digital games? Because I think it's 9 bucks digital.
Old 03-29-21, 04:05 PM

Wow, I didn't that, thank you! No, it's not that I don't like digital games. It's that thinking that way still isn't my default. It just doesn't occur to me that a game is available like that. I know that's weird, but I'm a very casual player and rarely buy games.
Old 03-29-21, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Wow, I didn't that, thank you! No, it's not that I don't like digital games. It's that thinking that way still isn't my default. It just doesn't occur to me that a game is available like that. I know that's weird, but I'm a very casual player and rarely buy games.
Ah, ok, I just know some people are adamantly against digital games so just checking.

I actually went to just check what the price history was to let you know whether you should wait but it happens to be on sale now. Also the Playstation store sucks, so I always look up price history on something like psprices (seems like this title was even cheaper before, but 8.99 is a fine price I think):

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...ame-remastered
Old 03-29-21, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

As a PC gamer... my entire gaming library is digital. It's not very often PC games get physical releases anymore.

Heck my new PC I built this month I didn't even put a disc drive in it... Most cases aren't made to hold them anymore.
Old 03-31-21, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts

Very nice deals just went up in the PSN store for their Spring Sale including 50% off The Last of Us 2, 25% off Hitman 3, some big discounts on the excellent PS4 & PS5 racing game Dirt 5 and the first-ever discounts on the new Borderlands 3 and Immortals Fenyx Rising expansion passes.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...d=or-st-275232
Old 04-01-21, 04:16 PM

Picked up Friday the 13th in the PlayStation store for $4.95. Fun game, never played a horror game like this before. The atmosphere is nice and creepy, though the graphics on the cinematics that start a round are not great and really take you out of it every time. Surprised by how complex it can get, in terms of gameplay. People still on the servers, though after only two or three rounds I decided it's been a while since I've been called so many anti-LGBT slurs, pretty gross.
Old 04-01-21, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 835 Likes on 392 Posts

Did you miss redeeming it when it was free with PS+?
Old 04-02-21, 06:40 PM
TOTY Winner 2018 and Inane Thread Master

Received 1,019 Likes on 851 Posts

Picked up Friday the 13th in the PlayStation store for $4.95. Fun game, never played a horror game like this before. The atmosphere is nice and creepy, though the graphics on the cinematics that start a round are not great and really take you out of it every time. Surprised by how complex it can get, in terms of gameplay. People still on the servers, though after only two or three rounds I decided it's been a while since I've been called so many anti-LGBT slurs, pretty gross.
so sorry about the latter part of your comment. People who don’t have open minds and hearts are so ignorant.
but with regards to game, it cannot be played solo, correct? I would love it for nostalgia sake and it sounds like an ok game. I would hope Manfredini’s score is used?
Old 04-02-21, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 835 Likes on 392 Posts

It's online only.
Old 04-12-21, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 614 Likes on 450 Posts

Not a videogame deal but I really only post in the videogame section so not sure where else to post. I'm not going to use it.

$10 giftcode for the Criterion store: 35ADPB
Old 04-13-21, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Watchdogs Legion (standard physical edition)
Is $20 on Amazon. Almost bit but I know I'll regret it when the gold edition will be $30 eventually.
Old 04-13-21, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Did you miss redeeming it when it was free with PS+?
I am TERRIBLE at remembering to get my PS+ games. I missed Maneater by a day and there was nothing I could do, that was frustrating.
Old 04-14-21, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

I used to be disk only but I've definitely come around to digital. I've even bought digital versions of stuff I already have on disk. Turns out I don't sell/trade many games, and if I do I make almost nothing on them, so the convenience is worth it for me. (Although I wholehearted believe if "they" wanted to, "they" could create a digital P2P marketplace. But that makes "them" less money than even digital stuff on sale.)
I picked up Watch Dogs Legion Gold for 40 about a month ago on Xbox. I'm maybe 20% of the way through the original Watch Dogs which came with it. Looks like Ultimate is on sale, but Gold isn't at this time.

Last day of the Xbox Spring Sale. Any suggestions? Big titles with more complete editions cheaper, or hidden gems? Only thing I picked up so far is the Dead Island collection.

