Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wii shooter games, Zapper, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-08, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nyko.com

I was able to order to from the Nyko Store.
Old 05-03-08, 09:50 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i've ordered a perfect shot, can't wait !
Old 05-04-08, 10:04 PM
RVP

I saw a Perfect Shot at Circuit City for $14.99 yesterday.
Old 05-05-08, 11:36 AM

yeah this weekend i was just playing hotd 2/3 and ghost squad with the two perfect shots that just came in. dual welding is the best. you cant do any of the action buttons for ghost squad when you dual weld, but its fun as hell.
Old 05-05-08, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So no news on new shooters coming out?

I want Jurassic Park and Revolution X!
Old 05-05-08, 05:28 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Konami just release Wii Target Terror. The IGN review is hilarious, the score was very low (3.5), but the review raved about the game.
Originally Posted by IGN
Believe us when we tell you it's one of the worst games on Wii technically, has terrible environments, cheesy VO, and some of the sketchiest gameplay out there.

Also believe us when we tell you it kicks ass.
Old 05-06-08, 11:42 AM

yeah i want to get resident evil umbrella chronicles next. i'd bite on target terror when it's $20 or below
Old 05-07-08, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

it seems gamestop is having a promotion if you buy the Perfect Shot you get HOTD 2&3 for $20 bucks. so total for both is $35 I just did this at my Local GS on Sunday good deal.
I have the perfect shot and the zapper and the PS is 10x better.
Old 05-07-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think i'll grab a zapper this week.
Old 05-10-08, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by squidget
it seems gamestop is having a promotion if you buy the Perfect Shot you get HOTD 2&3 for $20 bucks. so total for both is $35 I just did this at my Local GS on Sunday good deal.
I have the perfect shot and the zapper and the PS is 10x better.
i would like to get in on this deal, but i don't see it advertised anywhere. is this a national thing?
Old 05-12-08, 02:45 PM

Anyone here playing Ghost Squad? How the HELL do you get 100% on AirForce One and the Jungle levels? Im at 92% and have everything open and take different paths but its not letting me complete em! Im on level 12 on all of them. Any help?
Old 05-12-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lokutus1
i would like to get in on this deal, but i don't see it advertised anywhere. is this a national thing?
it wasn't advertised(at least at my store) it just rang up that way. apparently deal is good with ghost squad as well (instead of HOTD)
Old 05-25-08, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Finally bought a Perfect Shot today at Fry's. I'll give it a go with Ghost Squad later. If it works out, i'll probably try and get HOD2&3.
Old 05-27-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,946 Likes on 1,506 Posts
Yeah, it seems like the Perfect Shot "shortage" is over, as I saw tons of them at my local Best Buy this past weekend.
Old 05-30-08, 12:58 PM

Does anyone know if you can use the Wii Zapper with Resident Evil 4?
Old 05-30-08, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ckw4b
Does anyone know if you can use the Wii Zapper with Resident Evil 4?
You can't.
Old 05-30-08, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Picked up another Perfect Shot tonight along with House of the Dead 2 & 3. Tons of Perfect Shots at Best Buy. Cool stuff.
Old 06-08-08, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone who had Medal of Honor Heroes 2: is it worth buying just for the light gun portion? I'm craving another light gun game after playing House of the Dead for a while. But I already have MOH: H2 for the PSP, so I doubt I'd enjoy playing the whole standard campaign mode again, if it's exactly the same game, but the "rail shooter" part sounds great. Worth $50 for that part of it?
Old 06-10-08, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xytraguptorh
Anyone who had Medal of Honor Heroes 2: is it worth buying just for the light gun portion? I'm craving another light gun game after playing House of the Dead for a while. But I already have MOH: H2 for the PSP, so I doubt I'd enjoy playing the whole standard campaign mode again, if it's exactly the same game, but the "rail shooter" part sounds great. Worth $50 for that part of it?
Yes, although you can get it for less than US$50. The rail shooter takes you through all of the long scenarios (3 difficulty levels) with med packs to shoot to regain health. It's a nice, very long, light gun adventure and is great with the zapper. (The thumbstick is used to duck.)
Old 06-11-08, 11:42 AM

fyi, ghost squad is currently $19.99 at amazon.com. i picked it up along with another perfect shot.
Old 06-11-08, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by lokutus1
fyi, ghost squad is currently $19.99 at amazon.com. i picked it up along with another perfect shot.
I actually just found Ghost Squad at Costco for $15.99 a couple days ago. When I went to check out it rung up with an instant $5.00 coupon; so I got it for $10.99 before tax.

