Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by discostu1337
Wow, I hope its a retail disc so I can buy it and return it
Or if we sell it at Gamestop (which I have not seen his in our system), check it out and rip it top the HDD
It's a Wal-Mart exclusive. You will see it at Gamestop, but not likely with any valid code to export the tracks
Old 09-30-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am uber anti-live and I hate this movement, especially in AC/DC's case with two totally distinguishable singers. Donington is as close to Leeds as there is, but still very bummed.

I will buy it day 1 and worse case scenario sell it to a craigslister that doesn't have an internet connection or doesn't care.

Though we are up on the exporting, I think there is a large segment that is kind of clueless about it all.
Old 09-30-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
They must be putting them up for DLC also. This must be some sort of Walmart-only package with the DVD or t-shirt or something. There's no way they would ONLY sell the AC/DC tracks at Walmart in a stand-alone game disc.
Old 09-30-08, 09:49 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Buy it, export the songs and trade it in. You'll be well under the $40 cost.
Good call. But if it is a code that comes with the game for the export, as pinata asked, what will the disc be worth? I guess if it was only worth $10 or so it'd still be a decent deal for 17.5 songs (I'm only counting the new Let There Be Rock as 1/2).
Old 09-30-08, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redbill
They must be putting them up for DLC also. This must be some sort of Walmart-only package with the DVD or t-shirt or something. There's no way they would ONLY sell the AC/DC tracks at Walmart in a stand-alone game disc.
This is almost certainly because of AC/DC's feelings about digital music and such, as well as their deal with Wal-Mart for the new album. I don't think we should expect to see at as DLC, at least for a while.
Old 09-30-08, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
This is almost certainly because of AC/DC's feelings about digital music and such, as well as their deal with Wal-Mart for the new album. I don't think we should expect to see at as DLC, at least for a while.
that would suck big balls.
Old 09-30-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
Am I being unreasonable when I say that I can't stand unreasonable people? Your music is already available via digital means, the least you could do is embrace the legal/valid channels to a) make it easier for your fans to find your stuff, b) make it legal for your fans to find your stuff, and c) to make money off your fans finding your stuff.

I just don't get it. If you need your picture on the shelf to make the deal - fine. But don't let that be your only way. Because if there is a code and the disc is useless after that for people like us, you're already severely cutting into your potential sales.
Old 09-30-08, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Wow, I hope its a retail disc so I can buy it and return it
Or if we sell it at Gamestop (which I have not seen his in our system), check it out and rip it top the HDD
It is a retail disc* and it is a Wal-Mart exclusive. You won't see it at GS unless they take 'em for trade. Like pinata said, 99% of them will probably be sans code.

It's a Wal-Mart promotion. Putting them up for DLC kinda defeats the purpose of getting people to come into the store.

Originally Posted by aktick
Good call. But if it is a code that comes with the game for the export, as pinata asked, what will the disc be worth? I guess if it was only worth $10 or so it'd still be a decent deal for 17.5 songs (I'm only counting the new Let There Be Rock as 1/2).
I dunno. People ate up Aerosmith and that was $60 bones. Buy AC/DC for $40 and selling it for $25-$30 on ebay/craigslist sounds reasonable. That would put your cost for the 18 songs at about $15-$20.

Originally Posted by thelwig14
sell it to a craigslister that doesn't have an internet connection
Anyone else see the inherent problem with this statement?

*Go Beyond the Disc! - The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions ship with a code on the back of the game manual that lets you import all of the songs into the Rock Band or Rock Band 2 game environment (Internet connection required).
Old 09-30-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pinata242
Am I being unreasonable when I say that I can't stand unreasonable people? Your music is already available via digital means, the least you could do is embrace the legal/valid channels to a) make it easier for your fans to find your stuff, b) make it legal for your fans to find your stuff, and c) to make money off your fans finding your stuff.
I don't think it's unreasonable to think they're in the dark ages at all. Their whole "we don't make songs, we make albums" stance has been the stumbling block to iTunes, and I'm guessing RB as well. So instead, their stuff is on every iPod out there, and they haven't made a cent.
Old 09-30-08, 10:31 AM
Suspended

I dunno. People ate up Aerosmith and that was $60 bones. Buy AC/DC for $40 and selling it for $25-$30 on ebay/craigslist sounds reasonable. That would put your cost for the 18 songs at about $15-$20.
Agreed, if I can get out at about $30 after trading or selling the disc, I'll be happy.
Old 09-30-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

On the 360, will this game be required to have 1000 achievement points? If I were to pop this in, the only reason would be to rip and run right over to a used shop for maximum resale $$$. I don't want to (feel obligated because I'm a completion whore to) have to play this stand-alone.

I'd have to find a way to do it on my console disassociated from my profile - because I suck and I'm lame as fuck.
Old 09-30-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hopefully the code in the disc will be for a downloadable license from the PSN store. that way it can be redownloaded, and I can go in on it with a friend (or 4).
Old 09-30-08, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So wait, is this a standalone game, and then as a bonus you can download the songs into either Rock Band 1 or 2?
Old 09-30-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by thelwig14
sell it to a craigslister that doesn't have an internet connection
Anyone else see the inherent problem with this statement?

It does sound funny at first, but I'm sure lots of people have an Internet connection at their PC but have no interest in running Ethernet cable or buying a wireless adapter in order to go online with their console.
Old 09-30-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
deja vu....
Old 09-30-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
deja vu....
Hey you, quit it with the inside baseball. Nobody here is going to understand what you're talking about.
Old 09-30-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Inside baseball What?
Old 09-30-08, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

we need some RHCP videos so I can listen to the songs and see what to buy. Those youtube links with lyrics have no audio
Old 09-30-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

we need some RHCP videos so I can listen to the songs and see what to buy. Those youtube links with lyrics have no audio
They do (did) for me. That's how I listened to the whole album on Saturday.
Old 09-30-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Well at least now we have an answer on Sir Psycho Sexy. Pretty much the whole verse with the cop is missing, save a line or two. I guess I figured it would just have an omitted word here or there - enough to obfuscate the not-so-subtle subtext. I'll probably still end up getting the whole album, though.
Old 09-30-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
They do (did) for me. That's how I listened to the whole album on Saturday.
They play fine, just no audio for me. I tried last week and again today. All the other videos are fine (offspring etc)

I remember only liking Under the Bridge anyways
Old 09-30-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

http://www.rockbandcontent.com/rbc/db/songs.php

this should be every RB players homepage
Old 09-30-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The inability to sort/search by artist is inexcusable.
Old 09-30-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have no problem excusing them for that, for all they provide. A little CTRL-F never hurt anyone...
Old 09-30-08, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
The inability to sort/search by artist is inexcusable.
And I like my email to be my homepage.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.