DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread of Bad(Classic) Oneliners (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/533040-official-duke-nukem-forever-thread-bad-classic-oneliners.html)

Kedrix 06-29-11 07:10 AM

Re: Official Duke Nukem Forever Thread of Bad(Classic) Oneliners

Up to the Hive now in Single player, I'm progressing along. Still have issues with anything that involves jumping but i haven't been 100% stuck anywhere for longer than 15 minutes (*caugh* Duke Dome Part 2).

I tried out multiplayer last night for about an hour. Played Dukematch, Capture the Babe and Hail to the King (for review purposes initially). Spanking the Babe is a nice touch. Corny, but nice. Even though I sucked balls, I progressed a few levels. I like the whole digs rewards (the clothing rewards are kinda meh right now) thing though. I might actually keep playing multiplayer once I am done with single. At least until server population goes way down.

I'm about 80% done with my review (if anybody still needs yet another one :)), once I get some screenshots, I'll throw it up there tonight.

foxdvd 12-11-11 10:18 PM

5 bucks...I had to pick this up...finished tonight..

Looks like shit...worst load screens this gen....but I had fun..a lot more fun than I thought...

tonyc3742 12-11-11 11:04 PM

Me too, I figured, five bucks is nothing. Plus you can send it back to Amazon for 4.25 or so.
I must suck - I got to where the girls are first kidnapped and died like seven times. (me, not them). I restarted on Casual. I have nothing whatsoever to prove on this one, I just want to blitz through it and sell it. It's definitely about the Duke personality. Post-death loading times suck (on 360) although I'm OK with the between-level ones.

I recall someone from Gearbox, in an interview prior to release, said something like "We plan on doing something special for the people who preordered a long time ago." Anyone know if they did anything, and if so, what it was?

foxdvd 12-11-11 11:28 PM

What part did you die on a lot?

As for preorder, I had the preorder from amazon for the balls of steel and canceled it before it shipped because of the bad reviews...but I still go into the club...I got some of the dlc for free I think, but I never redeemed it...I think that was all they gave out...along with the beta stuff....

I thought the game did a good job of mixing enemies.... then puzzle/exploring....none of the puzzles were mind blowing, but still fun...especially the shrink platforming stuff (well outside the load screen when you died)

foxdvd 12-11-11 11:33 PM

yeah I just checked...I got Hail to the Icons Parody Pack free..which normally runs 800 points...

foxdvd 12-11-11 11:35 PM

I hate to have three posts in a row..but I had to add that this game is stupid easy to get 910 achievement points on...I played on normal..only missed the hard achievements...

glassdragon 12-12-11 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11039065)
yeah I just checked...I got Hail to the Icons Parody Pack free..which normally runs 800 points...

I was part of the club too, how did you end up getting the pack free. Do you have to go to the site or something?

foxdvd 12-12-11 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon (Post 11039268)
I was part of the club too, how did you end up getting the pack free. Do you have to go to the site or something?

http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access

you have to log in with the code you originally had to access the club...and your email...once in you should be able to find the dlc..it was right below my beta code...

glassdragon 12-12-11 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 11039310)
http://www.dukenukemforever.com/access

you have to log in with the code you originally had to access the club...and your email...once in you should be able to find the dlc..it was right below my beta code...

Ah, got it, thank you.

mhg83 07-19-12 04:21 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AQKpq3Jh6K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:lol:

RocShemp 07-19-12 10:28 PM

My goodness! How in the hell is something so horridly written a best seller? :eek:

Kedrix 07-20-12 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11314414)
My goodness! How in the hell is something so horridly written a best seller? :eek:

Apparently there are a group of women (including my wife) that like that sort of thing. I don't really get it...but *shrug* hey she probably thinks the same thing about Lord of the Rings (it's just a bunch of walking) which I absolutely love so.

RichC2 07-20-12 09:37 AM

From Otter:

http://i.imgur.com/nYlRS.jpg

nuff said.

RocShemp 07-20-12 07:27 PM

I remember that pic. It cracked me up.

pinata242 07-21-12 12:12 AM

Shouldn't they be D batteries?

gerrythedon 06-13-13 11:42 PM

Duke Nukem Creator 3D Realms Suing Gearbox for $2m

Duke Nukem creator 3D Realms is suing Gearbox Software over unpaid royalties relating to Duke Nukem Forever.

