Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PSN Games Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-13, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Official PSN Games Thread

Here's money to buy a game we hope you can't play by the end of the year when you buy our new system...
Old 02-21-13, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,207 Likes on 4,234 Posts

It'll be interesting to see what they do with PS Plus during the transition. It would be a little weird to give free games for the PS3 if you can't play them on the PS4. In any case, I'm paid up through 2015, so I get some time to see what transpires.

Old 02-25-13, 11:28 AM

Goddammit, I get suckered into buying a Vita game when it drops 50% and then it goes free a couple of months later. I hate myself.

PlayStation Plus: Plants vs. Zombies Free for Members

+ Posted by Morgan Haro // Community Manager, PlayStation Digital Platforms

Hopefully you’ve been digging into some of the free PlayStation Plus content this month including Vanquish, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and indie-hit Closure. This week, we’re excited to bring the crowd-pleasing Plants Vs. Zombies on PS Vita to the Instant Game Collection.

In addition, there are some fantastic sales to jump on as well including the Gamers’ Choice Awards discounts (winners announced tomorrow) and the PS Vita Anniversary Sale celebrating PS Vita’s first year. Read on to learn more about these exceptional sales.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS3 or PS Vita or click here to get access via the Sony Entertainment Network online store.
February 26th PlayStation Plus Update

Plants Vs. Zombies (PS Vita)

PSN Price: $10.49, Free for PS Plus members

Popcap’s irreverent take on the real time strategy genre is yours to play free on your PS Vita starting this week as a PS Plus member. At first glance, you may think it’s just another cute strategy game. Get your hands on it, and you’ll find an incredible amount of strategy that relies on everything from picking the right plants, determining their placement, and decisions while under fire from masses of zombies. The PS Vita version sports a ton of great features including co-op multiplayer, a ton of modes, and even some mini-games to keep you busy, making putting Plants vs. Zombies down an pleasantly tough proposition.

Retro/Grade (PS3)

PSN Price: $9.99; PS Plus Price: $2.44

Retro/Grade Soundtrack

PSN Price: $7.99; PS Plus Price: $1.74
The game that turned rhythm games upside down is now available at an irresistible price for PS Plus Members! Starting at the end of the game and working your way back to the sound of head-bobbing retro tunes, you’ll need to ensure the pilot makes it alive through his backward journey through time. With 10 dazzling ‘backwards’ worlds, epic boss fights, and a seriously fantastic soundtrack, it’s a deal that everyone should jump on. If you like the music, we also went ahead and put the soundtrack on sale as well! You can grab it for $1.74 on the PS Store as a PS Plus member.
Gamers’ Choice Awards Winners Discounts

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members
You voted, now you’re about to reap the rewards. This week the winners of the Gamers’ Choice Awards go on sale at various discounts across the board. Tune in to PlayStation.Blog tomorrow morning to find out which titles won as voting is still on as of today’s Plus Update and the race in some categories is pretty darn close. If you need a refresher on the nominees and still haven’t cast your vote, click here.
PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Various Discounts for PS Plus Members
It’s been 1 year since the PS Vita launched and to celebrate, we’re placing a number of crazy good PS Vita titles on sale. Take a look at the full list. Though the sale is for all of PSN, Plus members, as usual, get extra discounts on top these already good deals. Take a look at the full list below.

Game Title Normal Price Sale Price PS Plus Sale
Escape Plan $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Hustle Kings PS Vita $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Little Deviants $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
MLB The Show 12 PS Vita $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
ModNation Racers: Road Trip $17.99 $13.99 $9.79
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition $11.99 $8.39 $5.87
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
Reality Fighters $17.99 $12.59 $8.81
Smart As $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
Sound Shapes $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
Super Stardust Delta $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
Unit 13 $26.99 $18.89 $13.22

Old 02-25-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

Unit 13 is a steal at that price. That was one of the first games i got and i still play it regularly
Old 02-25-13, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I need to get a Vita just to play all the free games I'm getting with my membership.
Old 02-25-13, 12:59 PM

That might be Sony's idea.
Old 02-25-13, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I may finally buy Escape Plan, instead of waiting for the inevitable PSN+ freebie. I guess Sony did give me a $10 PSN credit so it's technically free.
Old 02-25-13, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll wait for a price drop on the Vita though. :-)

Now a PSP works with some of those games, right?
Old 02-26-13, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in MLB. I'm debating on waiting for '13.
Old 02-26-13, 12:49 PM

Extra PSN promotion now : Get a $10 PSN credit in April for every $50 you spend out of your PSN wallet between today and the end of March. That pretty much ensures me buying Escape Plan. Hope you all enjoy getting it for.free next month!

