Search this Thread

Old 01-25-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.cheapassgamer.com
Old 01-25-08, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, i don't do game sharing with people i don't know (not even over some "cool" people at CAG). Many things can go wrong...

I have being sharing the games among family members, so far all my treats (they gotta buy me something at some point). However, since i love my family, i don't mind spreading the fun.

PS, PJ Monsters is 7.99 for a limited time, gonna grab it tonight Along with that free X360 game for the December Live issue...
Old 01-25-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How do you game share...would I just log onto my brothers PS3 and he could download stuff, then he logs in and the game is still there?

Just curious, as my bro' has a PS3 in route.
Old 01-25-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
How do you game share...would I just log onto my brothers PS3 and he could download stuff, then he logs in and the game is still there?

Just curious, as my bro' has a PS3 in route.
Create an account on his P$3, the one you login to purchase the games, then DL from your DL history . Of course, you don't need to save the password, so that your brother don't accidentally login as you.
Old 01-25-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,324 Likes on 4,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Frenzy
Anyone here interested in game sharing ? I'm really interested in Castlevania: SOTN and Everyday Shooter. I can offer Super Stardust HD.
Unfortunately I can't buy anything from the US store and the European store is a bad joke.
Frenzy, I have Everyday Shooter and want Super Stardust. I'm just a little fuzzy on how this is done. Help me figure it out and I'm in on this!
Old 01-25-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just read over the steps he mentioned in that link, it is pretty straight forward. Also make sure you don't delete the user account you created to access the other persons games, or they won't function anymore.

Also, I am interested in trading Blast Factor or Pain for Pixeljunk Monsters. If someone wants to trade, just PM me.
Old 01-25-08, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenage
Has anyone bought the new PSN game "PixelJunk Monster"? It seems interesting but I am not sure how the graphics look.
If you want to see what it looks like, there's a trailer available on the PSN. I picked the game up last night and I'm enjoying it. It takes the Desktop Tower Defense concept and builds upon it in some interesting ways.
Old 01-25-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
This is interesting because when I was looking for my PS3 I had BB gift cards so that was pushing me to buy from them. I wanted the 80GB because I knew I wasn't going to find a 60 and I still wanted to play my old PS2 games having just sold my PS2 to a member here. Anyhow I went to three BB stores and none of them had 80GB PS3s, this was just over two weeks ago. I thought it was odd though because I'd been to two of those BB stores just a couple days before Christmas and they had stacks of 80GB units (just my luck) and I had a hard time believing that they'd sold that many $500 units so quickly.

Anyhow two of the BBs told me that they didn't have any and they couldn't order anymore, and one told me I could order one but then when he tried it didn't work for some reason. What is even more odd is then I went to all the stores that are within a couple minute drive (and one in the same plaza) that sell consoles and every single store had at least a couple 80GB units. So I ended up biting the bullet and bought all of my accessories and games at BB with the GC and bought the system at Target. The only thing I can figure is that BB themselves are going to get some exclusive PS3 or have advance knowledge of a new sku or pricedrop and want to purge the 80GB.
With rumors of a white PS3, maybe Best Buy is getting that exclusive.
Old 01-25-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,324 Likes on 4,322 Posts
So if this game swapping thing works, would anyone be interested in trading my bowing game (which is awesome, BTW) for Pain or that new Pixljunk Monster game?
Old 01-25-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
If you want to see what it looks like, there's a trailer available on the PSN. I picked the game up last night and I'm enjoying it. It takes the Desktop Tower Defense concept and builds upon it in some interesting ways.
The Japanese PSN store even has a [full english] demo.
Old 01-25-08, 12:42 PM

Is the PS3 considered a Blu-Ray player by Best Buy? I got this coupon in the mail that is good for 20% off Blu-ray or HD-DVD players. It excludes the 360 add-on and Pioneer Elite players, but it doesn't exclude the PS3.

