Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NCAA Football '09

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't played in a week or so, but apparently the new patch is out that has been getting good reviews. Did you notice that the punt/kickoff coverage was better or anything else that changed dramatically?
Old 08-26-08, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still playing Dynasty mode.

I noticed a new bug the other day. If I run outside (Knowshon Moreno, but I doubt it matters), there's often a CB or Safety who should hit me for a loss. But he never leaves his crouching stance and while the RB goes past him, he continues to crouchwalk for 5+ more yards. By the time the defender turns around, I'm 10 yards downfield.
Old 08-27-08, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BravesMG
I haven't played in a week or so, but apparently the new patch is out that has been getting good reviews. Did you notice that the punt/kickoff coverage was better or anything else that changed dramatically?
I didn't get the game util the 2nd patch came out, so I don't really know to compare. I don't see a huge difference from the demo.

I did break one KO for a TD, and had the same done to me. On average I would say I get to about the 30 on a return..
Old 08-29-08, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I believe this game still has some CPU "cheating"...almost like a catch up feature.

I was Central Michigan and playing Georgia in my Dynasty. I was up a touchdown with a few minutes....so on a critical 3rd down, I throw a pass and the CPU makes a miracle interception....fine, I'll give them one. Then, I'm driving in the 4th after they scored (of course) and my guy fumbles...ugh. They recover...ugh ugh. So, the game goes to OT. We both score in the 1st OT. 2nd OT....I have LeFevre doing a QB sneak from the 1 yard line...he FUMBLES!!! I was annoyed. I had the upset in the making...CMU being a top 25 team eventually....nope...down the drain.
Old 08-29-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jonw9
I didn't get the game util the 2nd patch came out, so I don't really know to compare. I don't see a huge difference from the demo.

I did break one KO for a TD, and had the same done to me. On average I would say I get to about the 30 on a return..
I do think the punt and kickoff coverage has improved significantly. I used to boot it three or four yards deep and consider myself lucky if I stopped them before the 40. Now, it's about the same as you, averaging around the 30. There's still bugs a plenty, but the huuuuge issues seem to have been at least addressed and it is a much stronger game in my opinion.
Old 09-13-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I believe this game still has some CPU "cheating"...almost like a catch up feature.

I was Central Michigan and playing Georgia in my Dynasty. I was up a touchdown with a few minutes....so on a critical 3rd down, I throw a pass and the CPU makes a miracle interception....fine, I'll give them one. Then, I'm driving in the 4th after they scored (of course) and my guy fumbles...ugh. They recover...ugh ugh. So, the game goes to OT. We both score in the 1st OT. 2nd OT....I have LeFevre doing a QB sneak from the 1 yard line...he FUMBLES!!! I was annoyed. I had the upset in the making...CMU being a top 25 team eventually....nope...down the drain.
I notice a huge shift in the second half. I can do respectable in the first half, then the other team comes out and 'pert near unstoppable in the second half.

The problem I am having now is dirty disc errors. I know it isn't dirty, so I am hoping it isn't my 360 going down...again.
Old 09-13-08, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
What's the deal with the stat tracking in this game? Why if I have a drive down the the 35 yard line and kick a field goal does it tell me that the drive went 99 yards?
Old 09-14-08, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I seems off to me too. I guess they add the 35 yard of the FG, but the numbers seem large still. Maybe it counts where the FG landed?

I still don't think the simmed games compare well to the played ones. Lie the simmed quarters are 15 minute, even though I played on 5. The yards and other things the other teams get seem huge. I don't know if I would ever get a Heisman unless I focus on a single player every play.
Old 09-14-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I remember correctly the drive summaries were messed last season for fg's also.
Old 09-15-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The more I look into the FG yardage, I think it takes in account where you get the KO or punt as the starting position. So your 99 yd. drive began at the 1 when you received the ic off.

Another thing I noticed, and just remembered is the running animation. When I break away a run or pass, my carries will do a sort of "double step" every 3 or 4 strides. I don't thin i have been caught because of this, but it always worries me, like he is going to fall down or something.
Old 01-02-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
every once in awhile i hit something that takes away my options for hot routes, audible, etc.. any idea what Im hitting?
Old 01-02-09, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
every once in awhile i hit something that takes away my options for hot routes, audible, etc.. any idea what Im hitting?
Show/Hide preplay help > Right Analog Stick (click)
Old 01-02-09, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk God

thanks, will give that a shot
Old 01-12-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: NCAA Football '09

it mentions playing a single team dynasty mode and getting invited to join a bcs conference..

but dont you have to pick from one of the teams that already exist? so does that mean you need to play dynasty mode using a non bcs existing team and earn an invite?

also.. there was something about winning the hs championship game.. where do you get into that? campus legend?
Old 01-12-09, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yeah you create a player in campus legend mode, the first thing you do is play through your high school playoffs and how well you do in that depends on how highly recruited you are etc. as for the bcs ones; i haven't done it in 09 but I put together 3 undefeated seasons in a row with New Mexico State and got that achievement.
Old 01-12-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by twikoff
but dont you have to pick from one of the teams that already exist? so does that mean you need to play dynasty mode using a non bcs existing team and earn an invite?
That was a bitch to do. I played as Boise State for 11 seasons or something and won two or three national championships on legend difficulty. Basically it's the luck of the draw as far as I've read to get the BCS conference invite. I got mine after I went undefeated and won the championship game and went from the WAC to the Pac-10.

One tip that helped me was not to screw around when your season ends, proceed directly to the offseason quickly. I have no idea if it was just coincidence or true, but the first season I tried that trick I got an invite immediately. The prompt comes up as soon as the bowl game ends and asks you if you want to proceed to the offseason, if you're going to get your invite it comes up right there.
Old 01-13-09, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This game is still amazing. I play daily. I'm going through my fourth dynasty season right now. I took Purdue through two 1 loss seasons (winning the Rose Bowl both years against the Trojans), then took an offer from Oklahoma, who I'm taking to their second national championship. The weird thing? My opponents in both championship games. The first year I played against Toledo, and now I'm playing against the Tarheels from North Carolina?

= J
Old 01-13-09, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk God

i wonder if it would increase or decrease your odds of getting a bcs invite, if you used notre dame