Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

You Don't Know Jack YDKJ to Return?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-11, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: You Don't Know Jack YDKJ to Return?

Nope. Keyboards are not standard on a console.
Old 02-08-11, 09:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I can type on a virtual keyboard using Kinect!

Old 02-08-11, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This game is awesome!

Unfortunately, I can confirm that there is no couch-to-couch online support. Either everyone in your game is local, or everyone in your game is remote. No mixing possible.

On the plus side, everything else is fantastic. It brought me back to this halcyon days of college, with friends crowding around the keyboard to play. The writers are still hilarious.
Old 02-08-11, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That achievement for getting -$1,000,000 in Jack Attack is a killer! I pounded the A button and I only managed about 3/4 of it. Of course, it doesn't help if the answers come up fast. I may need to break out my turbo controller for that one.

Though, be warned, it will hose up your average as, apparently, different "Contestants" still count on your single profile. Not sure what the point is of them if they're just different names. Oh well, at least it made it easy to get the achievement for earning $30,000 more than my average since my first game was around $25,000.
Old 02-09-11, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I decided to save that one for later (last?).

Did you get this one by accident, or is there a strategy?
Originally Posted by YDKJ
Lose to a Loser
Lose an Xbox LIVE match to someone with a rating at or below Dullard
Seems like that might be the most difficult one to get, since anyone who's played the game for any length of time will be rated higher than Dullard.

Or does rating go up and down based on performance, so that someone could conceivably sink back to that level?
Old 02-09-11, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dunno. I came in second on one game and got it. I was kinda worried about it for those same reasons. Just play more, I guess.
Old 02-09-11, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242
Dunno. I came in second on one game and got it. I was kinda worried about it for those same reasons. Just play more, I guess.
...aaand I just got it on the next game I played after that post.
Old 02-09-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am loving this game, it is bringing back great memories of playing this with friends around a keyboard. This is a great game and far worth the 30 i spent for it.
Old 02-09-11, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just as fun as it should be. I can't wait to school that grandpa Chuck again.
Our Dis or Dat was stupid. They can't just throw the "Both" option in there like that.
Old 02-09-11, 09:00 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
This game is awesome!

Unfortunately, I can confirm that there is no couch-to-couch online support. Either everyone in your game is local, or everyone in your game is remote. No mixing possible.

On the plus side, everything else is fantastic. It brought me back to this halcyon days of college, with friends crowding around the keyboard to play. The writers are still hilarious.
Agreed completely. The game was so much fun when I played it last night.

I only have two complaints. The intro to each question is the same every game. While not an issue if you play one game in a sitting, but I played three last night and it got old seeing/hearing the same stuff for each question intro.

Second, I have no idea what the "wrong answer of the day" thing is about. I understand that you have to select that answer, but none of the questions had any answer that looked even remotely like what they said the topic of the "wrong answer of the day" was.
Old 02-09-11, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The WAotD is hinted at with the company that's sponsoring that episode. If you pick that wrong answer you get +$4000 (+$8000 in Round 2) instead of losing points as normal. Plus you get the prize for your collection. All 73 prizes nets you a cool achievement/trophy.
Old 02-09-11, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The WAotD is hinted at with the company that's sponsoring that episode. If you pick that wrong answer you get +$4000 (+$8000 in Round 2) instead of losing points as normal. Plus you get the prize for your collection. All 73 prizes nets you a cool achievement/trophy.
I finally figured out how to get these when you landed that one in our game. Now I'm not only looking for the right answer each time, but also the "wrong" one the game inserted on purpose.
Old 02-09-11, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vryce
I only have two complaints. The intro to each question is the same every game. While not an issue if you play one game in a sitting, but I played three last night and it got old seeing/hearing the same stuff for each question intro.
Keep playing, you'll start to notice subtle differences in some of the number intros. For example, sometimes the Robot 6 says something, sometimes not.
Old 02-09-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chuckd21
I finally figured out how to get these when you landed that one in our game. Now I'm not only looking for the right answer each time, but also the "wrong" one the game inserted on purpose.
I had no idea they existed until that game I wasn't going for it or anything. I've since learned.

I did see a tricky one online. I'm not sure which episode it was, but it was sponsored by some greeting card company.

Spoiler:
There was a question about Disney characters and Mother's Day. This didn't have the wrong answer, as I expected, but it was a little bit later about famous musical duos and their real first name. The WAotD was
Spoiler:
Hall & Mark Oates because of the "Hallmark" thing.
That made me smile because it made perfect sense and they tried to trick you earlier.
Old 02-09-11, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Keep playing, you'll start to notice subtle differences in some of the number intros. For example, sometimes the Robot 6 says something, sometimes not.
Seriously..that #6 changeup on the 3rd or 4th episode fucking killed me.

Loving the game. Could easily have been a terrible end result but what we got is so true to form it's crazy to think it hasn't been coming out regularly for the past 8 years.

LOVE looking for the wrong answer of the game. That's maybe my favorite part thus far.
Old 02-09-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When I first noticed that, I thought I just missed it all the other times. Until I saw again that it didn't happen.

I really, really love the "10" intro. It's so scandalous! Especially when the 1 turns into an ! for a split second
Old 02-09-11, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When I first noticed that, I thought I just missed it all the other times. Until I saw again that it didn't happen.

I really, really love the "10" intro. It's so scandalous! Especially when the 1 turns into an ! for a split second
Once I realized the 0 was pooping out a baby at the end of that intro I laughed for 5 straight minutes.

The commercials are still hilarious too. I woke my wife up last night, laughing at some "real conversations between tweens" thing.
Old 02-09-11, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The commercials are still hilarious too. I woke my wife up last night, laughing at some "real conversations between tweens" thing.
And IMO those are the areas that they really could have dropped the ball, but instead it is a true rebirth of the game and they've done all the important parts to make it a familiar but completely updated experience.
Old 02-09-11, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

I do wish there was a way to get slightly longer rounds, 10 questions just goes by so damn quick.

Love the questions and love the Wrong Answers (
Spoiler:
it took me a minute to figure it out, then I won it during the nail clipper round when I picked the LA Clippers for West Side Story heh
).
Old 02-09-11, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I could see wanting a local game to be longer, but online I think it's just the right length. Any longer and I'd think people would start dropping out when they get behind.

I had one Jack Attack round last night that I didn't get a credit for a single buzz-in. I know that it's probably a very precise science for them to coordinate that across four players, but it does just feel like lag. I imagine that hosting the game will give you a slight advantage, though I haven't tested that theory at all.
Old 02-09-11, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had one Jack Attack round last night that I didn't get a credit for a single buzz-in. I know that it's probably a very precise science for them to coordinate that across four players, but it does just feel like lag. I imagine that hosting the game will give you a slight advantage, though I haven't tested that theory at all.
I know that's what I blamed it on when my wife kept beating me to the buzzer.

"Fucking lag!" "HOST!"
Old 02-09-11, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I want a game tonight. Who's in? Name your times.
Old 02-09-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I want a game tonight. Who's in? Name your times.
I'll be playing with actual friends tonight. I might have time for your kind afterwards, around 10 Eastern or so.
Old 02-09-11, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You think you're better than me?
Old 02-09-11, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You think you're better than me?
I wouldn't say that I think I'm better than you, no.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.