If I could get 20% off a PS3, that'd be a nice deal.
Old 01-25-08, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It won't, but you could try to argue. The fact the 360 add-on isn't is bizarre, it doesn't have any other uses...
Old 01-25-08, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Juzylle
Is the PS3 considered a Blu-Ray player by Best Buy? I got this coupon in the mail that is good for 20% off Blu-ray or HD-DVD players. It excludes the 360 add-on and Pioneer Elite players, but it doesn't exclude the PS3.

If I could get 20% off a PS3, that'd be a nice deal.
Check the thread about this coupon in the HD forum. It appears that Best Buy may be allowing this. And if the particular store refuses, you're supposed to call their 1-888 # to get a refund for the 20%. I can hardly believe it myself.
Old 01-25-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Well it is marketed as a Blu-ray player so I don't see why it wouldn't count.
Old 01-25-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i definitely want to try that coupon myself... but i don't have the damn coupon

if it's not mentioned, it should work, i don't see why not... and yes, it has been discussed in the HD forum.
Old 01-25-08, 02:03 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Has anyone been able to play x264 files (.mkv HD files) on their PS3?
Old 01-25-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,030 Likes on 816 Posts
Slowly with Linux apparently (very low framerate/unwatchable), but otherwise they aren't supported and no solid workarounds have been found (for x264).
Old 01-25-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Howiefan
Has anyone been able to play x264 files (.mkv HD files) on their PS3?
You can use several tools to convert mkv files to a functional format. I recommend:
- mkv2vob: Converts mkv to a vob, with DD 5.1! Unfortunately no fast forward.
- GOTSent: Converts to a mp4 file. No DD 5.1. Longer processing time.

Not all mkv videos work though.
Old 01-25-08, 02:28 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Frenzy
You can use several tools to convert mkv files to a functional format. I recommend:
- mkv2vob: Converts mkv to a vob, with DD 5.1! Unfortunately no fast forward.
- GOTSent: Converts to a mp4 file. No DD 5.1. Longer processing time.

Not all mkv videos work though.
Great, thanks!

Is there a software I can use to transfer files directly to the PS3's hard drive? I tried just putting files on an external drives but my PS3 won't recognize it.
Old 01-25-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great, thanks!

Is there a software I can use to transfer files directly to the PS3's hard drive? I tried just putting files on an external drives but my PS3 won't recognize it.
http://www.tversity.com/home should do the trick but I never get it working.
Old 01-25-08, 03:08 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
Great, thanks!

I put a couple of avi's on 2GB SD Card last night, and tried it, failed - nothing in the card.

But then I created a Video Folder and put them in there, and magically it worked....

Super cool feature.
Old 01-25-08, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I put a couple of avi's on 2GB SD Card last night, and tried it, failed - nothing in the card.

But then I created a Video Folder and put them in there, and magically it worked....

Super cool feature.
The ability to play video files from an external harddrive is one of my reasons for getting a PS3. (Does a nicer job than the 360 did, IMO)

And with Divx support, I'm in the process of converting all of my DVDs to DivX and putting them on a 750GB or 1TB drive that will be attached to the PS3.
Old 01-25-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,030 Likes on 816 Posts
I actually had an easier time with my 360 than my PS3 for external, but to each their own I suppose. Streaming is being a little bitch with my PS3 Keeps crashing my windows machine.
Old 01-25-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by sracer
The ability to play video files from an external harddrive is one of my reasons for getting a PS3. (Does a nicer job than the 360 did, IMO)

And with Divx support, I'm in the process of converting all of my DVDs to DivX and putting them on a 750GB or 1TB drive that will be attached to the PS3.
Unless the PS3 can recognize NTFS for an external drive and I wasn't aware, be sure you format to FAT32 before you load up all that data . It would really suck ass to have to transfer your stuff off so that you can reformat later on.
Old 01-25-08, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy

Super cool feature.
Hit triangle to show all and you don't have to put them in any folder.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.