Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

COD: World At War (MP Beta)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-08, 11:23 PM

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts
COD: World At War (MP Beta)

Who's playing the COD:WAW Beta? Just got my code and downloading it now on the 360.

Here's how I got the code, in case anyone's interested. Went to CallOfDuty.com and created an account. Completed the two available missions (fill out your account profile and an easy multi-choice quiz). The next day I got a code in my emailbox. Don't know if that'll work for anyone else.
Old 10-15-08, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gave it a shot. Hopefully I'll get a code I really want to see what Treyarch did with this.
Old 10-15-08, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can also get one by pre-ordering with Gamestop. I ordered on Sunday and got a code Monday night.
Old 10-15-08, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Meh. Feels like a WWII mod of COD4. The dogs are just downright annoying, I killed more of them than I did people last night. The rifles are severely underpowered, I shot a guy 4-5 times with a rifle and didn't drop him. Oh, and Keifer Sutherland yelling the whole time... ugh.
Old 10-15-08, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree with LordWOW, its feels like a mod for COD4. And I hate the freaking Dogs, its just annoying. I also thought weapons seemed Underpowered, although I do love the BAR

It feels fresh since its new, and new maps, but it doesnt seem as fun as COD4 to me, i loved the Modern feel to COD4
Old 10-15-08, 07:33 AM

I agree with the mod feeling. But that's not really a bad thing. COD4 was one of the best games last year. So we're basically getting another go-round with a new single player campaign, new maps and new perks.

Hopefully the dogs will be toned down and the guns will be tweaked in the release version.

Having played Battlefield: Bad Company, I miss the destructible environment. Those artillery strikes are pretty vicious. It's ridiculous that you can avoid damage by ducking in a bamboo shack. And I love taking out sniper by leveling the building.
Old 10-15-08, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I assume that Treyarch and Infinity Ward share assets if it looks & feels like a mod?

I'll be steering very clear of this one. It's pretty plain to me that the Star Trek movie rule applies to COD: only the even ones are good.
Old 10-15-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well it's run on the COD4 engine, so it's going to play similarly. The new Bond game also runs on the COD4 Engine.
Old 10-15-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No email yet so I guess I'll start the begging line for an extra code.
Old 10-15-08, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received a code today and all I did was create an account at callofduty.com the other day (Friday I think). Actually, I already had an account at charlieoscardelta.com and they converted it over. All I did is log in and update my profile.

I was going to pre-order this before I played the beta, but I think I'm going to pass. I'll just play CoD4 if I get the urge. I'll try to rent this to play the single player game.
Old 10-17-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
I just saw the movie of the MP mode over at Teamxbox. Please tell me it's not that "dark" throughout the game? What I saw in the movie is basically half greens & browns and the other half blacks and extra darks. The overall look of COD4 is far better IMHO.

Kenny J - B4EvrYng - Back to Buzz something or another later on.
Old 10-18-08, 12:01 AM

The latest patch has been rolled out on the 360. Level cap is now at 24 and there's some new playlists.

We have an update coming to the BETA that will introduce the following:

- Raise the level cap to 24 (new weapons, perks, and challenges)
- Introduce some Hardcore playlists
- Add a Search & Destroy playlist

As I mentioned in an earlier sticky, we have collected your feedback and are aware of some anomalies with the BETA. That feedback has been invaluable, and keep it coming. You may not see all the bug fixes tomorrow, but let it be known we're working tirelessly to make sure all the problems are fixed for release.

http://www.callofduty.com/board/view...p?f=47&t=29975
Old 10-18-08, 10:46 AM

Im still getting it day one for sure!!!!
Old 10-20-08, 02:21 PM

I pre-ordered from GameStop (last friday I think) but have not yet gotten my code
Jamie
Old 10-21-08, 11:38 AM

I got my code and played fro a few hours last night.

My first impression is that it seems very hectic comapred to COD4. Possibly just a matter of not being used to it, but there seemed to be an awful lot more run and gun.

The train yard map (Roundhouse) is HUGE, with so many obstacles making it hard to find people at times. The tank is a cool idea but the main tank gun doesn't seem to be so effective. I had someone in my sights and shot twice at them with zero damage because they were behind a glass window. WTF?

Makin reminds me of the fishing village from GRAW2, with the ability to be in the water, etc. It can be VERY hard to see people with the dark lighting and obstacles.

Castle has a bunch of different nooks and levels and is a pretty cool level.

I do have to say that the sound is pretty poor in the game. Running in the sand on Makin sounds TERRIBLE; it is sort of this clicking. I had to stop a few times to see what was making that noise only to realize it was me. The artillery strikes makes noise liek a screaming banshee. It is kind of weird as it sounds like a woman. I wish I could mute Keifer. Hopefully they change these up a bit for the release.

Personally I thought the dogs are pretty cool. It makes it pretty tough to play normally when you keep looking to see if that dog is coming after you. It does make it difficult to play the game with my two dogs in the room. All the in-game barking kind of got them riled up.

Overall, the game feels a bit more "cartoony" than COD4. Beyond that it is fun and pretty simlar. I do miss my M16 with Red Dot sight
Old 10-21-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sucks, I wish they would stop with the old school war games, we have enough of those already. Modern weapons are so much better, count me as another one that is spoiled by destructible environments.
Old 10-21-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

credit to iceui2 at fatwallet.com:

Get your beta code here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/codwaw/

You have to register or sign-in, but it does give you a code (or at least it did...)

I am downloading the beta from XBL right now.
Old 10-23-08, 10:27 AM

I just got a second email from Gamestop with another beta code (different than the one from Monday that I used). Did anyone else get this? Assuming my current Beta is still active, can I just give this to a friend?

Jamie
Old 10-23-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would very much like a code if anyone has one to give. I have been kinda busy of late and every time I see one on FW or SD it tends to be gone by the time I get around to it.
Old 10-23-08, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
Sucks, I wish they would stop with the old school war games, we have enough of those already. Modern weapons are so much better, count me as another one that is spoiled by destructible environments.
Destructible environments are still in this game. Supposedly, you can light the environments on fire via flamethrower and can shoot holes in thin wooden walls to create a gap big enough to climb through.
Old 10-23-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone know where to pick up a code? COD is my 360 life.
Old 10-24-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As of 3 minutes ago, this was still giving out codes.
http://www.xbox.com/en-au/pm/codbeta
Old 10-24-08, 08:37 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just got an email from CallofDuty.com telling me how to get my d/l token - and to be sure to redeem it by October 19th.
Old 10-24-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got that too 5 days after I red ringed . way to jam it in deep
Old 10-24-08, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone has a spare key, I'd appreciate it. I tried the sign up above, but they are out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.