Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread, 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh - I downloaded Interstate Love Song yesterday, and owned that shit on medium drums. I think I missed maybe half-dozen notes. So I was like "Shit yeah, bring on hard bitch!" Managed only 24k score, 3 stars and 80% hit. So I hung my head in shame, and went back to five star things on medium. It's the off beat kicks that kill me. Dammit for not being musically inclined! But I'll be damned if I'm not having a fucking blast playing this game.
Old 01-09-08, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
I would consider buying this if it doubled as a real electronic kit. If not, you'd have to be fucking crazy.
Old 01-09-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I would consider buying this if it doubled as a real electronic kit. If not, you'd have to be fucking crazy.
Good call.

I'm actually hoping for a drum tutor video, or a more dedicated drumming game.
Old 01-09-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Good call.

I'm actually hoping for a drum tutor video, or a more dedicated drumming game.
It'd have to be USB-based so at the very least it would be (most likely) compatible with PCs (like the current RB drums are, with a little tweaking). At which time just download DTXMania and enjoy (Freeware AFAIK)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zW7Vxs0L2lI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zW7Vxs0L2lI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

To note, if you can find the files for em, some songs support Drums and Guitar/Bass. You can use the X360/USB Guitar for em as well (only use 3 keys, hard as hell tho).

A closer look at the actual interface:

Spoiler:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GH4kTQShbSc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GH4kTQShbSc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JXqRCL7zY8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2JXqRCL7zY8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited by RichC2; 01-09-08 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-09-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I beat Run to the Hills on the Hard drum career last night. I only got 3 stars and just barely made it through, but at least I finished it.
Old 01-09-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Congrats!! Tis a bitch isn't it? And is it just me or does the forum still hang a hell of a lot?
Old 01-09-08, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As if all the extra equipment we've purchased to add to the experience isn't fucking crazy? Granted, a $20 mic stand and a $40 drum throne surely come nowhere near the price of this drum kid. I doubt I'd ever pick it up, regardless of price. I can barely muddle through Medium drums, so I have practically resigned myself to just guitar and vocals. Expert vocalists are in just as much demand as expert drummers, so I guess it works out okay.
Old 01-09-08, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It definitely was a tough song, and I only got through it by playing in a very hyperactive and spastic fashion, and with very careful use of Overdrive. I saw a video of someone 5-starring it on Expert, and I was in awe.
Old 01-09-08, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
It'd have to be USB-based so at the very least it would be (most likely) compatible with PCs (like the current RB drums are, with a little tweaking). At which time just download DTXMania and enjoy
All 360 periphs are gonna be USB, so that's a given.
Old 01-09-08, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am not a horrible singer, but I could not find what pitch the game wanted me at on JBH. I have excellent pitch (near perfect) and I was singing on key.
I'm a decent singer, about to complete the medium solo tour. There are a couple of songs where I just can't hit certain notes. I took years of music theory, so I can do a scale like the back of my hand, and a lot of times one note to the next will jump from the very bottom to about half way up. I have absolutely no problems with high notes, but the lower range seems to have problems differentiating between notes.
Old 01-09-08, 02:52 PM

I'm a horrible singer, but somehow have almost finished vocals on hard. I just can't seem to finish Run to the Hills and whatever comes after it. It's almost given me confidence to sing in front of other people. Almost that is.
Old 01-09-08, 03:27 PM
Banned

I don't understand the vocal problems, I breezed through all the tiers, but I did do the difficulties in order. On the other hand, I am miserable on drums, so maybe its just being wired in on some stuff.
Old 01-09-08, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FusionX
I don't understand the vocal problems, I breezed through all the tiers, but I did do the difficulties in order. On the other hand, I am miserable on drums, so maybe its just being wired in on some stuff.
I was specifically talking about Juke Box Hero, which is a DLC.
Old 01-09-08, 04:50 PM
Banned

