Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

official PS3 thread x.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 07:35 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah; I'm starting to think it's impossible to keep the thing dust free, even for a short period of time.
Old 04-29-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pedagogue
CAG is definitely on my list, I've heard it thrown around a bunch.

Here is what I ended up with:

The Orange Box: $29.98+ tx (Target clearance)
Assassin's Creed: $29.99 (Best Buy special this weekend, also at Amazon.com)
Stranglehold: $19.99 (Amazon Deal of the Day.....today, FYI)

I also bought duplicates of these (flipped one set for a $9 profit at Blockbuster)

Madden '07: $10 + tx (Kmart clearance)
Tiger Woods '07: $10 + tx (Kmart clearance)

Worth $10 ea....or should I return?
Awesome prices...
Too bad my PS3 is 3713.936 miles away from me.
Old 04-29-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm a FW original....so cheapness is in my blood!

I started on "Portal" last night, and it was a lot of fun, but 5 minutes in my friend called me, and she totally cut into my gaming time. Once the soccer match is over this afternoon, I shall make up for lost time.....since I'm cutting out of work anyway

ps. I've heard about the dust thing....yuck! I am allergic to dust, so I guess I should invest in some of those Pledge Wipes or whatever.

Last edited by NotThatGuy; 04-29-08 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-29-08, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does anyone know where to pre-order the Gunmetal Grey PS3 (US version)?

Never mind... Play-Asia has it, but for that price, ouch...

Last edited by Ocelot; 04-29-08 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-29-08, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe through whomever is making the game? I assume it is coming out with a particular game?
Old 04-29-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,048 Likes on 751 Posts
Has anyone tried the demo to EchoChrome yet? I think this is going to be one of my favorite games with it comes out. The demo left me wanting more for sure.
Old 04-29-08, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by noonan4224
Has anyone tried the demo to EchoChrome yet? I think this is going to be one of my favorite games with it comes out. The demo left me wanting more for sure.
i believe the PSP version is out... i tried the PSN demo. While i love the idea, but i find the control a bit lacking, i.e. can't turn the objects fast enough. Overall, i find the game very refreshing. Simple graphics, but very powerful presentation.
Old 04-29-08, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I loved it. The demo was pretty fun, and I imagine the later levels will be quite challenging, so I can't wait to download the full version.
Old 04-30-08, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
After just buying a Dual Shock 3 for GTAIV after not having been playing games for a while, I also want those extenders for the analog triggers. What is the best way to get them?

I see that Messiah has a package coming soon with some kind of controller "armor" and the extenders for ~$10: http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3-.../dp/B0013YNL6M. I'm not sure what the point of the armor is, since it only covers the middle of the controller. It seems to me that if something actually needed protecting, it would be the handles. Anyway, I get the feeling they're really selling the extenders but decided to throw in the "armor" to make it a $10 package. I also wonder, would the metal help or hurt the Bluetooth connectivity?

These extenders are apparently distributed with some magazines, but I don't know how or where to get them. I'd probably wind up paying around $10 for them anyway.
Old 04-30-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Extenders....are they really worth it?
Old 04-30-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Portal: Quite fun.....I gut up to 12 or 13 so far.
HL Ep 1: played for like 30 minutes, entertaining enough.
Assassin's Creed: Quite fun, about 40 minutes into that.

I just got "Stranglehold" today from amazon, I'll probably try that tomorrow.

That will probably be it for awhile with games, but so far so good.
Old 04-30-08, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And you still haven't played the best PS3 games

Acording to ratings/buzz: Ratchet, GT, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, etc.
Old 05-01-08, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ratchet & Crank I may pick up at BB, as I have some credit there. CoD4 is on my list too....though I want to work through these games first.
Old 05-01-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just a heads-up for those who hadn't heard: later today they will be releasing two versions of Echochrome - one for the PS3 and one for the PSP. Each will cost $10 and have a little over 50 unique puzzles. In other words, the 50+ levels in the PS3 version are different from the 50+ levels in the PSP version. I forget the exact number and I can't check game sites at work, but the info is out there if you look around. I will be getting the PSP version since this game seems suited to portable play, but if I can finish all or most of the levels, I may eventually get the PS3 version too.
Old 05-01-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 938 Likes on 661 Posts
Is that limited pricing? I haven't checked out the demo yet, but anticipate loving it.
Old 05-01-08, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Is that limited pricing? I haven't checked out the demo yet, but anticipate loving it.
I'd like to know too......