Last edited by tonyc3742; 04-14-21 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-14-21, 09:21 AM
Political Exile

Received 492 Likes on 325 Posts

I switched over to almost exclusively digital during with PS4 / Xbox One / Wii U generation. But with the recent news of Sony shutting down PS Vita / PS3 stores, and the removal of thousands of digital games from the cloud, it's starting to worry me that the systems will be obsoleted quickly. I have all of my original systems dating back to the NES, stored in storage boxes with dozens of games. I check on them every few years to make sure they work. But systems that rely on accessing the games through a central server and that access is removed, then I'll be left with just the handful of games installed on the system, assuming that they will not require active connection to get licensing to start up.
Old 04-14-21, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PerryD
I switched over to almost exclusively digital during with PS4 / Xbox One / Wii U generation. But with the recent news of Sony shutting down PS Vita / PS3 stores, and the removal of thousands of digital games from the cloud, it's starting to worry me that the systems will be obsoleted quickly. I have all of my original systems dating back to the NES, stored in storage boxes with dozens of games. I check on them every few years to make sure they work. But systems that rely on accessing the games through a central server and that access is removed, then I'll be left with just the handful of games installed on the system, assuming that they will not require active connection to get licensing to start up.
I do not think Sony is removing the Vita/PS3 games from the cloud (for download if you've already purchased them) though that is obviously a possibility moving forward. But if you're worried about stuff like that, there are other things to worry about, like how well will an unpatched game run, what happens when a game can't check in (which you mentioned) and even worse, what happens when your system can't check in anymore (search up PS4 Clock battery).
Old 04-14-21, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

That's a good point and a valid concern. Much smaller in scope, but I've had Rock Band songs be delisted or not transfer to later consoles (which admittedly wasn't promised forever), and I can no longer find or download at least one purchased XBLA game to play anymore.
I think the current system for MS, and maybe Sony as well, is better than it used to be. Like Steam, having the games associated with an account, not a device. But things like online check-in and games that require servers - those things won't be around forever.
I've got my old consoles, with the exception of the Dreamcast which I sold way back when; I even have most of them hooked up to a TV in the guest bedroom. Rock and Roll Racing is still fun But that assumes my hardware will still work, and I have all the cables - for some reason the Sega output is really snowy and I don't know why that is. I did buy a 'backup' PS2 a couple years ago on Craigslist.
Ultimate the more virtual something gets, the less we 'own' it and the more we're dependent on the largesse of the Company to continue our access to it.
Old 04-21-21, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,710 Likes on 4,574 Posts

Old 04-21-21, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is free for all users (not just Plus)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...ZCE00000000000
Old 04-21-21, 10:25 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Damn sweet, thanks for the heads up. Downloading it now.
Old 04-23-21, 08:26 PM

Received 883 Likes on 580 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is free for all users (not just Plus)
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...ZCE00000000000
Fantastic game! I loved almost every minute of it. What didn’t I like? Two words: Fire Claws.
Old 05-20-21, 04:25 PM

Oh, shoot, looks like Borderlands: The Handsome Collection was recently $9.99 on PSN and I missed it. I played and enjoyed Borderlands 2 on PS3 and I'd say $9.99 is the right price point for me to get it for the PS4.

It looks like it comes down to $9.99 on occasion, but how often? Think it'll happen again this year?

Can you play couch co-op and progress the entire story? What happens if you don't all always play at the same time?
Old 05-20-21, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, shoot, looks like Borderlands: The Handsome Collection was recently $9.99 on PSN and I missed it. I played and enjoyed Borderlands 2 on PS3 and I'd say $9.99 is the right price point for me to get it for the PS4.

It looks like it comes down to $9.99 on occasion, but how often? Think it'll happen again this year?

Can you play couch co-op and progress the entire story? What happens if you don't all always play at the same time?
It's been that price twice this year alone, so I'm sure it'll be that price again if nothing else, in November when the big sales happen (but looking at the price chart, probably much sooner):
https://psprices.com/region-us/game/...ome-collection
The following users liked this post:
story (05-20-21)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.