Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mario Kart Wii DVD Talk Tournament!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, C-Mart! Would you also add my Mario Kart Wii code to the original post, as well. You have my Wii Friend Code listed, but, not my Mario Kart Wii code.

My Mario Kart Wii code is:

1676-4088-2265

Thanks!
Old 05-13-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ok. The original list should be up to date. I'll also go in tonight and make sure all the Mii names are listed next to the DVDTalk user name.

When do we want to do the next one? I may be good for Wednesday night, but tonight, Thursday, and Friday are out. Of course, you don't have to wait for me to get together and race. I found the best way to keep track of the points (for purposes of posting the results) was to have my digital camera standing by and taking a picture of the screen at the end of the race.

P.S. Is it just me or is the Frontier(s) add in EVERY forum really, really annoying? I love accidentally scrolling over it at work and having people screaming on my computer.
Old 05-13-08, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by C-Mart
Ok. The original list should be up to date. I'll also go in tonight and make sure all the Mii names are listed next to the DVDTalk user name.

When do we want to do the next one? I may be good for Wednesday night, but tonight, Thursday, and Friday are out. Of course, you don't have to wait for me to get together and race. I found the best way to keep track of the points (for purposes of posting the results) was to have my digital camera standing by and taking a picture of the screen at the end of the race.

P.S. Is it just me or is the Frontier(s) add in EVERY forum really, really annoying? I love accidentally scrolling over it at work and having people screaming on my computer.
Tomorrow night is solid for me.

The Frontier(s) ad made me completely not want to buy the DVD.
Old 05-13-08, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
updated everyone MK code.
Old 05-13-08, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What time tomorrow night? Count me in!
Old 05-13-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ok i think ive added most of you now so add me and let me know if i show up
Old 05-13-08, 01:56 PM

Well, it will have to be 7:30 pst or later for me to join in... I should have stated that earlier I guess. I'm in the office and don't get home until about 7 depending on traffic.

I'm cool with it if everyone wants to do it earlier. I'll just join in the next one.

Any rules for this one? Mii's or Mario characters? how about ALL random tracks?
Old 05-14-08, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish I could join you all, tomorrow night, but, I will be working. Weekends are about the only time I'll be available to participate in tournaments. However, I wish you all well in the races! Just post when the next tournament is scheduled for a Saturday (pretty much anytime after 11:00 AM Central) or Sunday (any time after 11:00 AM Central through 7:00 PM Central). I'm always looking to put a few more wins under my belt! (I hope nobody thinks I'm trying to be a show off. I just threw that in, in the spirit of competition!)
Old 05-14-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just picked up the game on Sunday and I must say I'm loving the wii wheel.
It works much better than I would have expected.

I added many of you already, but I will go through tonight and add the remainder and I will post my Mario Kart Wii code as well.

I still haven't unlocked my Mii.
I went through the whole special cup and FINALLY finished with a trophy (I hate that rainbow road track). Only to find out that I needed to do it in the 100cc tracks in order to unlock my Mii.

So I have a lot more playing to do before I can unlock my Mii, so it prob wont happen before tonight. I still need to unlock the Star Cup and tropy in muchroom cup before I can even attempt the Special cup with the bikes.

-Brett
Old 05-14-08, 10:43 AM

I'll go in as soon as I get home and add those that haven't been added to my friends list. At 7:30pm PST I'll open the room and we can begin.

Characters: Use anyone you like
Kart/Bike: Use any that you like
Tracks: Always pick "Random"
Controls: Wii Wheel ONLY

Note: I do prefer the controls of the Wii Remote/Nunchuck more than the wheel. However, I feel using the wheel would make for an interesting tournament, especially for those like myself who pretty much use only the remote/nunchuck.

Last edited by C-Mart; 05-14-08 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-14-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm there. I still need a lot of peeps to add me though.
Old 05-14-08, 05:06 PM

I'm certainly interested in giving it another go after not finishing too high last time, but I have zero interest in playing using the Wii Wheel, that thing got tossed aside as soon as I opened the box. I've only been using the Classic Controller.

I might pop on afterwards to see if you guys are still on just playing some general games and get in on that.
Old 05-14-08, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by JChaos
I'm certainly interested in giving it another go after not finishing too high last time, but I have zero interest in playing using the Wii Wheel, that thing got tossed aside as soon as I opened the box. I've only been using the Classic Controller.

I might pop on afterwards to see if you guys are still on just playing some general games and get in on that.
That's too bad. I just think it adds a neat element to the game. If you haven't used it then you should at least give it a shot. It's all just for fun after all.

I haven't used the wheel myself in a while, so it will take some getting used to for me as well. To each his/her own I suppose, but I hope you join us.
Old 05-14-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Damn my 3am shift......no tourney for me tonight...
Old 05-14-08, 06:58 PM

I'm outta here! I'll see you all in a couple of hours... man I hate my commute!
Old 05-14-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have added everyone on the first post of the thread, if you had a Wii code I used that, otherwise I used your MK code.

My MK code is now in my signature.
The only friends I can see in my list are Steebo and MadonnaMan.
I had sent Mario Kart mail to everyone with Wii codes earlier this week.
Old 05-14-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This going on tonight? Damn I havent added a person yet! I dont even know how

Okay I found out how on the MKWii channel thing. Im doing it through the find a friend and it says that you guys have to okay me first. Im not seeing anything telling me to okay someone else so how does all this work?

Last edited by Ravenous; 05-14-08 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-14-08, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777
Still waiting on the following to add me:

To their MK Address book:

*Ravenous: 1977-0748-1136
Just added your MKWii code, but it says I have to wait for an answer from you... do they expire after awhile or something? I added mostly everyone here just now so I guess you guys have to add me.
Old 05-14-08, 09:13 PM

People I've added that only show up as question marks in my list:
Qrusher14242
awil1026
rocketsauce
sauce07
Dave Ninja
Old 05-14-08, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where do I go to connect to the room? Will I receive Kart mail?
Old 05-14-08, 09:29 PM

I'm opening the room now. You should see it if you go to Find a friend.
Old 05-14-08, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the race!

Sorry for some of the seemingly random messages -- I accidentally hit send when I was scrolling through the messages. Still getting used to that message set-up. I was hitting random course names when I wanted to scroll.
Old 05-14-08, 11:35 PM

Good races everyone! We had 4 show up for the first 2 sets of races, then 2 of us hung out and raced a couple more sets. I take pictures of the screens as we finish the races to keep track of points, but my camera ran out of batteries right after the last photo. As soon as I get some charge on it and get a few minutes, I'll post up the scores.
Old 05-15-08, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by C-Mart
Good races everyone! We had 4 show up for the first 2 sets of races, then 2 of us hung out and raced a couple more sets. I take pictures of the screens as we finish the races to keep track of points, but my camera ran out of batteries right after the last photo. As soon as I get some charge on it and get a few minutes, I'll post up the scores.
Thanks that was fun (even though I think I lost just about every race).
I had the same problem as Jadzia with the messages, so I probably seemed a little incoherent.

At one point I think I sent "how about random?" immediately followed by something like "How about a different track?".
Old 05-15-08, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry I was unable to make it last night gang. Thought I might stay up a little late to do some racing; unfortunately, I was half right (got to stay up late, but it was due to the wee one not feeling well). Oh well, there's always next time!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.