Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Gears of War 2 Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by edstein
Razor Hail = Kryll
I didn't mind the Kryll, I fucking hate the razor hail.
Old 11-16-08, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Well I finally got to play the Horde mode and it's addicting. Ended up just hooking with a group of random players that played well together so we stayed at for several hours. Best finish was Level 17. It's non-stop for sure. Next is going co-op.

Kenny J - Now BuzzZaw66
Old 11-16-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finished the single player campaign on hardcore last night. I loved it. Much more cinematic than the first game. The story was a better. The final mission was fun but the final boss was a little too easy. Raam from GOW was much harder. I think I'll go through co-op on insane. I've managed to get up to level 20 on Horde. That is a great new game type.

Anyone want a code for the Gold Hammerburst?

Last edited by edstein; 11-16-08 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-16-08, 11:17 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I

Anyone want a code for the Gold Hammerburst?
Yeah!
Old 11-16-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Yeah!
PM sent.
Old 11-16-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Screw digestive teeth. This kind of crap doesn't belong in a shooter.
Old 11-16-08, 03:02 PM
gamer for life

PM sent.
Thanks!
Old 11-16-08, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
Screw digestive teeth. This kind of crap doesn't belong in a shooter.
yeah, that part was somewhat stupid. that level was cool, though as you get "deeper" into the worm. man, that sounded dirty.
Old 11-16-08, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Deftones
yeah, that part was somewhat stupid. that level was cool, though as you get "deeper" into the worm. man, that sounded dirty.
I finally beat it and the end part was pretty awesome and gory. The teeth, acid sprayers, and intestine though were all beyond stupid.
Old 11-16-08, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by K&AJones
Well I finally got to play the Horde mode and it's addicting. Ended up just hooking with a group of random players that played well together so we stayed at for several hours. Best finish was Level 17. It's non-stop for sure. Next is going co-op.

Kenny J - Now BuzzZaw66
Agreed. Horde is the most fun I've had with an online FPS. Team work is almost nonexistent in today's online shooters but the Horde mode really encourages it. My friends list has doubled in just a few sessions.

My gamertag is shaggy1616
Old 11-16-08, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had a lot of fun last night in Horde. I found some random people and we got to Level 37. I really thought we would get to 50.

I got the code for the golden lancer and I thought I'd have it everytime from the beginning when playing online. I've found it in games, and then I can use it. Is that the way is suppose to work? I've only played horde and not other MP modes.
Old 11-16-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Raul3
I had a lot of fun last night in Horde. I found some random people and we got to Level 37. I really thought we would get to 50.

I got the code for the golden lancer and I thought I'd have it everytime from the beginning when playing online. I've found it in games, and then I can use it. Is that the way is suppose to work? I've only played horde and not other MP modes.
When you go into your options you can choose your standard character model as well as choose with what weapon you want to start. If you entered the golden lancer code you will have the choice of a lancer or a golden lancer.

edit: And if anyone ever has an extra code i will happily take it.
Old 11-16-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't see that option. I only see normal lancer and the one used by the locust. I'll check my downloads to verify that everything downloaded ok.
Old 11-16-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When you go into your options you can choose your standard character model as well as choose with what weapon you want to start. If you entered the golden lancer code you will have the choice of a lancer or a golden lancer.

edit: And if anyone ever has an extra code i will happily take it.
While it's not the lancer code, the golden hammerburst codes are easy to get and are free. Just go to Wal-mart. They have cards on the check-out counter.
Old 11-16-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While it's not the lancer code, the golden hammerburst codes are easy to get and are free. Just go to Wal-mart. They have cards on the check-out counter.
Hrm, perhaps i will poke my head in there sometime. I normally do my absolute best to never go to Wal-Mart.

Granted the golden gun doesn't do anything and i actually think they look a little funny in the game but i'm just OCD enough it bugs me a little to not have them.
Old 11-16-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hrm, perhaps i will poke my head in there sometime. I normally do my absolute best to never go to Wal-Mart.

Granted the golden gun doesn't do anything and i actually think they look a little funny in the game but i'm just OCD enough it bugs me a little to not have them.
If you do grab a few for us. I'd love to get one if you do.
Old 11-16-08, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally beat it and the end part was pretty awesome and gory. The teeth, acid sprayers, and intestine though were all beyond stupid.
It was kinda dumb, but it's not as though it was a super long part - and in general it advanced the story in a colorful and "different" manner.

And best of all - it wasn't pitch black with only a freaking flashlight to guide you by - ie. Doom 3 and some of those other "recent" FPS games -- I like the condemned series, but they're so damn dark...
Old 11-16-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,821 Likes on 1,133 Posts
Ok, I finally picked this up and so far it's pretty decent. I got in a couple Horde matches and I really liked it too.
Old 11-16-08, 11:02 PM
gamer for life

The worm belongs in this shooter. If anything it is a nice change to have a different environment other then an office building or a cave. Variety is the spice of life. Now if you felt that the worm was done bad that is another thing, but for me that was when the game started getting good. Up until that part it was a bit underwhelming.
Old 11-16-08, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Count me as one who loved the worm. However I'm stuck at the Reaver part and hating it.
Old 11-17-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

are you playing in hardcore?
I played in Normal and at first I sucked with the Reaver, but then I tried to time my shootings and it worked fine.

I re-downloaded the golden lancer and now I'm able to see it in MP games. I know it's dumb but I just love how it looks.
Old 11-17-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Count me as one who loved the worm. However I'm stuck at the Reaver part and hating it.
Which part?

Spoiler:
Where you ride the reaver shooting other reavers or the part where you are shooting at Scourge and his reaver in the tunnel? I had a lot of trouble in the tunnel. Seemed like dumb luck shooting down those missles, you only need to shoot the middle one.
Old 11-17-08, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I re-downloaded the golden lancer and now I'm able to see it in MP games. I know it's dumb but I just love how it looks.
Yeah it looks pretty retarded. I wish it was this one:

Spoiler:

Which part?

Spoiler:
Where you ride the reaver shooting other reavers or the part where you are shooting at Scourge and his reaver in the tunnel? I had a lot of trouble in the tunnel. Seemed like dumb luck shooting down those missles, you only need to shoot the middle one.
The tunnel. The missles are killing me, even though I'm only trying to hit the middle one. Oh, and I'm on Hardcore.
Old 11-17-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Yeah it looks pretty retarded. I wish it was this one:

Spoiler:

The tunnel. The missles are killing me, even though I'm only trying to hit the middle one. Oh, and I'm on Hardcore.
I must have restarted this level 20 times. You can pretty much take all of the missle hits from the first 2 waves. Its the third wave that is critical. It was pure luck taking out a couple of those missles to have just enough health left to take out the turret.
Old 11-17-08, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,821 Likes on 1,133 Posts

I saw a guy with one in a "horde" match last night.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.