Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Xbox 360 Thread - Part IIIIIIIIIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Yeah, check your Live messages - there was a note there last week that said Live would be down today for 8 hours for maintenance/upgrades.
Old 04-21-08, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xmiyux
It was going to be out for maintenance for a bit today, i thought i had read it was done though. I haven't personally tried... i just remember getting a message from Live on the 360 about a scheduled outage today for some minor update (with no new features).
No, we already got that minor update. It was for the setting up of future updates. So, I guess they had to update the code to allow for future updates that will have new and exciting features.

Chris
Old 04-21-08, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, check your Live messages - there was a note there last week that said Live would be down today for 8 hours for maintenance/upgrades.
Yeah, I know about that, but that was supposed to be over like... 6 hours ago?

Last edited by Music; 04-21-08 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-21-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update should be complete. Major Nelson also posted 2 new originals:

Two new Xbox Originals now available (and the scheduled maintenance is complete)
Now that the Xbox LIVE Scheduled Maintenance is now complete1, two new Xbox LIVE Originals are available in the Marketplace*:

Content: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Japan and Korea
Dash Text: [ESRB: M (MATURE) BLOOD, VIOLENCE, STRONG LANGUAGE] Players 1-2, System Link: 2-4, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 2-4, 5.1 Surround Sound. GAME-PLAY ALERT: This game has been fully tested to successfully play on your Xbox 360 console. However, in some cases, you may see some minor irregularities with audio/video for brief periods. For more details, see www.xbox.com/xboxoriginals. The next installment of the critically acclaimed stealth-action franchise, Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Chaos Theory™ sends Sam Fisher on a perilous mission to stop a cyberterrorist plot that threatens worldwide war. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
Size: 5.39 GB

Content: Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Price: 1200 Microsoft Points
Availability: Not available in Japan
Dash Text: [PEGI: 12+] Single Player, 5.1 Surround Sound. GAME-PLAY ALERT: This game has been fully tested to successfully play on your Xbox 360 console. However, in some cases, you may see some minor irregularities with audio/video for brief periods. For more details, see www.xbox.com/xboxoriginals. Blast your way to victory as Glitch, the gun-slinging, half-ton menacing bot of Droid City. Found as scrap metal, but transformed into destructive machinery, Glitch is determined to free his people from the evil clutches of General Corrosive and his maniacal army of Mil bots. Unleash a world of pain as you annihilate the General’s sinister plan to dominate the world and salvage the robot race in Metal Arms! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
Size: 1.61 GB
Old 04-21-08, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Metal Arms was a fun game but on the OG Xbox it had screen tearing that made we want to vomit. Never have i had a game induce the dizziness and vertigo sensation like that one.
Old 04-21-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
Update should be complete. Major Nelson also posted 2 new originals:

Two new Xbox Originals now available (and the scheduled maintenance is complete)
Now that the Xbox LIVE Scheduled Maintenance is now complete 1, two new Xbox LIVE Originals are available in the Marketplace*:
1 Edit: A few folks may still be seeing sign in or matchmaking issues. Engineers are looking in to this at this time.
Old 04-22-08, 10:24 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Okay, I just bought one of these things over the weekend, and the console has narrow green bars to the side of the picture all the time, no matter what I'm doing. Is this normal behavior? I tried to google it, but couldn't find anything.
Old 04-22-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Okay, I just bought one of these things over the weekend, and the console has narrow green bars to the side of the picture all the time, no matter what I'm doing. Is this normal behavior? I tried to google it, but couldn't find anything.
Tell us more about how you're connected, and your settings within the console (widescreen, etc). Pics would help too.
Old 04-22-08, 10:37 AM

HDMI, LCD television, Widescreen, set to native resolution of 1320x768.
Old 04-22-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

HDMI, LCD television, Widescreen, set to native resolution of 1320x768.
Try standard 720p, see if that works.
Old 04-22-08, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Try standard 720p, see if that works.
Yeah, I was going to see if changing it to 720p or 1080i did the trick, since 1360x768 isn't true 16x9.

