Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
These guys beg to differ:
Which reminds me, I forgot how funny the Master Exploder bit from their movie actually was. (Video spoilered for space)

Spoiler:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/80DtQD5BQ_A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/80DtQD5BQ_A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-10-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure there will be other surprise albums by year's end.
Old 10-10-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
I'm sure there will be other surprise albums by year's end.
I think it's anagram time, Shag.
Old 10-10-08, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's hoping next week winds up being stuff like Anaal Nathrakh - When Humanity Is Cancer (watch?v=7cfskAGScbA) and Last Days of Humanity - A Divine Proclamation for Finishing the Present Existence (watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs). You know, excellent and difficult songs. Don't whine about not being able to beat them. If you stop sucking, there's no problem! "Oh waah I can't beat a boss in this game this sucks I want an option to disable him plus I wanna buy themes and gamerpics and maybe cheats"

If you wanna sit down playing, you're probably one of those college douchebags playing acoustic guitar trying to lure chicks into your John "Oscar" Mayer "Weiner" web of sensitivity.
Old 10-10-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hello to you too, Kijdhefgi!
Old 10-10-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Damn, I have never listened to Slice of Your Pie before now and I may have to get it just for the obvious Beatles sample (She's So Heavy).
Old 10-10-08, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Linked for Kij.

Anaal Nathrakh - When Humanity Is Cancer

Last Days of Humanity - A Divine Proclamation for Finishing the Present Existence
Old 10-10-08, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Take it to The Ultimate Setlist.
Old 10-10-08, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
I'm in for 4 of the 5 hit singles. i just don't see Without You getting any action in a party setting.
Old 10-10-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

meh, I hate these full album weeks. There are few, if any, full albums I can listen to from beginning to end without skipping songs. Then, why would I ever wanna play 10-15 songs in a row by the same artist? That's boring. Gimme 3-packs and 5-packs of greatest hits please!

Oh well, I'm guessing they will announce the 20 free songs this weekend still, then release them right before Guitar Hero on the 26th....

Last edited by discostu1337; 10-10-08 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-10-08, 12:38 PM
Banned

While they're very talented, acoustic guitar and shred do not belong in the same sentence, in my eyes.

And yet, somehow, fake plastic toy guitar and shred do belong?
Old 10-10-08, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a feeling if the 20 free ones are announced this month, it'll be next Friday during that week's DLC announcement.

I love full albums! I've picked up all of them so far, with the exception of The Pixies. I love how RB2 allows you to play the album in "album order" as one continuous setlist! I'm a huge music fan, and love listening to albums from "cover to cover". My wife is the one who only likes one or two songs from an album, or even an artist.
Old 10-10-08, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by pinata242
Think I'll get 3-5 of them, need to relisten.

Dr. Feelgood
Kickstart
Without You Not sure anymore - would only be for singers at parties.
Sticky Sweet I was thinking of Pour Some Sugar On Me. Pass on this one.
Don't Go Away Mad
Listened to the album. Down to 3 or 4.
Old 10-10-08, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
And yet, somehow, fake plastic toy guitar and shred do belong?
It's all in the "making you feel like a rock star" type of thing. I don't play any real instruments because I don't want to invest the time and money into learning. There's no way I'd be able to pick up a real guitar and just start jamming out some All That Remains tracks right off the bat. But I can buy them for Rock Band and jump right in and "feel" like I'm playing the song. Hell, I'd get in the "metal stance" and start headbanging just listening to some of the tracks out there.
Old 10-10-08, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I have a feeling if the 20 free ones are announced this month, it'll be next Friday during that week's DLC announcement.

I love full albums! I've picked up all of them so far, with the exception of The Pixies. I love how RB2 allows you to play the album in "album order" as one continuous setlist! I'm a huge music fan, and love listening to albums from "cover to cover". My wife is the one who only likes one or two songs from an album, or even an artist.
Another huge album fan here, though the ones released so far aren't really what I want out of a listening experience. I do wish, at least in the case of albums, they'd work on eliminating the gap between songs by pre-loading the next one in the set. Fuck breaks for anybody.