I saw some awesome user submitted levels (in japan) with this.....I think it was on PS3 FanBoy.
Old 05-01-08, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Played the demo. Way too short. Shows great promise for the full game though.
Old 05-02-08, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by darkside
Just noticed this product for sale that could answer many of our Guitar Hero issues on the PS3.

http://store.theantcommandos.com/pro...r-ps3-adpt.htm

I have used my PS2 controller with a generic PS2 to USB adaptor and it works for GHI and II, but does not allow whammy bar or hammer ons and pull offs. This looks like it could be the ultimate solution if it works as advertised. It is supposed to make the PS2 guitars compatible with the PS2 GH games, PS3 GHIII and PS3 Rockband.

It is $20 and is supposed to ship in the next couple of weeks. I ordered one and when I get it I will test it out and let everyone know if it works. They also have $50 guitars that work with all games as well, but I already have a perfectly good Red Octane PS2 guitar and would rather use that and save the money. I don't need a whole collection of plastic guitars.
I just bought the bass guitar these guys are selling. It's supposed to ship "late-april to early-may" so hopefully that means I'll get it soon.

I would have rather supported EA and Harmonix by buying from them, but this guitar was just too cool to pass on. Will report back here with pics/reviews after I try it out.
Old 05-02-08, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any word on when we can pre-order the PS3/Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle? I read on Yahoo Answers from an alleged GameStop employee who said pre-orders would start being accepted on April 20th. I check Amazon and Buy, neither are accepting pre-orders. I also called one of the many GameStop locations near me and they said, rudely, that pre-orders weren't being accepted yet and they may not accept pre-orders at all... Could this employee be mistaken, or do pre-order dates vary by location? I don't care where I have to pre-order it, I just want to ensure that I get my bundle as soon as possible.
Old 05-02-08, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,050 Likes on 831 Posts
Originally Posted by John Slider
Any word on when we can pre-order the PS3/Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle? I read on Yahoo Answers from an alleged GameStop employee who said pre-orders would start being accepted on April 20th. I check Amazon and Buy, neither are accepting pre-orders. I also called one of the many GameStop locations near me and they said, rudely, that pre-orders weren't being accepted yet and they may not accept pre-orders at all... Could this employee be mistaken, or do pre-order dates vary by location? I don't care where I have to pre-order it, I just want to ensure that I get my bundle as soon as possible.

Buy.com is accepting pre-orders.

http://www.buy.com/prod/playstation-...207932546.html
Old 05-02-08, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks. I feel like an idiot. I don't know why I didn't see that when I searched their website. Sorry.
Old 05-02-08, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
If it is a limited-time price, I haven't seen anything anywhere to indicate as such. My guess is that it will be at $10 for a while. They may do a sale on it later.

I got the PSP version and it's pretty fun. I've only played through about 15 of the levels (the easier ones) and now they are starting to get a bit challenging. The music is great, too.
Old 05-02-08, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
If it is a limited-time price, I haven't seen anything anywhere to indicate as such. My guess is that it will be at $10 for a while. They may do a sale on it later.

I got the PSP version and it's pretty fun. I've only played through about 15 of the levels (the easier ones) and now they are starting to get a bit challenging. The music is great, too.
The music is awesome. I played through the demo again today. I love it and will definitely be getting the full game at some point.
Old 05-03-08, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought my first HDTV (Vizio 26 inch) and I'd like to start buying Blu-Ray discs and that sort of thing now. I figure that since I play games, the PS3 would be my best bet to get the most for my money.

That said, when would be the best time to pick up a PS3? Are there any deals going on right now? Should I wait a while for any upcoming packages like the MGS pack posted above (that's a game I must own for sure)? Or heck, which version of the PS3 should I buy to get the most out of it?

The first few games I would buy for it are the Ratchet & Clank game, Uncharted, and the new MGS that's coming out.

Is the following from About.com still accurate?

The real question is, which one should you buy? Here are my picks, in order:

PlayStation 3 (PS3) 60GB version
The 60 gigabyte PlayStation 3 is one of the originals, alongside the 20GB model, and is my pick for the best PS3 to buy.
The 60GB features everything the 80GB model does and has one key advantage: the Emotion Engine.

The Emotion Engine is the brains behind the PS2. The 60GB and 20GB PS3s have one built in, the 80GB version does not. This means that the 60GB version of the PS3 is fully backwards compatible with PS2 and PSone games. The 80GB version is only partially so.

The 60GB version of the PS3 is currently on sale and will not be continued once the existing stock is sold-out. Buy it while you still can.
When will the DualShock 3 come packed with any of the systems? Will the MGS pack be the first one?

I'm thinking of buying a 60GB to make sure the PS2 playback works fine (if the above is correct), then picking up a DS3 online. Eh, who knows.

Last edited by Brent L; 05-03-08 at 01:29 PM.
Old 05-03-08, 02:01 PM
Banned

I say get the 40GB package at Costco. Comes with R&C, an extra SIXAXIS, the BluRay remote, and the Spiderman 3 PS3 40GB bundle.

I think it's $519 or something like that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.