I actually wouldn't mind the bars if I could change the color, but they're always green, even when I switch themes.

Last edited by Groucho; 04-22-08 at 10:57 AM.
Old 04-22-08, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Remember there is a switch on the cable itself to go to HD - perhaps that is your issue. It is on the end up against the console itself and is often missed and ships from the factory in a default SDTV position.
Old 04-22-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Remember there is a switch on the cable itself to go to HD - perhaps that is your issue. It is on the end up against the console itself and is often missed and ships from the factory in a default SDTV position.
HDMI
Old 04-22-08, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I was going to see if changing it to 720p or 1080i did the trick, since 1360x768 isn't true 16x9.

I actually wouldn't mind the bars if I could change the color, but they're always green, even when I switch themes.
Are you going through a receiver which may do some scaling? Or direct to the TV?
Old 04-22-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone else still having problems logging into Live?

I got on once or twice last night, but this morning, I couldn't access the Marketplace at all.
Old 04-22-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kakihara1
HDMI
Doh! Missed his post outlining his hookups. Thanks Martini!
Old 04-22-08, 05:25 PM

http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2008-04/...ware-partners/

Netflix’s Silent Hardware Partners?
Filed by Dave Zatz

Interesting news out of Netflix’s quarterly call:

In January, we told you we were working with LG Electronics for a second half of 2008 product launch. At this point, I can tell you we have LG plus three additional partners actively working on integrating our technology into their products. Three of the four partners are major companies which each sell millions of devices per year and will enable the Netflix functionality in some of those devices likely in Q4 of this year. The fourth partner is a small company with which — which will likely launch sooner than Q4.

So who are these guys? I sure hope Sony (PS3), Microsoft (Xbox 360, VMC), TiVo, and/or Apple (ATV) are among the partners. I obviously want to see Netflix Service on a multipurpose device (other than LG’s connected DVD player). And that “small company” has me most intrigued.

(via Hacking Netflix)

Chris
Old 04-22-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If I was MS, I would propose a hostile takeover of Netflix before Sony gets their hands into it.
Old 04-22-08, 05:46 PM
Administrator

i renewed my 1 year membership about 1-2 months ago, but have yet to play
Old 04-22-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Try going into the console/personal settings and changing the theme? or is that too simple. (as in, something you've already done).
Old 04-22-08, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 755 Likes on 492 Posts
Haven't been around for a while, but thought I would just come by for a quick note.

Well, even though I hadn't used it in a quite a while, my 360 has died on me. The last time I used it, many months ago, it was fine. Then when I tried about a month ago, it wouldn't read any disc. When I tried again a week later, it made a grinding noise. I know I shouldn't be shocked that it's busted, but it does suck to be approaching the one year mark from the time I got the console and be waiting for the box to send it to be repaired.
Old 04-22-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
XBL was acting wonky for me tonight.
Old 04-23-08, 01:47 AM

^ Yeah, got home from work around 7:00, played COD 4 for about 30 mins w/ no problems... went to eat dinner... came back an hour and half later and couldn't even sign in to XBL. Tried again about 10:30 PST and it was up and running fine again.
Old 04-23-08, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got bumped from XBL 3 times tonite before a prompt came up stating that I was being
returned to the dash because someone had accessed my account at the same time I
was using it. Logged back in and it worked fine the rest of the night.
Old 04-23-08, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,821 Likes on 1,133 Posts
I also had problems getting on and staying on LIVE last night around 8pm pacific. When I played single player stuff I kept getting "signed out of live" messages.

I'm also wondering if this update/maintenance on their end could've done something to my 360 because I also had a few things happen like lock up type stuff. This wasn't happening before Monday.

The dedicated servers for Frontlines:FOW were also "unavailable" last night too.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 04-23-08 at 05:43 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.