DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/531237-official-gta-iv-multi-console-super-friends-thread-part-2-a.html)

PopcornTreeCt 05-28-08 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'm about 55% done and still digging a bunch of the details too. I shot a rocket launcher in one of the assassin missions into a large group of cars. When i walked over, I could see a dude hunched over burnt to a crisp on his motorcycle. Morbid, but cool!

I think I did the same thing on the same mission. It was awesome.

Rival11 05-28-08 09:28 PM

For those of you who are trying to gain that 100% click the link below - that should do it - be warned, it contains huge spoilers:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/8...ts_050808.html

fmian 05-29-08 05:14 AM

Haha.. I went to the strip club and started taking cell phone pics of the girls, then the bouncers started beating me up :)

Wolf359 05-29-08 11:59 AM

There are so many little funny things everywhere. Yesterday on the GPS instead of a bell announcing a turn, the lady actually spoke "Bing Bong"!
:lol:

Deftones 05-29-08 12:17 PM

Mother fuck. I was in the middle of a driving race and I had the Infernus car. Well, it glitched out on me and now I don't have the car anymore. :mad:

Deftones 05-29-08 12:19 PM

Also, how do you get 6 star level when everything is opened up and maintain it to get that achievement? I've tried and tried, but I can only get 4 stars. I even took a helicopter over the airport and it would still only give me 4 stars. :(

Groucho 05-29-08 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones
Also, how do you get 6 star level when everything is opened up and maintain it to get that achievement?

I'm not sure if it's possible, but you could always start a new game and do it that way.

Raul3 05-29-08 01:10 PM

how do you get 6 star level when some places are closed? do you just shoot at the police? or where do you need to go?

Rob V 05-29-08 01:17 PM

Just try to get to a new island where the roads are blocked off. The minute you cross the threshold the cops go nuts and you get 6 stars.

Raul3 05-29-08 01:19 PM

But they always kill me when I do that :(

What's a good strategy to survive 5 mins? :D

xmiyux 05-29-08 01:20 PM

What is the achievement? Escape the 6 stars or survive while under 6 stars for a certain period of time?

CKMorpheus 05-29-08 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by xmiyux
What is the achievement? Escape the 6 stars or survive while under 6 stars for a certain period of time?

Survive with 6 stars for 5 minutes.

Very easy to get when the Alderney island is the only island that hasn't been unlocked. You can steal a chopper from the Helitour pads in Algonquin and just fly around Alderney for 5 minutes without getting killed.

timewaster 05-29-08 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by timewaster
Is there a website that list what places each char likes to go to?
I took brucie to a diner and my like increased from 75 to 84, but when i took him there again, my brucie like decreased to 71. wtf?

i finally figured this out after some experimenting.
If you call him to go out and wake him up, you loose points each time you do so.

slop101 05-29-08 03:34 PM

Another thing you can do if all the islands are open is go wandering around the police station buildings in Algonquin, and that gets you an immediate 5-stars, then blow up a few copters/cops and you should have 6, but surviving that will be near impossible, as cops will swarm on you like locusts, with nowhere for you to go.

tonyc3742 05-29-08 06:18 PM

I loaded an old save to do the fly-over trick for One Man Army. I had actually never made it to the heliport before then.
I still hate racing missions.

outcastja 05-29-08 06:56 PM

Is there a tank in the game?

fumanstan 05-29-08 07:18 PM

I think i'll have to load an old save to try the helicopter thing too.

Fandango 05-29-08 07:31 PM

A good spot to do the 6 star thing is Playboy X's place after you get it.

slop101 05-29-08 10:07 PM

Awesome car-cannon "glitch".

invisiblegt 05-29-08 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Fandango
A good spot to do the 6 star thing is Playboy X's place after you get it.

I have to agree. The easiest way (for me) was, after procuring Playboy X's villa, to drive across the bridge to the "third island." At that point, instant six stars. Then, it was merely a short drive back to PX's place, at which point I sat and watched the television for five minutes.

Quick and easy.

Raul3 05-30-08 05:45 PM

I got the One Army Man achievement. I just stole a helicopter and flew to NJ and just kept on the air. It was kinda easy.

FusionX 05-30-08 09:42 PM

Dwayne has become my favorite GTA character ever, hands down. He calls and says stuff like "I was in the shower and thought you might have called..." and has the best taxi ride stories, not to mention how emotional he gets when he's drunk. His perk is pretty awesome too, the two thugs make some of the missions a lot easier to finish.

Rival11 05-30-08 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by FusionX
Dwayne has become my favorite GTA character ever, hands down. He calls and says stuff like "I was in the shower and thought you might have called..." and has the best taxi ride stories, not to mention how emotional he gets when he's drunk. His perk is pretty awesome too, the two thugs make some of the missions a lot easier to finish.