Apparently Costco has a bunch bunch of Wii titles at the same price right now. Here's a list of available titles according to Callmesteam over at CAG:

- Counter Force
- Ultimate Board Game Collection
- M&M Kart Racing
- Ghost Squad
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
- Williams Pinball Hall of Fame (yes, the one Ship is always talking about)
- Alien Syndrome
- Indianapolis 500 Legends
- Pool Party
- Sonic and the Secret Rings
- SSX Blur
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Cars
- Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge
- Mercury Meltdown:Revolution
- Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
- MonkeyBall:Banana Blitz
- Code Lyoko:Quest for Infinity
- Arctic Tale
- Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Old 06-11-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Picked up the Nyko (Best Buy) w/ HOTD 2 and 3 ($20 at Gamestop as part of their Gamedays sale)

I like it overall but the trigger wears the finger out. I can't calibrate quite as well as I'd like on my projector, but well enough to enjoy.
Old 08-19-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

THEY’VE COME FOR BRAINS, YOU’LL GIVE THEM BULLETS

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Brings Pulp Horror Action to Wii

LEIPZIG (August 19th, 2008) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced The House of the Dead: OVERKILL, an all-new pulp-horror reinvention of the classic SEGA light-gun shooter franchise. Created by London-based studio Headstrong Games, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will take you right back to the beginning of this classic horror series. Available exclusively on the Nintendo Wii early in 2009 and announced to coincide with Games Convention at Leipzig, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be presented live by developer Headstrong Games for specially invited members of the press in SEGA’s business centre suite.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL uncovers the ugly, terrifying, red hot secrets behind the House of the Dead; the daddy of all over-the-top shooters. While staying true to the classic gameplay this hugely successful SEGA series is getting a new retro look, with distinctive graphics, sound and attitude that will add to its horror cool status. Plus, thanks to the Wii Remote™, players will fight off zombies when they get too close; pistol-whipping jaws off and smashing in skulls with their shotgun butt.

“We wanted to do something really different with The House of the Dead: OVERKILL,” commented Bradley Crooks, Studio Head at Headstrong Games. “With SEGA we’ve been able to create a fresh look for the franchise. I think you’ll agree it’s like nothing you’ve seen before on Wii.”

“Paying homage to the pulp horror comics and films that inspired generations of gore fans, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will expose gamers to a brand-new fleshy rollercoaster ride of revolting dismemberment,” commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director at SEGA Europe. “This is the hardcore Wii title you’ve been waiting for.”

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL takes you back to when Special Agent G was fresh out of the academy. Teamed up with hard-boiled bad-ass Detective Washington, they are sent to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little do they know what blood-soaked mutant depravity awaits them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City…

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be released in early 2009, exclusively for Nintendo Wii. For more information about the game, please visit www.houseofthedeadoverkill.com.

Check out our YouTube channel for the UNCUT version of the trailer – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKUD2sLE5rM
Awesome!
Old 09-27-08, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1. So the consensus from people who have played both is that the Perfect Shot is the best on the market?

2. The best games for the Perfect Shot/Zapper in order are:

Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Ghost Squad
Resident Evil UC
House of the Dead 2/3

I would really appreciate some insight before I go buy and if I missed any PS/Zapper games, let me know. Thanks!
Old 09-28-08, 02:15 AM

Playing house of the dead 2/3 and FUCK DO I HATE THIS GAME

Its a bitch. We cant beat it for shit! The dialogue is soooooo annoying. I truly dread having to play it. I was looking forward to Overkill but after playing this mess, not anymore.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.