Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread, 3

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
I feel the exact same way, and it's the main reason I make my own custom discs on the PS2. A lot of awesome chart-makers out there, but it just doesn't feel the same at all.
Elaborate.
Old 12-17-07, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by cartman
The big problem I'd have with "make your own" songs for RB (or GH) is the same problem I have with the fan made charts that have come out already. That is that the song just plays non stop no matter what "notes" you miss in the unofficial releases. In RB and GH, if you miss a "note", it's not played in the song. While very simple, that makes me not enjoy playing them at all. It's as if I'm not playing the game any more, I suppose, so if a song isn't done in that manner, I'd rather just play it on my guitar. I love RB (and the GH's before it), but that small difference between the actual songs and fan made ones really means a lot to my enjoyment of the games. I'd expect almsot no one to hold the same opinion, though .
The only exception to this I can think of is that one Nine Inch Nails song and the most recent Barenaked Ladies album. I believe both released multiple tracks for songs for free.
Old 12-17-07, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
Elaborate.
Actually, I meant to say it's the main reason I don't make custom discs for the PS2.
Old 12-17-07, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Rocker,

We know you've experienced some longer than expected delays in the replacement of your guitar and we hope that has been resolved to your satisfaction.

The holidays are here and as promised, the Rock Band Team would like to thank you for hanging in there with us through this busy season by giving you a special gift … a FREE EA Game!

The link below will take you to a web page where you can choose from a list of EA Games. YOU MUST REQUEST YOUR FREE EA GAME BY JANUARY 11, 2008! The sooner you make your request, the sooner you’ll receive your FREE EA Game. Your selection will be sent to the same address where you received your replacement guitar, free of charge!

FREE EA Game Form

Thank you again for your patience and understanding during this process. All of us on the Rock Band Team wish you and your family the very best this holiday season.
Sincerely,
The Rock Band Team at Harmonix, MTV and EA
Wow, that couldn't have been easier. I just selected a game from the list and clicked "submit." I've got The Simpsons Game for PS3 coming my way, thanks EA!
Old 12-17-07, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Wow, that couldn't have been easier. I just selected a game from the list and clicked "submit." I've got The Simpsons Game for PS3 coming my way, thanks EA!
skate. is also on the list along with Rock Band. Good selections really. I ended up ordering Rock Band since I returned my set, but still want the game. I already have a usb mic so I will just pick up a guitar next year when they start selling them individually. (Maybe the Activision thing will get worked out as well so I can get a GH3 guitar)
Old 12-17-07, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

How can you make custom discs?
Old 12-17-07, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I may have to order a replacment guitar. Today, my guitar was missing some really easy notes. I was strumming, but I don't think it was registering.
Old 12-18-07, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How the hell do people make their own song charts and play them?
Old 12-18-07, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I think they do that on Modded PS2s and GHI or II.
Old 12-18-07, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone grab the new DLC yet?
Old 12-18-07, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The DLC isn't up yet for me.
Old 12-18-07, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

27 days after putting in my express warranty request and and i still dont have a replacement.

I'd kindly appreciate if everyone in here would submit replacement requests to waste EA's time and money.
Old 12-18-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kaze0
27 days after putting in my express warranty request and and i still dont have a replacement.

I'd kindly appreciate if everyone in here would submit replacement requests to waste EA's time and money.
That's probably not a good idea, as it will just clog up the channel for the legit requests. Have you tried giving them a call or sending off an email to see what the status of your request is?

I got my Strat coffin last weekend and sent it off on Monday. I also got my free game email today and went ahead and submitted for that. If you have the 360 version, the wait isn't so bad, as the Les Paul's and XPlorer's work just fine. I didn't even really have a chance to get to use my Strat before downstrum stopped working. I want to like that guitar, but it'd really take some getting used to.
Old 12-18-07, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's the story,

Nov 21 put first request for an EXPRESS drum pad replacement. I waited a week and contacted them an they said there are delays due to the holiday but it should ship soon. Waited 2 days contact again. Same story. This was all done through their online support questions thing. Everytime I ocntacted them I told them my tracking number and RMA number but they would respond back telling me the same information. Same story for the next week and a half and 5 contacts basically, then I get told that the delay is due to my shipping address being incorrect. I tell them that it is correct, it still takes some time to finally ship.

