Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - No Russian in this thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-09, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - No Russian in this thread

I fucking LOVE the Estate map! I can defend that house like nobody else.

45 Kills. 4 Assists. 3 Deaths.
Killed the entire enemy team in under 10 seconds. Most knife kills. Only one other person got over 10 kills during the match, and he only got 11.

I will never have a game that good again, so I needed to come on here and post it.
Old 12-28-09, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts

I hate Estate, and Rundown, which I have named Gundown because that's what happens to me.

Afghan is a toss-up. One time I had 6 kills and 14 deaths, another 25 kills and 4 deaths. It all depends on if you get a bunch of pansy snipers that hole up in the bunkers.

Rust is completely awesome. No strategy, just kill, kill, kill.

Highrise is cool. Alot of people do the roof trick though. Just makes them easier to shoot, IMO.

Quarry is another good one, as is Scrapyard. I hate Derailed, too many places to hide for snipers. Underpass sucks, too.

Terminal is also a favorite of mine. Favela is cool, as is Skid Row. The Submarine base is awesome, too.
Old 12-28-09, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by necros
I did see some warping, like a guy would be in my crosshairs and then blink to the side and then back again and then I'm dead But then right after I'd get booted so I figured it was just lag.

My bro-in-law and I saw some guy do that today. We also thought it was lag, too. But he blinked side to side, and got a shotgun blast to the face for his trouble, so....
Old 12-28-09, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I started playing MP on PS3 the other day. It was filled with little kids, and every match had a guy with a pot related name. There was 420, lit something, kush, hash, etc. They all had the "Joint Ops" emblem, too.

Ridiculous.
Try playing Mercenary TDM instead of normal TDM. In my experience, the average player is far more mature in Mercenary.
Old 12-28-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm on a MW2 break until the kids are back in school.
Old 12-28-09, 08:38 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Bus
Ugh, good call. Really noticed it yesterday. And I'm sure they'll be on all hours of the day and night for the next week. Just got Fallout GOTY, so that should occupy my time for a while.
Old 12-28-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thank god I am not the only person who has done this.. I started playing Borderlands to take up my time till kids are back in school....
Old 12-28-09, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not gonna lie, it's fun antagonizing them a bit though

I had a kid yesterday try to kill me 4 or 5 times during Highrise in TDM. Just kept going cubicle to cubicle and getting him with the throwing knife every time. He was yelling and screaming how he's "gonna f me up" etc etc. I just kept laughing at him.
Old 12-28-09, 12:12 PM
Suspended

I'm on MW2 break as well, but mostly because I got brutal legend for xmas. whats wrong with the kids? aren't they easier to kill? I don't worry about the kid chatter, I have voices completely off. sick of hearing people coughing instead of talking all night long...
Old 12-28-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by necros
whats wrong with the kids? aren't they easier to kill?
Yes, now is a great time to increase your k/d ratio with all the new kids getting MW2 for XMAS.
Old 12-28-09, 03:23 PM
Banned

im almost bored with the game now. I beat it on hardened and am at level 41 online. Not sure its worthing veteran or trying to get all the levels in multiplayer.
Old 12-28-09, 03:28 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I find this nowhere near as fun to play online as I do/did COD4:MW
Old 12-28-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been kicking ass this afternoon, to hell with the names.

All the kids calling me names and stuff after I go 28-2 or something on them is marvelously entertaining. Five kills, Predator, Harrier, Pave Low, repeat. I leveled up Hardline to pro today and then it was 4 kills, etc, repeat.

Awesome games.

I pulled three perfect games today, 18-0, 16-0, 15-0. Almost had another perfect game over 20 but at 22 kills I died once. I know if I went ahead and did Chopper Gunner I could get more kills, but I like being able to stay in the game while the Harrier and Pave Low take care of business.
Old 12-28-09, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hardline Pro is awesome.

What are some other good perks everyone is using? Besides Hardline Pro, I use Marathon Pro and Last Stand, with Final Stand.

Oh and back to the pot related names issue, there are alot of people with "Blunt Trauma" as their title now. Idiots. I have nothing against people that choose to smoke pot, but half these idiots probably use the title because they think it's cool.
Old 12-28-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My main perks are Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro, and Ninja Pro.

On the rare occasion I snipe or put a thermal on the M16 I use Steady Aim Pro.

The Stopping Power perk is the most noticeable in the game, I can't do without it. Any weapon, put that on it, you will immediately notice that guys go down faster, like very noticeably. You also start winning those 'ah hah' situations where you both open fire at the same time, due to that perk. That's the one I always use.

When I was leveling up Hardline to Pro I actually had to change my game because the power of the weapon was so different.