Upcoming Games for March:

March 5th

MLB The Show 13
Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/5 to get a free exclusive theme and an extra 120 million in Franchise Budget to jump start your team.

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk
Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/5 to get a free exclusive theme
March 19th

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/19 to get a free exclusive theme
March 26th

Bioshock: Infinite
Pre-order Bioshock Infinite or Bioshock Infinite+Season Pass from 2/26 to 3/26 to get a free exclusive theme, The Industrial Revolution Gear Pack for Bioshock Infinite, and receive the original Bioshock game as a bonus.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14
Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/26 to get a free exclusive theme and receive the world-famous the Els Club DLC course as a bonus

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel
Pre-order from 2/26 to 3/26 to get a free exclusive theme and receive the Overkill Edition as a bonus
Overkill Edition content: Includes Exclusive Bonus Weapons (Day of the Dead, AK-47, Double-D Shotgun, TAH-9 handgun), Outfit/Mask Sets (Day of the Dead, Overkill and Polymer), Exclusive Overkillers Contracts (new missions designed for nonstop, frenetic co-op destruction)

Last edited by Decker; 02-26-13 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-26-13, 03:13 PM

Gamers" Choice Winners and Discounts listed here

(prepare for disappointment before clicking)

Really? They pick the already-free game Gravity Rush for the Vita game?
edit : Well, since Sound Shapes and Super Stardust are on sale this week anyway, no hard done really.
Old 02-26-13, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damnit! When am I gonna get a sale on the DLC for Borderlands 2? It's been on sale multiple times for PC and at least twice for 360.
Old 02-26-13, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will probably pick up GTA: San Andreas
Old 02-26-13, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Gamers" Choice Winners and Discounts listed here

(prepare for disappointment before clicking)

edit : Well, since Sound Shapes and Super Stardust are on sale this week anyway, no hard done really.
Walking Dead for $9.79 sounds good. I'd even consider San Andreas for $6, but lack of trophies and the fact that it's just a PS2 port sours me on it just a bit.
Old 02-28-13, 02:46 PM

Duplicate post, but for a heads-up, you can sort of double-dip on the two current PSN deals:

From now until 3/4, if you buy or redeem a year of Playstation Plus, you'll get three bonus months free.

Also, from now through the end of March, you'll get $10 back in April for every $50 you spend out of your PSN wallet.

Putting the two together, you can get 15 months of PS Plus for essentially $40 after rebate if you buy it by 3/4. That's a great deal.
Old 02-28-13, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, can I buy a $50 card from Amazon, I have credit there, and apply the funds in PSN? And I'll receive all the rebates?
Or do I have to use my CC *shudder*, or PayPal, to get PS+?
Old 02-28-13, 05:43 PM

As long as you use Amazon to get a $50 code, put that $50 in your PSN Wallet and use that wallet to buy your PS Plus subscription by 3/4/13, you're fine. If, however, you got a PS Plus subscription code directly from Amazon, you wouldn't get the $10 back.
Old 03-01-13, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

I know this post is a couple of days old, but I'll respond anyway. Sony didn't pick the games included in the sale. They were voted on by PSN users, hence the term, Gamer's choice.
Old 03-01-13, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He knows that. He's giving the to the idiotic gamers who vote for things that don't need sales. Happens all the time on XBL too.
Old 03-01-13, 08:41 AM

^ Yup, he's right.
Old 03-01-13, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

so,... be honest, unless there is money involved...
Old 03-01-13, 10:54 AM

^ I'm not sure if that comment was for me, but I don't know what it means regardless.

