Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

How do you organize all your video game stuff?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-08, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

I have:
360 + controller + guitar
PS3 + controller + media remote
Wii + 2 controllers + gun attachment
PS2 + 2 guitars + 2 controllers
XBOX + 3 controllers

And the games, of course. Is there something that attaches to the wall that would help with all the controllers and accesories, including the guitars?

Last edited by GatorDeb; 06-08-08 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-08-08, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Surely you don't use all of those at once. I keep one of each controller for the systems I'm using the most on the coffee table. Everything else goes in one of these in the closet.

So right now I have a 360 pad and a Wiimote/Nunchuck on the table. Headsets, extra controllers, guitars and whatnot go in the closet until I'm ready for them.

Or you could get a coffee table that has a bunch of storage space. I used to use a nice looking trunk as a coffee table which gave me all kinds of room for game stuff.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 06-08-08 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-08-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Buy more TVs and spread your systems around the house. Then it won't look so crowded.
Old 06-08-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Buy more TVs and spread your systems around the house. Then it won't look so crowded.
That's what I do living with my brother we have 4 tv's in our apartment, his tv he has his 360, main HD in living room has the Wii, my bedroom, small sony has NES, PS2, small tv in living room has SNES, N64.
Old 06-08-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only systems I have connected right now are the 360 and PS3. I keep a couple controllers in the entertainment center for my wife and I, as well as a couple games that we're currently playing. The rest of the games are in another room on one of my media shelves.

The more important question is how to store all the plastic instruments that are cluttering up everyone's living space. I have a small closet that I keep everything in. Drums go on the floor, with the guitars attached to the wall via strings. The only guitar I don't hang is the LP, due to the detachable neck. I don't want to have the body pulling down and not keeping that connection tight.

Old 06-08-08, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Wow, I thought I had a lot of guitars at 3 but I count at least 6 in that pic, I feel better now

The problem is that there's only one HDTV in the house (in my room) and I'm the only one that plays video games. And the room's not that big.

I saw a rack in a magazine once where you could hook up your controllers to the wall. Haven't been able to find it
Old 06-08-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Wow, I thought I had a lot of guitars at 3 but I count at least 6 in that pic, I feel better now

The problem is that there's only one HDTV in the house (in my room) and I'm the only one that plays video games. And the room's not that big.

I saw a rack in a magazine once where you could hook up your controllers to the wall. Haven't been able to find it
Actually, the three on the wall are the same. Just a different angle. However, I do have six guitars.

1 Rock Band Fender
1 GH3 Les Paul (on the shelf)
2 GH2 XPlorers
1 GH2 SG
1 GH1 SG

I keep the PS2 stuff in another closet, as they're hardly ever used.
Old 06-08-08, 10:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb

Ask your parents if they'll advance you some cash from your book deal so you can put an HDTV in the living room.