I like Sleight of Hand Pro too because you reload so fast and you acquire a sight picture much faster after it goes Pro. So on the Scar, and Tar, I'll sometimes just put FMJ on it and use the sights.(FMJ also increases bullet damage)

But I usually use a sight with a silencer, or a sight with FMJ on Bling Pro.

I always use Final Stand.
Old 12-28-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I use Scavenger, Cold-Blooded, and Ninja, with a silenced SCAR. As you can tell, I like not being seen or heard, if possible. My results have improved a ton since I started using this combo.

Hardline was great when I started out. I might have sucked, but getting a UAV after only two kills provided a bit of benefit to the team. I couldn't go back to Hardline now though. I'd have to give up my Cold-Blooded Pro, and that isn't going to happen. Even if I did give it up, it would be for Stopping Power, not Hardline.
Old 12-28-09, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I play with Marathon Pro, Cold-Blooded Pro, and Ninja Pro with a silenced P90. Or as my friend calls it "that asshole"
Old 12-28-09, 05:33 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Ninja on all 5 classes, Cold Blooded on a couple, Stopping Power on a couple, Bling Pro on 3, Sleight of Hand Pro on 1 (very nice with the M16 and dual Rangers), and then I have a class with Marathon Pro and Lightweight Pro, great for things like Domination (along with dual shotguns...as much as I hated getting killed by them, it's far and away the best secondary weapon I've had).

Pretty much the M16 is the only primary I use now. I've yet to try it with Stopping Power though, think I'll do that instead of Cold Blooded once and see how it goes.
Old 12-28-09, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have been using the M16 with the noob tube alot. Really pisses people off

The dual Rangers thing kind of makes me mad. How can I be on a tower, maybe six player lengths away, and another guy shoots me and kills me with the dual Rangers while on the ground. Do they really have that kind of range, hence the name?
Old 12-28-09, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Anyone else thinking of dumping this game and getting some decent resale on it?

I've been at Level 70 for quite some time, but it just doesn't seem very fun anymore; I imagine if I prestiged now, I'd be lucky to ever put enough time in again to get to even level 50.

Free for all has been destroyed by people teaming up and boosting, and after hearing one of the head developers say he sees nothing wrong with people doing that, I can't say as I care to waste anymore time on a game that looks to be only going further down the crapper.
Old 12-28-09, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I have been using the M16 with the noob tube alot. Really pisses people off

The dual Rangers thing kind of makes me mad. How can I be on a tower, maybe six player lengths away, and another guy shoots me and kills me with the dual Rangers while on the ground. Do they really have that kind of range, hence the name?
I've only had my dual Rangers with FMJ for a few nights but I rarely get kills that are out of "shotgun range" with them. I've lost plenty of straight-up fights getting both shots off when "out of range".

The 1887s are way worse. I only pull out the Rangers when I'm clearing buildings anyway.
Old 12-28-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Anyone else thinking of dumping this game and getting some decent resale on it?

I've been at Level 70 for quite some time, but it just doesn't seem very fun anymore; I imagine if I prestiged now, I'd be lucky to ever put enough time in again to get to even level 50.

Free for all has been destroyed by people teaming up and boosting, and after hearing one of the head developers say he sees nothing wrong with people doing that, I can't say as I care to waste anymore time on a game that looks to be only going further down the crapper.
No.
Old 12-28-09, 10:48 PM
tpc

I finished up the campaign mode today and jumped into the multiplayer finally (I'm the guy who posted about 7 pages back looking for tips on where to start)

I'm impressed. I suck, but I'm impressed, and getting better. the first couple rounds I pretty much just got destroyed, but I've started racking up some kills. I'm dying at like a 3:1 ratio to kills, but I had fun.

I did feel like a couple times I had really cheap deaths. I'd respawn and someone would just rush the respawn point and knife me. KInd of annoying, but I'll figure it out.
Old 12-28-09, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I popped it in today and beat the single player in just over 6 hours. i was hoping for a bit more than that. Albiet I wasn't searching for all the intel (nor did I stumble into many) but still.

I got much more play out of the $15 Las Vega 2.

Plus, I don't think there was any really memorable scenes, like the sniper one in COD4. There wasn't even any shooting from the plane like the first one, which I liked as well.

I was hoping to get some perks in single player, maybe equip my guy or something, along the lines of R6:LV2.
Old 12-29-09, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No memorable scenes

Are you sure it was Modern Warfare 2 you played? I am not even halfway done, and I have seen plenty of memorable scenes.

Back to the MP discussion, I decided to use Stopping Power Pro again with the M16 and red dot sight. Damn, I was raking in the kills.

It seems like the server is going up and down right about now. I got thrown into a losing Capture the Flag match, and then got an error saying I couldn't communicate with the Activision servers.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.