DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/531237-official-gta-iv-multi-console-super-friends-thread-part-2-a.html)

PopcornTreeCt 05-23-08 06:49 PM

You won't get the Infernus for awhile. You have to start doing missions for Bernie and you'll get the SuperGT and the Infernus after you've completed all of them. My favorite car is the Comet. It's fast, small and the easiest to control, IMO.

One of things I liked in the old game was being able to clear your wanted level by changing clothes. Apparently, that doesn't work in this game. *sigh

Drexl 05-23-08 08:33 PM

I hope that in the next game, they allow you to run and get in/on vehicles while on your cell phone. I don't like it when I'm chasing a cab or a good car and I get a call and suddenly I have to slow down and wait for the call to end before I can drive. I almost failed a mission (Ruff Rider) because Niko makes the call while I had the wanted level. The cop almost caught up, and I couldn't get on the bike to escape because I was on the damn phone.

xmiyux 05-23-08 09:15 PM

This is probably a really obvious question, but where near the first safehouse can i park to save a car?

PopcornTreeCt 05-23-08 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I hope that in the next game, they allow you to run and get in/on vehicles while on your cell phone. I don't like it when I'm chasing a cab or a good car and I get a call and suddenly I have to slow down and wait for the call to end before I can drive. I almost failed a mission (Ruff Rider) because Niko makes the call while I had the wanted level. The cop almost caught up, and I couldn't get on the bike to escape because I was on the damn phone.

I agree. Last night I took a picture of this chick with my cell phone then stopped into the police car and "Search by Photo" and guess what there was no picture on my cell phone. Rockstar shows all these cool things that are available in missions but not after.

fumanstan 05-23-08 09:46 PM

There should be a yellow painted line on the street in front of the door where you can park your car(s)

Nausicaa 05-23-08 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
So I'm stuck.

I keep trying two different missions over and over and absolutely cannot get to the end of either one.

The first is the one where you have to chase the subway train. Who the fuck thought of this? It sucks when even your character is bemoaning the fact that you're chasing a goddamned train. I guess I just need to memorize the path to get to the end of this one.

The other is that Playboy X mission at the construction site. Is there some sort of trick to this? I've attempted this thing 100 times now. I throw grenades everywhere Rambo style or duck and cover and pick off every dude one by one, and 100 more guys STILL pop up out of nowhere (usually behind me) and mow me down in 5 seconds.

Do I need to find body armor somewhere? Will that help?

You should have a sniper rifle by this point in the game. I just stayed close to my car, and kept my distance. You can kind of work your way up along the side of the construction site. By the time you get to the last guy, you can snipe him from a pier by the water without fighting any of the other enemies.

lordwow 05-23-08 11:39 PM

Finally beat "snow storm," now trying to do #1 with Brucie. Ugh.

fmian 05-24-08 01:18 AM

I stole a car once with 2 passengers in it. I looked around for cops first, dragged the driver out and sped away with the passenger still in the seat. As I slow down to turn the first corner, Nico pushes the guy out of the door, which just happens to smack down a cop standing in the middle of the street.

Love how the car radio garbles before a phone call comes in. Really neat touch.

Spicollidriver1 05-24-08 04:23 AM

I just did a mission with packie and two of his friends we went to get in a four door car and it was locked and I love how all four of them smashed the windows to get in it was like a barbershop quartet of criminals

RockStrongo 05-24-08 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
There should be a yellow painted line on the street in front of the door where you can park your car(s)

Yeah, a cab can knock your car out of those lines and then when you come back, its gone. So, be sure it doesnt get moved.

Also, I had a police car there to save it...when I went down there one time (after a save game), a police man was standing next to it and then got in and drove away. Odd.

timewaster 05-25-08 10:30 AM

Is there a quick way to replay a mission instead of driving back to the person who starts the mission?

Decadance 05-25-08 11:52 AM

Usually you receive a text message that if you answer allows you immediately to restart the mission if you fail.

Drexl 05-25-08 12:17 PM

I could tell you, but I always just reload the previous game if I die or get busted (though I don't think I've actually gotten busted yet).