Shit, I just released today how bad I fucked up when
Spoiler:
I Killed Dwane

Only have three missions left and I'll be done - if some of you thought that snow blind was tough, my god, just wait ;)

FusionX 05-30-08 10:58 PM

If you keep Dwayne around, you get so much more. The friend activities, the backup perk, random drunk dialing. If you take him out, you get 25K, but that is chump change and it is a waste not to keep Dwayne around.

"Hey Nico, I know this sounds weird, but you wanna go bowlin'?"

slop101 05-30-08 11:17 PM

Yeah, Dwayne's not exactly gay like Brucie or Bernie, he's just really lonely.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think that GTA4 is kinda homophobic?

I mean, you got Brucie, the guy who's gay and doesn't know it. You got Bernie, the over the top, flaming stereotype. You have the proprietors of the fancier clothing stores commenting in their bitchy fashion, and just so much more, from the gay dating and it just goes on and on. And it's mostly just used for a cheap laugh.

fmian 05-31-08 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, Dwayne's not exactly gay like Brucie or Bernie, he's just really lonely.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think that GTA4 is kinda homophobic?

I mean, you got Brucie, the guy who's gay and doesn't know it. You got Bernie, the over the top, flaming stereotype. You have the proprietors of the fancier clothing stores commenting in their bitchy fashion, and just so much more, from the gay dating and it just goes on and on. And it's mostly just used for a cheap laugh.

Isn't that what it's like in real life?
Every gay guy I've met except one fits one of those descriptions.

Decadance 05-31-08 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by fmian

Wow. Get out more.

outcastja 05-31-08 10:31 AM

I'm still waiting for Dwayne to call me up and hang out with him. He just calls me randomly saying he had missed calls while taking a shower. Is it because I killed his girlfriend, or do I have to wait some more?

Also is Packie's bomb perk useful in any mission? Or is it just for blowing up random crap?

PopcornTreeCt 05-31-08 12:23 PM

You killed his g/f? Whoa. Big mistake.

slop101 05-31-08 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by fmian

I work in the art/design industry, and I've worked with a lot of gay people, and while some of those caricatures might be true here and there, it's certainly not the norm.

FusionX 05-31-08 01:26 PM

The more hours I log with this game, the better it gets. I'm seriously dreading the end at this point, I'm doing missions here and there, but mostly just doing friend activities and hunting down the cars for Stevie. Like has been said a million times, the depth and attention to detail is incredible.

MasterofDVD 05-31-08 01:38 PM

i just unlocked the middle island. I have been taking my time and just exploring the game. The missions are better than the previous ones but I am not doing them as quickly as I have in previous games. The characters are all very interesting even if they are over the top and their stories are somewhat predictable.

Nausicaa 05-31-08 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt

Seriously?

Because I killed her too (she was a bitch), and I couldn't read Dwayne's comments afterwards. He either sounded sad or indifferent...

When do I unlock Packie's carbomb perk? That was one of my favorite parts of GTA 2 was setting off car bombs in crowded intersections.

Darkfriend 05-31-08 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nausicaa

When do I unlock Packie's carbomb perk? That was one of my favorite parts of GTA 2 was setting off car bombs in crowded intersections.

When he likes you above 75% (or is it 80%?). Just do some of his missions and take him out to play darts or drinking etc... Just don't call him during the day because he'll be sleeping.

slop101 05-31-08 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by FusionX
I'm seriously dreading the end at this point, I'm doing missions here and there, but mostly just doing friend activities and hunting down the cars for Stevie. Like has been said a million times, the depth and attention to detail is incredible.

Yeah, I thought I was only in the middle, but after looking at that mission check-list, out of almost 100 missions, it looks like I only have 10 missions left to go. So I'm gonna take my time getting to them.

Bring on the DLC!!!

Pharoh 05-31-08 02:41 PM

Are all missions available regardless of which order you complete them?

I ask because I had the Bernie icon on my map shortly after meeting him, and got the phone call from him to meet him. However, I ddin't go at that time as I was doing other things. I started another mission and his icon was no longer on the map. I know they come and go, but I have done an additional ten or twenty missions since then, and still no Bernie option.

FusionX 05-31-08 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, I thought I was only in the middle, but after looking at that mission check-list, out of almost 100 missions, it looks like I only have 10 missions left to go. So I'm gonna take my time getting to them.

Bring on the DLC!!!

I'm really looking forward to the DLC also. I also never thought I'd say this, but I think it will be fun hunting down the pigeons (I'm waiting until I finish the main storyline), if only to explore more and check out what I might have missed.

outcastja 05-31-08 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt

Does that mean Dwayne won't hang out with me? I know if I didn't kill her she would have been one of those random people missions, but I don't really care about doing 100% in the game.

Dr Mabuse 05-31-08 03:49 PM

this game is cool...

i'm pretty early on...

first one of these games that got me interested... i just never got into San Andreas...

fmian 06-01-08 04:57 AM

What's the deal with the pigeons? Is there a clue to where you can find them instead of a list of locations?
Like how Nirnroot in Oblivion was usually near water and made a buzzing sound?