Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by wlj
the 2 legs i did get were like level 15 for my WD. One weapon, and one helm. I upgraded them with rares soon after i got them. I didn't even use the weapon, I went over to the crafting station and crafted a better rare the first try.
Ah, all my guys are 70 now so she managed to upgrade my DH a bit.
Old 04-09-14, 07:12 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just hit 40 with my Witch Doctor and I should be really ready to kick some ass right now. When I first started RoS with my barb a couple of weeks ago I picked up a two hand axe with a huge reduce requirement rating. It is 1650 DPS WITH a socket and a nice bit of life on hit. I may reroll the damage some to make it stronger. The weapon is level 61, but with a reduced requirement rating of 21 LOLOL. I have never seen that much reduced requirements. So, I am using a level 61 weapon at level 40. Before 40 I was facerolling expert adventure quests pretty good. With the new weapon I should be able to go up to master...maybe even torment (with a decent party). Here is an example of how huge an upgrade it was......when I put my mouse on the loot it showed I would have a damage increase of 855%. Keep in mind that is BEFORE i put my emerald in to increase crit to 110%. go to my profile and take a look at the weapon. It isn't a godly weapon, but being able to use it at 40 is crazy. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G...6/hero/5501025

So far, I am loving the WD class.
Old 04-09-14, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
I just hit 40 with my Witch Doctor and I should be really ready to kick some ass right now. When I first started RoS with my barb a couple of weeks ago I picked up a two hand axe with a huge reduce requirement rating. It is 1650 DPS WITH a socket and a nice bit of life on hit. I may reroll the damage some to make it stronger. The weapon is level 61, but with a reduced requirement rating of 21 LOLOL. I have never seen that much reduced requirements. So, I am using a level 61 weapon at level 40. Before 40 I was facerolling expert adventure quests pretty good. With the new weapon I should be able to go up to master...maybe even torment (with a decent party). Here is an example of how huge an upgrade it was......when I put my mouse on the loot it showed I would have a damage increase of 855%. Keep in mind that is BEFORE i put my emerald in to increase crit to 110%. go to my profile and take a look at the weapon. It isn't a godly weapon, but being able to use it at 40 is crazy. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G...6/hero/5501025

So far, I am loving the WD class.
Yeah, it's insane. It goes all the way up to -30 now. A level 40 using a level 70 weapon is just ridiculous. Sadly I missed out on using them as I got one of each class to 60 before RoS came out.
Old 04-09-14, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471197317#1

Hot Fix incoming.

The Bad!
Unique monsters now drop less items.
*Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
*Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.

The Good!
The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
*This means that while in a rift your chance to find a legendary item from monsters, chests, elites, and everything else is double what it is outside of rifts. No this does not mean opening bounty bags in rifts is the new hotness. ;P

Kadala’s legendary drop rate has been significantly increased.
*Blood Shards are meant to be a compelling element of rift rewards and something players are excited to get.
Old 04-10-14, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I was wondering why a unique monster yesterday dropped a set item and a unique. It was all crap but at least they dropped... They should just leave the chests alone. I opened 4 yesterday and the only thing in them was gold. Wtf?

edit: I hate the forgotten soul drops. They need to just replace them with legendaries.

Last edited by Krayzie; 04-10-14 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-10-14, 07:41 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I was wondering why a unique monster yesterday dropped a set item and a unique. It was all crap but at least they dropped... They should just leave the chests alone. I opened 4 yesterday and the only thing in them was gold. Wtf?

edit: I hate the forgotten soul drops. They need to just replace them with legendaries.

true, i get all excited thinking i got a cool new piece of gear...not

I do ALOT more crafting nowadays. Almost all of the gear I have equipped right now for my witch doctor was crafted. I never did any of this before RoS.

Last edited by wlj; 04-10-14 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-10-14, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
true, i get all excited thinking i got a cool new piece of gear...not

I do ALOT more crafting nowadays. Almost all of the gear I have equipped right now for my witch doctor was crafted. I never did any of this before RoS.
I haven't crafted anything yet. I've done a lot of enchanting though. I wish the price didn't go up each time you did an enchant. Cost me a ton of gold and souls trying to roll a socket on a set weapon.
Old 04-10-14, 08:17 AM
wlj

I haven't crafted anything yet. I've done a lot of enchanting though. I wish the price didn't go up each time you did an enchant. Cost me a ton of gold and souls trying to roll a socket on a set weapon.

I made a quick 11 million gold on the last day of the GAH to give me a nest egg in the event i started crafting alot. I haven't even gotten my jeweler maxed so I will do some crafting there as well. I have crap loads of marquise gems ready to go.
Old 04-10-14, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
I made a quick 11 million gold on the last day of the GAH to give me a nest egg in the event i started crafting alot. I haven't even gotten my jeweler maxed so I will do some crafting there as well. I have crap loads of marquise gems ready to go.
Dragon breaths are really easy to get now. I think I have about 70 in my stash lol
Old 04-10-14, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm sure it doesn't matter to the PC players but any word, info or hints to the PS4 version? last I saw was something about" it wasn't to far behind the pc version" and that's been it.
Old 04-11-14, 06:40 AM

The legendary drop rate in the rifts seem to be decent now. I've gotten 3 or 4 legenadries in about 6 or 7 rifts. All the legendaries sucked or were duplicates but at least they dropped. So far I've gotten the same amulet 3 times and doubles of some other crap. I also finally got a legendary mojo from the blood shard lady. It only took 287 tries!
Old 04-11-14, 07:58 AM
wlj

I was playing this morning and a green beam of light came from the ground. I was like "Yes!! a piece of set gear!!"

blah, it was instructions for the blacksmith to craft Cain's set.

