DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official Xbox 360 Thread - The NXE is coming, the NXE is coming... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/543598-official-xbox-360-thread-nxe-coming-nxe-coming.html)

Giantrobo 01-20-09 02:22 PM

Re: Official Xbox 360 Thread - The NXE is coming, the NXE is coming...

Originally Posted by mrpayroll (Post 9211009)
Black wireless controller $32.99 free shipping. Quick!

http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-wir...53&dcaid=17653

Chris

Blacks for sale on this Historic day. -ohbfrank-

Michael Corvin 01-20-09 02:24 PM

rotfl

Sad, but a sales rep brought our company lunch today... multiple sacks of Black tacos from Taco Bell. :rolleyes: However, they were quite tasty.

OldBoy 01-20-09 02:27 PM

thanks guys for the help. so just to reiterate...

1. i can use standard tv for set up using component or composite hook ups.

2. I can connect XBOX 360 to open port on my modem and be connected to internet.

3. don't get 'Dead Rising' because won't be able to read text. are graphics not visible as well? are other games like this i should stay away from?

pinata242 01-20-09 02:31 PM

1. Yes

2. I said it "sounds like". I make no guarantees.

3. You can of course see the game. You just can't read your objectives to know what to do next. I know of no other games that are afflicted in the same way.

Michael Corvin 01-20-09 02:36 PM

Banjo-Kazooie had a similar issue. They mentioned a patch, but I don't recall the latest info on that.

pinata242 01-20-09 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9211481)
Black tacos from Taco Bell

What the hell?! As if you didn't have enough of a reason to avoid that place like the (black) plague.

mrpayroll 01-20-09 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 9211475)
Blacks for sale on this Historic day. -ohbfrank-

Well if you don't like it, you can go to the back.... I mean you can become President! :D

Chris

mrpayroll 01-20-09 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9211481)
rotfl

Sad, but a sales rep brought our company lunch today... multiple sacks of Black tacos from Taco Bell. :rolleyes: However, they were quite tasty.

Soylent Black = people

:eek:

Chris

RubenR 01-20-09 10:54 PM

Not to get off subject....but ever since I switched over to NXE, I can not auto sign in anymore. It used to be on the settings blade......now......who knows......

nickdawgy 01-21-09 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Xbox69 (Post 9208101)
I had a hard time reading the Dead Rising text on my SDTV and I was using the component inputs. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with my set-up. This was a pretty inexpensive Wal-mart (Sanyo) set that I bought 3+ years ago.

I was using component, too. Still am, although I have an HDTV now. Too bad I only have two HDMI slots. The PS3 and DVR are hogging them :( :lol:

For the record, the text on Banjo Kazooie: N&B was fine for me as well.

nickdawgy 01-21-09 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by GatorDeb (Post 9209239)
3m? I have 1.5 and works great.

3m is 3000, he said 384.

xmiyux 01-21-09 05:20 AM

When i was on an older DSL plan i had 1.5 down and about 380k up. I could game on Live fine but i did have some lag and hosting games was right out. I'm now on 3.0 down and about 750k up and the lag has much improved. If i could pay an extra bit a month to get even faster i absolutely would.

Giantrobo 01-21-09 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by RubenR (Post 9212549)
Not to get off subject....but ever since I switched over to NXE, I can not auto sign in anymore. It used to be on the settings blade......now......who knows......

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907708?sd=xbox

Xbox69 01-21-09 06:00 AM

I have my settings to auto sign-in as well although it doesn't always do so. I forget where the option is now on the NXE dashboard but it is there someplace -- I verified that it was still set properly.

shumway 01-21-09 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy (Post 9212710)
I was using component, too. Still am, although I have an HDTV now. Too bad I only have two HDMI slots. The PS3 and DVR are hogging them :( :lol:

For the record, the text on Banjo Kazooie: N&B was fine for me as well.

Do you mean composite cables? Component cables carry hi-def signal and wouldn't have a problem, composite would be the usual yellow for video and red and white for audio versus red, blue, and green for vidoe and red and white for audio.

Liver&Onions 01-21-09 10:53 AM

I just found out where to do it last night too - pissed me off since Nov 18th. (I had it a day early)

Jeremy517 01-21-09 11:09 AM

It took me a bit of searching to find it as well, and then when I got my Jasper, I had to search all over again. The thing that kept me from finding it is that you can't set it to auto sign in unless you are already signed in. I assumed it would just be a list of profiles, where you pick the one that you want to auto sign in, but instead, it is an option in the profile options after you sign in.

It doesn't seem like good place to put that option. They should just have a list of profiles that you can choose from in My Xbox->Settings.

Liver&Onions 01-21-09 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy517 (Post 9213415)
It took me a bit of searching to find it as well, and then when I got my Jasper, I had to search all over again. The thing that kept me from finding it is that you can't set it to auto sign in unless you are already signed in. I assumed it would just be a list of profiles, where you pick the one that you want to auto sign in, but instead, it is an option in the profile options after you sign in.

It doesn't seem like good place to put that option. They should just have a list of profiles that you can choose from in My Xbox->Settings.

That's what my problem was - the Jasper :)

Also - I know I mentioned it earlier - but any games you installed to the HD on a previous console needs to be reinstalled if you put it(the HD) on a new console (ie swapping to Jasper).

Decker 01-21-09 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 9213439)
Also - I know I mentioned it earlier - but any games you installed to the HD on a previous console needs to be reinstalled if you put it(the HD) on a new console (ie swapping to Jasper).

I'm in the process of doing this now. It's a pain in the rear, but I find that using the Marketplace feature online gives you the opportunity to make a big queue and then downloading becomes much easier. Still I wish there was a "Select All" feature on the download historty list instead of having to click one-by-one.

Liver&Onions 01-21-09 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 9213454)
I'm in the process of doing this now. It's a pain in the rear, but I find that using the Marketplace feature online gives you the opportunity to make a big queue and then downloading becomes much easier. Still I wish there was a "Select All" feature on the download historty list instead of having to click one-by-one.

Right, that too. But i was referring to installed games to the HD - like from the disc :)

Decker 01-21-09 12:03 PM

Oh. :blush:

You know, the reason I installed some games onto the HD was to decrease the noise while playing the game (I never noticed much difference in load times). With the Jasper being so much quieter, I no longer feel the need to do that.

fujishig 01-21-09 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 9213533)

You know, the reason I installed some games onto the HD was to decrease the noise while playing the game (I never noticed much difference in load times). With the Jasper being so much quieter, I no longer feel the need to do that.

Haven't opened my Jasper yet, but I thought most of the noise was from the disc drive, which hasn't been replaced... is the Jasper still that much quieter?

Liver&Onions 01-21-09 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 9213556)
Haven't opened my Jasper yet, but I thought most of the noise was from the disc drive, which hasn't been replaced... is the Jasper still that much quieter?

yeah, mine is very quiet compared to my other unit. I really only noticed it was loading from the disc instead of the drive because the launcher said "Launch from Disc" instead of launch from drive.

Michael Corvin 01-21-09 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 9213533)

I'd say it's still worth it just to keep drive usage at a minimum. That is, if you have the space.

Decker 01-21-09 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 9213671)
I'd say it's still worth it just to keep drive usage at a minimum. That is, if you have the space.

I figure I will once I start Fallout. Might do Left 4 Dead as well. I play Rock Band 2 a lot but figured it was unnecessary since so many of my songs are already off the HD.