Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band (Platform): Official Thread of Can't Stop Playing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
I paid my $5 to export my RB1 disc, then when I went to do it on my other 360 it wouldn't take my money again, it just said 'download again'. Apparently you can export several times on your $5.
Yeah, I know, but that's not exactly what I was asking.

What I mean is this...

1) Gamertag xXURMOM1337Xx exports the songs on 360 #1 (S/N: ABC001).
2) You check the songs on the HDD to see if they are associated with xXURMOM1337Xx or not.
3) If not, you move the songs (as I am assuming "copy" won't work) to a Memory Unit.
4) You plug Memory Unit into 360 #2 (SN: XYZ999) and move the songs onto its HDD.
5) Rock Band 2 is played on 360 #2 without xXURMOM1337Xx's profile - are the songs playable?
6) If so, WHOA!
7) xXURMOM1337Xx re-exports the songs back onto 360 #1 and now 2 copies exist.

See what I'm saying? I forgot to check last night...
Old 10-09-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know if the individually exported songs are DRM'd to a particular gamertag or not. I would imagine that they are.
Old 10-09-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The picture taker is pretty cool. It's so slow and it won't let me do the merch link, but still cool none-the-less. Here's my guitarist, Mickey Knox:

Old 10-09-08, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Did you also buy Bullets & Guns? It is another song in that MTV based alterna genre that i am sadly finding myself enjoying in game. I don't think i would necessarily listen to it in my car but it has been really fun to sing.

That and the Boston pack. I have been doing a Boston song every time i boot the game up recently.
that looks like a fun song! I wonder if it is still on sale for 80 points??
Old 10-09-08, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by vwbeetlvr
that looks like a fun song! I wonder if it is still on sale for 80 points??
Not sure, i just bought the MTV pack when it hit.

It is a fun song to sing. It also kind of made me want to hear other stuff by the band to see if it was as catchy and fun.
Old 10-09-08, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is still 80 points. Bought it a few days ago.
Old 10-09-08, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by thelwig14
It is still 80 points. Bought it a few days ago.
Sounds good! Time to stock up on more points.......
Old 10-09-08, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by vwbeetlvr
Sounds good! Time to stock up on more points.......
Definitely worth it...but I love all that MTV2 type stuff as long as it doesn't have a girl singer. The Myriad song is also awesome.
Old 10-09-08, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts
Fuck this game. I'm pissed.

I just spent over 30 minutes on some shitty section at the end of the Boston tour called Independent Harmonix 9 song marathon. I play all the songs on Hard on guitar and then on the last song they throw this cheap ass shot at me called Visions by Abnormality that makes me have to abandon the fucking gig. If they wanted to put that piece of shit "song" (if you can call it a song...more like noise) in a set, put it at the fucking beginning. Don't waste my motherfucking time putting a turd in the punchbowl after I am finished drinking almost all my punch (shitty punch at that...every song sucked in the bunch but were at least playable. Is it just me or are all the "extra" songs a lot weaker this go around).

Fuck them. Assholes.
Old 10-09-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd

I just spent over 30 minutes on some shitty section at the end of the Boston tour called Independent Harmonix 9 song marathon. I play all the songs on Hard on guitar and then on the last song they throw this cheap ass shot at me called Visions by Abnormality that makes me have to abandon the fucking gig. If they wanted to put that piece of shit "song" (if you can call it a song...more like noise) in a set, put it at the fucking beginning. Don't waste my motherfucking time putting a turd in the punchbowl after I am finished drinking almost all my punch (shitty punch at that...every song sucked in the bunch but were at least playable. Is it just me or are all the "extra" songs a lot weaker this go around).

Fuck them. Assholes.
Yeah, I hate that song. It was kicking my ass on expert guitar and bass, in the Impossible Marathon 2 challenge, so I switched over to vocals. It's all talkie, so it was really easy to beat. I haven't played any sets in BWT that had that song in it. I've avoided them so far. I usually play on expert, so if it ever shows up in a randon setlist, I'm screwed. It's a piece of shit.
Old 10-09-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fuck them. Assholes.