I was specifically talking about Juke Box Hero, which is a DLC.
I know, but I meant in general. I always end up stuck on vocals during multi-player, so I've done the vocals on probably every song, even the bonus songs and DLC. I've never dropped into yellow that I can remember on vocals, but then I wind up stuck on expert tier songs on guitar and drums. I guess I just have a knack for vocals, even if I can't finish up drums & guitar on expert.
Old 01-09-08, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've given up on drums. I have my 360 hooked to my PC LCD Monitor and no matter how I configure them, there is a delay. I could try it on my TV, but I am not moving everything around just to play drums.
Old 01-09-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by FusionX
I know, but I meant in general. I always end up stuck on vocals during multi-player, so I've done the vocals on probably every song, even the bonus songs and DLC. I've never dropped into yellow that I can remember on vocals, but then I wind up stuck on expert tier songs on guitar and drums. I guess I just have a knack for vocals, even if I can't finish up drums & guitar on expert.
I bow to you my friend. JBH and some of those emo songs are just out of my range.
Old 01-09-08, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bow to you my friend. JBH and some of those emo songs are just out of my range.
Do not be ashamed that the emo is out of your range. Ever.
Old 01-09-08, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Do not be ashamed that the emo is out of your range. Ever.
All you've got to keep is strong, move along move along move along like I know you do.
Old 01-09-08, 09:09 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All you've got to keep is strong, move along move along move along like I know you do.
lol, no kidding, I kind of like that song, and like "The Kill," but damn, just sang that and it's annoying as hell to try and replicate.

I've NEVER beaten a song on expert guitar, mainly because I've always struggled with hard on easier songs, so no way could I beat a song on expert...but just for S&G, I tried Highway Star on expert (good first choice, eh? ), and I thought I was doing great (i.e. I hadn't failed!) until I got to the long/fast solo part. I can never hit those up and down notes on hard let alone that insane solo on expert...grrrr. But it was fun to try.

Last edited by aktick; 01-09-08 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-09-08, 09:46 PM

Amazingly got passed GGAHT on drums on medium this afternoon and the next 7 songs. Also finished vocals on hard. Man, I was in the zone today. Too bad I live above someone or I'd still be playing now.
Old 01-09-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by glasschicken
Amazingly got passed GGAHT on drums on medium this afternoon and the next 7 songs. Also finished vocals on hard. Man, I was in the zone today. Too bad I live above someone or I'd still be playing now.
"All you gotta keep is strong"...er, yeah.
Old 01-09-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by aktick
lol, no kidding, I kind of like that song, and like "The Kill," but damn, just sang that and it's annoying as hell to try and replicate.

I've NEVER beaten a song on expert guitar, mainly because I've always struggled with hard on easier songs, so no way could I beat a song on expert...but just for S&G, I tried Highway Star on expert (good first choice, eh? ), and I thought I was doing great (i.e. I hadn't failed!) until I got to the long/fast solo part. I can never hit those up and down notes on hard let alone that insane solo on expert...grrrr. But it was fun to try.
Now who thought "One day I'm going to be singing along with this guy." when Jared Leto was on My So Called Life .
Old 01-10-08, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Is it possible to START a solo character on bass? Everytime I try it is guitar. I know in a band (with two guitars) one must select bass, but I want to create a solo bass character...possible?
Old 01-10-08, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Is it possible to START a solo character on bass? Everytime I try it is guitar. I know in a band (with two guitars) one must select bass, but I want to create a solo bass character...possible?
No.
Old 01-10-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dtcarson
My replacement guitar strums worse than my original, and the fret buttons "click" louder. I'm sending it back and I guess dealing with my original one.
This means they send you the replacement and you send the old one back in that box? Not like sending a 360 coffin? If so, I think I'm going to get the ball rolling on the RMA for the guitar - I suck bad enough at hard without having the strummer fucking up and the blue fret sticking to help.

If that sucks as well, are there any new GH3 guitars coming out (no game included)? I'd probably rather get one of those so we can co-op on GH2 & GH3 as well.

It's a shame the RB guitar is crap - as I greatly prefer it's form factor over the x-plorer.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.