Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abrg923
Can we get DVD Josh & lotsofdvds to delete their posts, so Shagrath is back at #2? His post was quite helpful.
I threw all that info back into post #4. If those guys don't want to delete their posts, then I guess the "DLC Post #2" will become "DLC Post #4". Not a huge deal, but I'd rather be close to the top so that more people would notice. Glad people dig it.
Old 01-21-08, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
I threw all that info back into post #4. If those guys don't want to delete their posts, then I guess the "DLC Post #2" will become "DLC Post #4". Not a huge deal, but I'd rather be close to the top so that more people would notice. Glad people dig it.
I'm already anxiously waiting for you post next week for Coheed & Rush.
Old 01-21-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this is a stupid question, but I just finished career drums on easy and there are a bunch of songs still locked. How do I unlock the rest? The only new songs are the bonus thing (in rio maybe?) Are they there?
Old 01-21-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah the Bonus songs and Downloadable songs count towards your career, as well as earn you money.
Old 01-22-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

still not sure i understand...do you need a certain overall score or amount of money to unlock boston, etc.?
Old 01-22-08, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
still not sure i understand...do you need a certain overall score or amount of money to unlock boston, etc.?
Maybe you have to do it on at least Medium to unlock the last couple of tiers...? I didn't play through Easy, so I can't say for sure.
Old 01-22-08, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
I know this is a stupid question, but I just finished career drums on easy and there are a bunch of songs still locked. How do I unlock the rest? The only new songs are the bonus thing (in rio maybe?) Are they there?
When I first got the game, I beat the solo career on easy drums, and I didn't have all the songs. One of the songs I was really looking forward to was Enter Sandman. I didn't get to unlock that until I beat the solo career on medium guitar. So I'm pretty sure you just have to beat the solo tour with any instrument on medium to unlock them all.
Old 01-22-08, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That is correct...you have to do medium to unlock everything.
Old 01-22-08, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

DLC Post #2 (I mean #4) updated with Oasis vids. Haven't got tiering in yet, as I'm not going to buy the songs and have to wait a little bit for that info.
Old 01-22-08, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really glad I didn't jump on Wonderwall when it first went up this morning. Damn the guitar part is enough to put you to sleep.
Old 01-22-08, 08:09 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by abrg923
Can we get DVD Josh & lotsofdvds to delete their posts, so Shagrath is back at #2? His post was quite helpful.
Done and done.

Here's the info that got deleted though:

This site links to a rather useful looking database...

http://www.rockbandcontent.com/rbc/blog/
Old 01-22-08, 08:10 AM
Suspended

I need more of you guys on my friends list so I can compare scores. I'm going to add those of you who have your gamertags in your sigs, but please feel free to send me an invite too. I like having a lot of competition for top score... keeps the game fresh.
Old 01-22-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for deleting posts #2 and #3 guys, you rock! I added in the drum videos and tiering on the Oasis songs as well, so we're completely up to date for this week.
Old 01-22-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Haha again their rating system confuses me, Blink 182 was way harder than Live Forever but oh well.

Thanks for the speedy posts
Old 01-22-08, 09:10 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll get the Oasis pack...might not be the most exciting songs to play, but I like just playing a nice relaxing some from time to time.
Old 01-22-08, 09:21 AM
Suspended

The Freezepop song on the OXM disc... are you even playing guitar or did they just match up a synth track to the notes? I've never felt more of a disconnect from the song then when I played that one last night.
Old 01-22-08, 09:48 AM

Anyone wants to add me that's cool. Name is in sig.
Old 01-22-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shagrath
Thanks for deleting posts #2 and #3 guys, you rock! I added in the drum videos and tiering on the Oasis songs as well, so we're completely up to date for this week.
Awesome work as usual. Even knowing the songs, getting a look at the charts is a huge benefit.
Old 01-22-08, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the updated vids!

Don't really like Oasis, so probably skip those. Smashing Pumpkins next week is good, off my favorite album of theirs.

Otherwise though, I wonder why they choose to release cover songs when there's so many original versions of other things to be had? Do they make more money off the covers?
Old 01-22-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally Posted by naitram
Otherwise though, I wonder why they choose to release cover songs when there's so many original versions of other things to be had? Do they make more money off the covers?
Less legwork, I guess? If they're recording a cover from scratch, Harmonix knows they have exactly what they need and where to find it. Maybe there's less to negotiate as well.

This might get better when more artists and/or their labels are intrigued enough with the concept to 'push' songs their way, with everything Harmonix would need already compiled for them.
Old 01-22-08, 12:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by naitram
I think it has more to do with having access to more than just the master recording. For the game to work properly they have to have the drum track separate from the guitar track and the bass track, for example.

Didn't GHIII reunite Living Colour for a new version of Cult of Personality? They probably wanted to use the song but the individual guitar track no longer existed, so the band just re-recorded it.

UPDATE: Yeah, that's exactly what happened, according to Wikipedia anyway...

Originally Posted by wikipedia
"Cult of Personality" appears as the seventh encore track in the main career for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. The master tracks for the song couldn't be found.
Old 01-22-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I seem to remember them having an advisory team in place to choose the best songs, as well as them trying to accomodate the most requested.

The supposed bottom line for master vs. covers is that Harmonix has said that they will not use a cover unless the original multi-track master does not exist, or if the price requested is simply too much. With the Coheed and Cambria tune upcoming (when Welcome Home was a master), I don't know where that fits in.
Old 01-22-08, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
With the Coheed and Cambria tune upcoming (when Welcome Home was a master), I don't know where that fits in.
I'm hoping it was a typo.
Old 01-22-08, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I'm hoping it was a typo.
Nope, Harmonix made the official announcement on the RB forums and it is a cover. No reason given that I saw.
Old 01-22-08, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.