Although Gearbox refutes the allegation, 3D Realms claims that the Duke Nukem Forever developer owes them over $2m.

It is being reported that when Gearbox bought the rights to the Duke Nukem franchise, it agreed to pay 3D Realms a percentage of the royalties earned from future releases, royalties that have not been forthcoming.

In addition to this, 3D Realms says that Gearbox blocked an independent audit of the royalties they’ve earned on Duke Nukem forever, despite them being legally entitled to do so.

Gearbox has fully denied all the allegations.

It’s not the first time Gearbox has found itself at the centre of controversy in recent months.

Following the release of Aliens: Colonial Marines there was some confusion over who developed the game, Gearbox or TimeGate.

There have also been allegations that Gearbox deliberately stalled on the development of Colonial Marines, in order to get more money from the game’s publisher, SEGA. It is claimed that Gearbox used the extra cash to help fund the development of Borderlands 2.

[via PCGamesN]

pinata242 06-13-13 11:45 PM

I hear they funneled all of that money into Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Music 06-14-13 09:43 AM

What money are they looking for?

The game didn't sell well, because it was rushed! :sarcasm:

gerrythedon 06-14-13 11:24 PM

Legal Battle Erupts Over 'Duke Nukem Forever'

Apogee and Gearbox mired in the fallout.

Apogee, the entity at heart of 3D Realms, is suing Gearbox. The claim is that Gearbox failed to meet agreed upon fees and profit shares for the production and sales of 'Duke Nukem Forever.' The dispute is further intensified by Apogee's claims that Gearbox has failed to allow for a proper audit of the game's sales performance. The current suit is seeking some $2 million, and lawsuit is one of many that Apogee is currently undertaking.

From Gearbox, "The reality is that Apogee / 3D Realms (3DR) received the full benefit of its bargain. Gearbox, in its fulfillment of its commitments, enriched 3DR, saved 3DR from its debts and rescued 3DR from its litigation surrounding its failed dozen-plus year attempt to ship Duke Nukem Forever.
"Everyone wished that 3DR's game was better received by the market for the benefit of gamers and profit to its creators. While 3DR might not wish the reality that the results make clear, 3DR turned out to be the only beneficiary of the deal. Gearbox Software, meanwhile, experienced damage to its credibility and loss of its money."

Gearbox has previously made statements publically about the high number of sales for 'Duke Nukem Forever,' though many of those sales were likely at a high discount.

"Perhaps the lesson learned here is to never enter a gaming business deal with a person who has had more lawsuits than shipped games."

Source: Gamesindustry.biz

gerrythedon 08-02-17 08:58 PM

"America is counting on you, Duke"

(Duke) "AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!"

Loved every minute of this game, :lol: many times.

stuff I loved:

(Mary & Kate) Holsom twins :drool:
Dialogue of course
Shrink Levels (driving RC CAR :cool: and Duke Burger kitchen part, was/is fucking cool)
Duke Titty City :hump: :D

stuff that sucked

Holsom Twins fates :(
Only 2 weapons at a time (sucks when going for carrying golden pistol thru whole game achievement)
Load times (especially dying many times, since only using one slot to pick up a different weapon)

I want the DLC, would love for it to go on sale, but doubt it. Will buy it one day.

Finally got the Air hockey shut-out achievement today after 100+ tries... can't get the pinball one :mad:

hopefully Gearbox starts working on a sequel after Borderlands 3.

HAIL TO THE KING BABY!!!

gerrythedon 12-28-22 09:55 PM

Recently buying THE DOCTOR WHO CLONED ME dlc, I replayed Forever again and played the dlc twice. I still loved the base game and the loved the DLC... Shrunken Dylan :lol: .
I almost played both a 3rd time on Insane, but decided to keep that playthough for when hopefully one day a sequel would be released :)

Will end my DUKE NUKEM series playthrough with Duke Nukem's Bulletstorm Tour downloadable content (BULLETSTORM: Full Clip Edition)