If you're like that too, using cabs and ending the rides right away can save a lot of time. Half the time I can use Roman's service for free, and I still have plenty of money for ammo.

fmian 05-25-08 04:10 PM

Is there any way to stop the camera angles from changing when driving? I like the angle to be a little higher than normal so I can see the traffic up ahead, and I really like the car fender and motorcycle over the shoulder views as well, but they keep on cycling through the different views.

Spicollidriver1 05-25-08 05:34 PM

it only changes when you have it on the cinematic view. you can move the stick up and down and that can help the view. Otherwise use select to change the view

Gunde 05-26-08 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by RockStrongo
Yeah, a cab can knock your car out of those lines and then when you come back, its gone. So, be sure it doesnt get moved.

Also, I had a police car there to save it...when I went down there one time (after a save game), a police man was standing next to it and then got in and drove away. Odd.

Remember to turn off any car you leave or it will disappear. Hold Y when getting out in stead of just tapping it.

tonyc3742 05-26-08 08:22 AM

Some missions just peg as a fail, and let you try again later. I hate race missions.
I just noticed something weird. I did one of Elizabeta's last missions, and was only partially successful, but later on in a dialog with Roman, Nico referred to what I guess was "supposed" to happen.

Spoiler:
Elizabeta had the altercation with, um, the other guy, and I had to get rid of the body. I didn't make it, my car ended up exploding. I guess I technically fulfilled the mission, but I didn't make it to the doctor who was going to help.

Does that mess me up in the future? Did I just close off a path in the story?

So some missions I reply to the 'try again?" text messages, others I reload my save, others I just blunder on through and come back and try it again later. For the missions
that I keep failing but keep retrying, is there any negative impact later on?

Also: Three Leaf Clover. Holy crap.

And I've only met one of the random characters, as far as I can tell.

timewaster 05-26-08 12:12 PM

Is there a website that list what places each char likes to go to?
I took brucie to a diner and my like increased from 75 to 84, but when i took him there again, my brucie like decreased to 71. wtf?

Flay 05-26-08 12:19 PM

A bit of GTA inspired artwork:

Rival11 05-26-08 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by timewaster
I took brucie to a diner and my like increased from 75 to 84, but when i took him there again, my brucie like decreased to 71. wtf?

Were you late when picking him up? This will affect your percentage.

You can do it timewaster your genetically enhanced man!!!!

PopcornTreeCt 05-26-08 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by timewaster

They don't like going to the same place twice. Yeah it can be avoided but try to go through every place before you take them to the same place.

aktick 05-26-08 03:13 PM

Arrrggh. I hate stupidly difficult final missions. When I manage to
Spoiler:
make it to the boat in time without getting blown up, I can never get under LJ's helicopter in time. Just wasted the last hour retrying it.

PopcornTreeCt 05-26-08 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by aktick
Arrrggh. I hate stupidly difficult final missions. When I manage to
Spoiler:
make it to the boat in time without getting blown up, I can never get under LJ's helicopter in time. Just wasted the last hour retrying it.

Hardest mission in the game by far. Took me forever to do it. I died every way possible on that mission.

Drexl 05-26-08 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dtcarson
I just noticed something weird. I did one of Elizabeta's last missions, and was only partially successful, but later on in a dialog with Roman, Nico referred to what I guess was "supposed" to happen.

Spoiler:
Elizabeta had the altercation with, um, the other guy, and I had to get rid of the body. I didn't make it, my car ended up exploding. I guess I technically fulfilled the mission, but I didn't make it to the doctor who was going to help.

Does that mess me up in the future? Did I just close off a path in the story?

Spoiler:
:lol: You didn't make it? Sorry if I find that hilarious, but all you have to do is drive the body to the doctor. That's it. No shooting, no racing, no obstacles to avoid, nothing, just drive to the doctor and watch a cutscene. I couldn't believe they just hand you $3000 in that point in the game.

Rival11 05-26-08 04:53 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!! WHEN DOES THIS GODDAMN GAME END????!!!!!!

I completed all the Ray missions, all the bernie missions, 3 of the Gerry missions, 2 of the pegorino missions, 2 of the phil bell missions, - when the hell does this game stop? It's getting so goddamn boring now.

I know there is a map in this thread but are there any tips on how to end it quicker?