Forgive me, I am not experience with crafting, but will the blacksmith still be able to craft that set when i start up a monk even though I found this with my Witch Doctor?
Old 04-11-14, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
Forgive me, I am not experience with crafting, but will the blacksmith still be able to craft that set when i start up a monk even though I found this with my Witch Doctor?
Yes. I am waiting for the day that I have all the recipes so I don't get confused by a green item dropping. Although there are still those legendary crafting items that trick me into thinking it's a legendary. I just stare at the minimap now and look for an orange star after an elite / boss dies. I am also immediately disappointed when I realize the legendary drop is a 2h weapon lol

I still don't know why blizzard decided to have bosses drop forgotten souls. Replace the forgotten souls drop with a legendary. I also hope they increase the blood shard max to 1000 so I don't have to stop so often to gamble and blow crap up.

Last edited by Krayzie; 04-11-14 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-11-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by wlj
I was playing this morning and a green beam of light came from the ground. I was like "Yes!! a piece of set gear!!"

blah, it was instructions for the blacksmith to craft Cain's set.

The best gear I have has been from green crafting plans I made at the blacksmith. Don't fret! Anything you teach the blacksmith should work for any character.
Old 04-11-14, 09:10 AM

all this is good news. especially the buying of stuff from whats her name. i spent 500 on some armor and found a small upgrade. the other 99 sucked. whats a boy got to do to get some Zuni's armor?
Old 04-12-14, 10:01 AM

I love how the pets / minions crit now. I still need to find that pet damage mask though.
Old 04-12-14, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I know this topic is mainly for PC players now with RoS out but some good news or at least something on the RoS PS4 version....

<iframe src="http://www.gamespot.com/videos/embed/6418288/" width="640" height="400" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 04-13-14, 09:45 PM

I love how the pets / minions crit now. I still need to find that pet damage mask though.
i've found 3. sadly always in solo games. i need to play with more people. mask of jerem is fantastic.

i switched my DH up and stacked crit hit/crit chance and a crap ton of fire dmg. Its over 100% additional fire. good times
Old 04-14-14, 08:10 AM
wlj

i am mainly working on getting all of my classes to 70. Farming with my 70 barb is not too fruitful right now. I very seldom find an upgrade, so I feel time is better spent leveling other toons.

Barb -- 70
Wiz -- 70
DH -- 64
WD -- 64
Monk -- 34
Cruz -- 0

oh yeah, i had a guildmate state that he just went around Torment 6 busting crates and jars only and got 8 legendaries last night. Anyone having that kind of luck? I have never tried above Torment 2
Old 04-14-14, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
i am mainly working on getting all of my classes to 70. Farming with my 70 barb is not too fruitful right now. I very seldom find an upgrade, so I feel time is better spent leveling other toons.

Barb -- 70
Wiz -- 70
DH -- 64
WD -- 64
Monk -- 34
Cruz -- 0

oh yeah, i had a guildmate state that he just went around Torment 6 busting crates and jars only and got 8 legendaries last night. Anyone having that kind of luck? I have never tried above Torment 2
People used to do that with chests / demonic urns then blizz nerfed it. Hopefully they don't nerf anything else. I've just been doing rifts.
Old 04-16-14, 08:22 AM
wlj

I hit 70 with my Witch Doctor last night. I fired up my 64 demon hunter next, but I absolutely hate playing with her. Which is weird since she was the first toon I played for so long. I have put around 150 hours into her since the game launched. However, I can't stand playing her now. I decided to start a crusader toon. I got him to 11 so far. That class is rather fun, you certainly feel tough and you hit hard.

It is nice having a few hell fire rings in my stash. You can use those at level one, so if you slap one of those on you can boost your level 1 toon big time. I have already started doing "expert" difficulty adventure quests to make leveling faster. I am facerolling expert right now so I may up it to master.
Old 04-16-14, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i need some hell fire rings
Old 04-16-14, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Trying to get all my characters up to 70, too. My DH is at 65 and the Crusader at 51. Could use another XP boost weekend

Been rockin a petless Witch Doctor lately. Totally different playstyle since I have to be right in the thick of things, so it took a bit of time to get used to. Pairs really well with a Monk using Cyclone Strike.
Old 04-17-14, 07:47 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by cnicholls44
i need some hell fire rings

They are a pain in the ass to get crafted. Not because of difficulty, just due to random chance the items you need will drop. Then once you finally get all of the stuff you need....booya! your ring has a bad roll. However even the bad rings are really good for level 1 toons.
Old 04-17-14, 09:02 AM

well, i finally did it, ish. i got myself the ring of royal grandeur (which makes set bonuses -1, min 2) then my buddy got a zuni's armor AND was nice enough to give it to me. so, i'm a zuni's boots and aughild's shoulders away from 2 full sets. then i may make a cain's belt/gloves and have 3 full set bonuses. oh the fun i will have. you know, it just requires me to find set boots and the right set plans. i will be regearing my WD and Wiz today. my wiz will get my +10x% fire damage gear

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.