Through this entire process I'm telling them that I purchased the game specifcally for an event on December 15th. I'm assured that I'll get a replacement before then.

Finally they ship out what turns out to be an empty box for a guitar. The packing list says drum pads but they manage to not only send me and empty box, but to send the wrong box. I received this Wednesday of last week and imemdiately called them up and explained the story. The guy on the phone was rude and said theres nothing for them to do except try again. I still havent received the replacement.

I also havent recieved any offer of a free game. At this point I'd like to get my money back.

Last edited by kaze0; 12-18-07 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-18-07, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Here's the story,

Nov 21 put first request for an EXPRESS drum pad replacement. I waited a week and contacted them an they said there are delays due to the holiday but it should ship soon. Waited 2 days contact again. Same story. This was all done through their online support questions thing. Everytime I ocntacted them I told them my tracking number and RMA number but they would respond back telling me the same information. Same story for the next week and a half and 5 contacts basically, then I get told that the delay is due to my shipping address being incorrect. I tell them that it is correct, it still takes some time to finally ship.

Through this entire process I'm telling them that I purchased the game specifcally for an event on December 15th. I'm assured that I'll get a replacement before then.

Finally they ship out what turns out to be an empty box for a guitar. The packing list says drum pads but they manage to not only send me and empty box, but to send the wrong box. I received this Wednesday of last week and imemdiately called them up and explained the story. The guy on the phone was rude and said theres nothing for them to do except try again. I still havent received the replacement.

I also havent recieved any offer of a free game. At this point I'd like to get my money back.
You must have slept with someone's wife at EA.
Old 12-18-07, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
You must have slept with someone's wife at EA.
Not that I'm aware of.
Old 12-18-07, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Not that I'm aware of.
Someone's husband?
Old 12-18-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wait a second - kaze0 had sex with John Madden?
Old 12-18-07, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
The DLC isn't up yet for me.
When I checked this morning, only the Punk pack #1 was there. What comes out this week?
Old 12-18-07, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by achau9598
When I checked this morning, only the Punk pack #1 was there. What comes out this week?
"My Iron Lung"[12] Radiohead December 18, 2007 $1.99 (160 MSP)
"Brass in Pocket"[12] The Pretenders December 18, 2007 $1.99 (160 MSP)
"Buddy Holly"[12] Weezer December 18, 2007 $1.99 (160 MSP)
Old 12-18-07, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am so jonesing for today's DLC, but it's not up yet. The others have always been up by this point.
Old 12-18-07, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lordwow
"My Iron Lung"[12] Radiohead December 18, 2007 $1.99 (160 MSP)
"Brass in Pocket"[12] The Pretenders December 18, 2007 $1.99 (160 MSP)
"Buddy Holly"[12] Weezer December 18, 2007 $1.99 (160 MSP)
I will buy all of these when Santa gives me my RB in a week.
Old 12-18-07, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay guys I need some RB-related help. My wife bought me this for xmas but we celebrate at her folks 400 miles away. We are driving, but I don't see the point in bringing such a huge box down just to put under the tree and have to lug it back up. There's no PS3 down there anyway.

I was thinking that if there was a cool ad, I could print it out in color and have her put it in an envelope for me and put that under the tree. It would show everyone what I got without having the bulk of the gift.

Anyone got any recommendations or suggestions as to what image to use?
Old 12-18-07, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Here's the story,

Sounds horrible. I did mine via telephone and got everything taken care of in under a week.
Old 12-18-07, 11:07 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Anyone got any recommendations or suggestions as to what image to use?
You're just asking for trouble.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.