Technically speaking, I realize there would have to be a slight hiccup in there just to reset the scrolling speeds as their engine seems pretty restrictive on what it can do once initialized.
Old 10-10-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Modest Mouse is one track off the disc I was surprised I liked.

I finally played the Sickness by Disturbed the other night. I'm really surprised they went with the album cut over the radio edit. Here's the uncut last verse:

(And when I dream) [x4]
No mommy, don't do it again
Don't do it again
I'll be a good boy
I'll be a good boy, I promise
No mommy don't hit me
Why did you have to hit me like that, mommy?
Don't do it, you're hurting me
Why did you have to be such a bitch
Why don't you,
Why don't you just fuck off and die
Why can't you just fuck off and die

Why can't you just leave here and die
Never stick your hand in my face again bitch
FUCK YOU
I don't need this shit
You stupid sadistic abusive fucking whore
How would you like to see how it feels mommy
Here it comes, get ready to die
WOW...seriously? I haven't played that yet and was wondering how they'd handle it...I'm impressed.
Old 10-10-08, 01:01 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think I'm only going to get the title track for Dr. Feelgood. They really need to do a hair metal pack: Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and Once Bitten Twice Shy.
Old 10-10-08, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I think I'm only going to get the title track for Dr. Feelgood. They really need to do a hair metal pack: Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Pour Some Sugar on Me, and Once Bitten Twice Shy.
You can't just stop there though. Where's Skid Row's I remember you?
Originally Posted by abrg923
WOW...seriously? I haven't played that yet and was wondering how they'd handle it...I'm impressed.
I think you misunderstood. The words are "blanked" out, which is why I'm surprised they bothered with the album cut at all over the radio edit which would have fit more in line with Rock Band and they would have had minimal "blankage."

Originally Posted by Kijdhefgi
If you wanna sit down playing, you're probably one of those college douchebags playing acoustic guitar trying to lure chicks into your John "Oscar" Mayer "Weiner" web of sensitivity.
Wow. Way to make an entrance. Glad to see you pick an easy to remember and type user name as well.
Old 10-10-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kijdhefgi
Here's hoping next week winds up being stuff like Anaal Nathrakh - When Humanity Is Cancer (watch?v=7cfskAGScbA) and Last Days of Humanity - A Divine Proclamation for Finishing the Present Existence (watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs). You know, excellent and difficult songs. Don't whine about not being able to beat them. If you stop sucking, there's no problem! "Oh waah I can't beat a boss in this game this sucks I want an option to disable him plus I wanna buy themes and gamerpics and maybe cheats"

Hey - welcome to the site. Just so you know, this is a very different type of internet forum. Here people treat one another with respect, so coming and saying the people who sit down are college douchebags isn't going to make you many friends on the site and possibly end you up not on the site altogether.

Unlike most forums where games are talked about - we have a very high percentage of adult gamers here and we enjoy conversations, not being ragged on by any member - new or old.
Old 10-10-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think you misunderstood. The words are "blanked" out, which is why I'm surprised they bothered with the album cut at all over the radio edit which would have fit more in line with Rock Band and they would have had minimal "blankage."
For some reason that seems like it'd be funny to sing, especially with parts being blanked.
Old 10-10-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
For some reason that seems like it'd be funny to sing, especially with parts being blanked.
Well, that part (vocally) is covered up by a tambourine section. So you can't even sing it (at least through the mic), even if you wanted to.
Old 10-10-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Originally Posted by ghym
i'm in for the whole album.
+1

btw, I'm up to grab some co-op achievements as I find it hard to do playing solo. More than willing to sing and play bass on songs that are pretty mainstream (cuz I'll most likely know the words.)

Last edited by devilshalo; 10-10-08 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-10-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ya, I'm only getting Kickstart.
Old 10-10-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Well, that part (vocally) is covered up by a tambourine section. So you can't even sing it (at least through the mic), even if you wanted to.
Really? That's fucked up. I was on guitar and he was singing that part with the aforementioned parts blanked out. So you have your character singing that part but the mic is turned into a tambourine? Weak.
Old 10-10-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by shagrath
I've picked up all of them so far, with the exception of the pixies. I'm a huge music fan
does not compute

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.