The PS Blogcast came out yesterday. They said they would be giving all the March freebies all at once. They gave no actual info but gave clues, which (along with guesses from CAG members) I quote below:

-Game 1: "A big, critically acclaimed shooter. Turned the world on its head in terms of what to expect from a shooter." Maybe Spec Ops: The Line?

hmm. was spec ops 'big'? it was critically acclaimed and fits the description, though. bioshock does, but since 2 was already given i doubt they'd do 1. same with borderlands. so...yea, Spec Ops is my guess too.

Game 2: "A very highly acclaimed strategy RPG series coming to the Vita lineup later in the month." Probably Disgaea 3.

As others said... it has to be D3. Unless they're releasing something new as a surprise, and letting us have it day 1. Which seems doubtful.
the "highly acclaimed srpg series" really limits it as well -- there aren't too many series that fit that description, and even fewer if we limit it to vita/psp.
Eh, I love the Disgaea series and SRPGs in general, so it's a win either way. Heck, just that they'd think to include a srpg in the IGC makes me happy.

Game 3: "Another great fighter for the IGC."

got All Stars as part of my bundle. But i don't care about fighting games.

Game 4: "An awesome PSN game that has a highly acclaimed writer, very famous videogame luminary, that's responsible for putting that game together. Fairly recently released." The Cave?

Can't think of anything else that fits. Happy about this too.
I'll be very happy if they give The Cave and Spec Ops The Line as I don't have either yet. Clue 2 has to be Disgaea (unless it's a PSP game) because there are literally no other strategy RPGs for the Vita. I'm hoping Game 4 might be Tekken Tag 2 or DOA 5, but not counting on it. It'll probably be Persona 4 Arena since I recently bought that.
Old 03-03-13, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Well since my Plus subscription was going to expire on the 20th anyway, I decided to pull the trigger on the 3 extra months and $10 back deal.

Now I'm covered until June of 2014, at which point I imagine that Plus on the PS3 will be pretty useless, but it'll be fun ride until then. At least I don't have to worry about my Plus games expiring until then.

Also, just so it's clear, since the Plus subscription is $49.99, you will have to buy something else in order to get over the $50 threshold. So you may want to buy more than just a $50 PSN card. Maybe have a $20 card in there as well.

I bought The Walking Dead a few days ago, so I was already set with that.
Old 03-04-13, 10:38 AM

Still waiting for the March PS Plus Freebie announcement, but this morning they already announced some more deals for the Vita, including some non-PS Plus Freebies for Vita owners!

More PS Vita Anniversary Deals This Week, Including New Free Games

+ Posted by Don Mesa // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

Last week, we honored the PlayStation Vita system’s one year anniversary by giving you—our awesome fans—great discounts on some of our top games. There is still one more day to pick up the first batch of sales titles, so don’t miss your chance to grab award-winning games like Escape Plan, Sound Shapes, and PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale at a big discount.

Launching PS Vita has been a fun journey for us so far, and we’re excited about the many new things we have in store for you this year, including immersive and unique games like Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway. In addition, we’ll be bringing you new ways to interact with your friends as seen in our recently announced Friend Network.

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store! In addition, you’ll also find a brand new set of downloadable PS Vita games on sale at a great discount. The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:

Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
Patapon (PSP)
Piyotama (PSP)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

Here are the PS Vita games that are on sale for a 30% discount. If you’re a PlayStation Plus member, you’ll get 50% off:

Army Corps of Hell
Big Sky: Infinity
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend
Dokuro
DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
Knytt Underground
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes French
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
LEGO Lord of the Rings
Orgarhythm
Pure Chess
Retro City Rampage
Sine Mora (with Trial)
Spy Hunter
Street Fighter X Tekken
Sumioni: Demon Arts
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

We also added a few more games to the sale, with the following discounts as noted:

FIFA Soccer 13 (30% off)
Madden NFL 13 (30% off)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath (25% off) (New patch details here)

Also, we want to remind you that the March savings promotion is still going on this week, where you can get $10 back for every $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet! So be sure to take advantage of the PS Vita anniversary sale and the March savings promotion while you can by heading over to PS Store

Last edited by Decker; 03-04-13 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-04-13, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

So if I'm reading that correctly, you can only download those games thru the Vita? Booo!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.