I usually play on expert most of the time but can't pass it on hard. Only songs I have never been able to pass on Hard.

I have just avoided that marathon or any setlist that has it. Of course it could also come up in the mystery setlists.
Old 10-09-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't stand Visions either, and I could take or leave Shoulder to the Plow, but I think all of the other bonus songs are really great. I love Supreme Girl, Conventional Lover, Get Clean, Rob the Prez-o-dent, Welcome to the Neighborhood, and Night Lies. A Jagged Gorgeous Winter is pretty good too.
Old 10-09-08, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
A Jagged Gorgeous Winter is pretty good too.
As I posted earlier, this is a damn fun song once you can hit the groove. I still lose it at least twice during the song, but once I hit it - it's a blast. Drums.
Old 10-09-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
As I posted earlier, this is a damn fun song once you can hit the groove. I still lose it at least twice during the song, but once I hit it - it's a blast. Drums.
Yeah, it's got a strange pattern on the drums, but it is fun to play. My previous post was more just talking about how much I like it as a song, charts aside.
Old 10-09-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Visions is a mess - the drums are offbeat which makes the beat unreliable while trying to strum it on guitar. I said earlier that Battery was harder than everything in the GH3 main setlist, well this one eats Battery for breakfast in terms of difficulty.
Old 10-09-08, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
Yeah, it's got a strange pattern on the drums, but it is fun to play. My previous post was more just talking about how much I like it as a song, charts aside.
Oh. Well screw you.

I like it as a song too, in fact I still am meaning to check them out on itunes.

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 10-09-08 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-09-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I anyone is interested and has Directv on ch 332 the are showing AC/DC No Bull concert from madrid in HD
Old 10-09-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fuck them. Assholes.
Now c'mon, tell us how you really feel, lol. I totally agree, this song fucked me more times than I care to mention. I avoid this song like it has herpes.
Old 10-09-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Oh. Well screw you.

I like it as a song too, in fact I still am meaning to check them out on itunes.
I said it was "pretty good". I just like the other bonus songs more.
Old 10-09-08, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit77
Visions is a mess - the drums are offbeat which makes the beat unreliable while trying to strum it on guitar. I said earlier that Battery was harder than everything in the GH3 main setlist, well this one eats Battery for breakfast in terms of difficulty.
I didn't think Battery looked insanely impossible (but youtube is different than playing obviously) but I watched Visions and I know I couldn't pass that.
Old 10-09-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Finally beat Foreplay/Long Time (expert-drums) after all these months. I get through Foreplay by the skin of my teeth (that sounds.. odd) and then destroy Long Time (which is actually one of the more fun, easier songs in the game).
Old 10-09-08, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's weird, I beat the entire Boston challenge on expert on my first try, when I never could get past Smokin' before. This has happened with several songs. Either the game has been dummied down, or I can handle my own now.
Old 10-09-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mordred
I didn't think Battery looked insanely impossible (but youtube is different than playing obviously) but I watched Visions and I know I couldn't pass that.

You're kidding me right? If I can get through it first try I'm pretty sure you could easily get through it as well. Gold starring it though? Ugh, that will never happen for me.

On a side note I finally got my band up to gold stars out of 900 or so. I didn't even know you could get that, just figured five stars was the limit.
Old 10-09-08, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts
Originally Posted by rabbit77
If rabbit77 feels this way...then I truly am fucked.

Looks like I get to add another song that I will never pass on Hard along with Raining Blood from GH3.

It just sucks that one or two songs can keep you from completing your world tour. Ugh.

At least with Rock Band 1, you didn't have to worry about the "extra" songs to complete the solo tour.

What's this about changing instruments mid-stream. I saw someone mentioned changing to vocals when Visions would come up and he would just make noise to pass it. Can you do this in the middle of a set?
Old 10-09-08, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You guys are all lame!

Visions of what might have been and what will never be!

While the song is insanely difficult, it's such a great tune to shred to!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.