Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-08, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The more hours I log with this game, the better it gets. I'm seriously dreading the end at this point, I'm doing missions here and there, but mostly just doing friend activities and hunting down the cars for Stevie. Like has been said a million times, the depth and attention to detail is incredible.
Old 05-31-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just unlocked the middle island. I have been taking my time and just exploring the game. The missions are better than the previous ones but I am not doing them as quickly as I have in previous games. The characters are all very interesting even if they are over the top and their stories are somewhat predictable.
Old 05-31-08, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
You killed his g/f? Whoa. Big mistake.
Seriously?

Because I killed her too (she was a bitch), and I couldn't read Dwayne's comments afterwards. He either sounded sad or indifferent...

When do I unlock Packie's carbomb perk? That was one of my favorite parts of GTA 2 was setting off car bombs in crowded intersections.
Old 05-31-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nausicaa

When do I unlock Packie's carbomb perk? That was one of my favorite parts of GTA 2 was setting off car bombs in crowded intersections.
When he likes you above 75% (or is it 80%?). Just do some of his missions and take him out to play darts or drinking etc... Just don't call him during the day because he'll be sleeping.
Old 05-31-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally Posted by FusionX
I'm seriously dreading the end at this point, I'm doing missions here and there, but mostly just doing friend activities and hunting down the cars for Stevie. Like has been said a million times, the depth and attention to detail is incredible.
Yeah, I thought I was only in the middle, but after looking at that mission check-list, out of almost 100 missions, it looks like I only have 10 missions left to go. So I'm gonna take my time getting to them.

Bring on the DLC!!!
Old 05-31-08, 02:41 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Are all missions available regardless of which order you complete them?

I ask because I had the Bernie icon on my map shortly after meeting him, and got the phone call from him to meet him. However, I ddin't go at that time as I was doing other things. I started another mission and his icon was no longer on the map. I know they come and go, but I have done an additional ten or twenty missions since then, and still no Bernie option.
Old 05-31-08, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, I thought I was only in the middle, but after looking at that mission check-list, out of almost 100 missions, it looks like I only have 10 missions left to go. So I'm gonna take my time getting to them.

Bring on the DLC!!!
I'm really looking forward to the DLC also. I also never thought I'd say this, but I think it will be fun hunting down the pigeons (I'm waiting until I finish the main storyline), if only to explore more and check out what I might have missed.
Old 05-31-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
You killed his g/f? Whoa. Big mistake.
Does that mean Dwayne won't hang out with me? I know if I didn't kill her she would have been one of those random people missions, but I don't really care about doing 100% in the game.
Old 05-31-08, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this game is cool...

i'm pretty early on...

first one of these games that got me interested... i just never got into San Andreas...
Old 06-01-08, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the deal with the pigeons? Is there a clue to where you can find them instead of a list of locations?
Like how Nirnroot in Oblivion was usually near water and made a buzzing sound?
Old 06-01-08, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last mission honestly sucks. It is simply failable in far too many ways.
Old 06-01-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fmian
What's the deal with the pigeons? Is there a clue to where you can find them instead of a list of locations?
Like how Nirnroot in Oblivion was usually near water and made a buzzing sound?
The pigeons do make a sound and they have a faint red glow around them. They don't move and are scattered everywhere. You can go to an internet café and type www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com to see a map. A friend of mine also printed some sort of google map of their locations. He's up to 92 pigeon kills; personally I think I killed 7 of them because I'm not really looking for them.

And rumor has it that when you kill the 200 pigeons
Spoiler:
you unlock a helicopter equipped with machine guns

This makes getting all the flags and killing all the templars in Assassin's Creed look like small beans
Old 06-01-08, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Darkfriend
The pigeons do make a sound and they have a faint red glow around them. They don't move and are scattered everywhere. You can go to an internet café and type www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com to see a map. A friend of mine also printed some sort of google map of their locations. He's up to 92 pigeon kills; personally I think I killed 7 of them because I'm not really looking for them.

And rumor has it that when you kill the 200 pigeons
Spoiler:
you unlock a helicopter equipped with machine guns

This makes getting all the flags and killing all the templars in Assassin's Creed look like small beans

or you can go here: http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

On the right hand side of the screen scroll down to the bottom and click the + next to NPC and you will see a sub catagory called pigeons, check mark the box next to it and it will show on the map where they all are. click on each individual pigeon on the map and it will give you a detailed description of where that pigeon is. Good luck!!!!!!1
Old 06-01-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Decadance
I'll avoid any spoilerage but after about ten tries with the motorbike I had to switch to the other ending and go the boat route. That one I completed on my first attempt. At that point I was so ready to be done that I no longer cared which storyline I decided on.
Old 06-01-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by Decadance
I agree with this - I've already tried it a handfull of times and it is pissing me off beyond belief - i get on the bike, almost get there, then go flying off the bike for no apparent reason???? It's so fucking lame.

I will be giving my final thoughts after I finally beat it.
Old 06-01-08, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Rival11
I agree with this - I've already tried it a handfull of times and it is pissing me off beyond belief - i get on the bike, almost get there, then go flying off the bike for no apparent reason???? It's so fucking lame.

I failed the last mission every possible way you could fail it.
Old 06-01-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The bike part was the part I failed a few times, but the rest of the final mission is easy. This was by far the easiest GTA I have played.
Old 06-01-08, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Check this out...

I was starting my first race (with Stevie's car). I saw a jump ramp that I never saw before, so I decided to do that first. After the jump, the route that I took brought me took the race from the front, not the back. When I approached the first car, I was going to go through them to my spot. Right when I got to the first car, the clock went "..1, GO!!". I was facing the wrong way, and I got my ass kicked.

The second time I tried it, I drove around to the front of the cars again, then carefully backed up until I bumped the first car. Just then, "..1, GO!!!". I had Pole Position, and won the race.

I dunno know if this works for all races, but starting first is a huge help. Also, my apologies if this has already been discussed.
Old 06-01-08, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkside
The bike part was the part I failed a few times, but the rest of the final mission is easy. This was by far the easiest GTA I have played.
Well, I can finally jump to the chopper but now fail every time I'm in the chopper any tips? how long does the chopper part last?

I love a good challenge but when I'm put at a disavantage because of shitty controls and bad gameplay.....I have a huge problem with that.
Old 06-01-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I can finally jump to the chopper but now fail every time I'm in the chopper any tips? how long does the chopper part last?

I love a good challenge but when I'm put at a disavantage because of shitty controls and bad gameplay.....I have a huge problem with that.
All I did was get behind him and lay on the minigun. You will eventually get to the island for the finale. I had no trouble with this part. The dirtbike sucked though.
Old 06-01-08, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You don't even have to use the minigun. Just survive.
Old 06-01-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks - I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
Old 06-02-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, Dwayne's not exactly gay like Brucie or Bernie, he's just really lonely.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think that GTA4 is kinda homophobic?

I mean, you got Brucie, the guy who's gay and doesn't know it. You got Bernie, the over the top, flaming stereotype. You have the proprietors of the fancier clothing stores commenting in their bitchy fashion, and just so much more, from the gay dating and it just goes on and on. And it's mostly just used for a cheap laugh.

.. and racist and sexist and stereotypes blacks, jamaicans, italians and every other group... basically yes it is, but it makes fun of everyone... and that is what makes it great
Old 06-02-08, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't believe in this whole game there's only four clothing shops. I think Mario in SMB3 had more outfits.
Old 06-02-08, 12:26 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
I can't believe in this whole game there's only four clothing shops.
And two of them are exactly the same.

I think this gives us a strong hint as to what we'll see as the "exclusive" DLC on the 360.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.