Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Xbox 360 Fall Dashboard Updates Details (12/04/07)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Xbox 360 Fall Dashboard Updates Details (12/04/07)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Brooklyn
See post 102, paragraph 2.
I stand corrected. RROD due to dash update: +2.
Old 12-09-07, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
Well, thanks for the advice, but when I turned it on to try this I got the RROD. Oh well, I guess I saw this coming. So I guess I'm off to find a number to call about this.
I didn't talk to a single person, went through the website and towards the upper right corner click where it says "Repair Agent".
Old 12-10-07, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Even Window's Firewall? Because their firewall is "optimized"(all the right ports are ready to go) for the 360/PC thing. I use Zone Alarm and all my tests pass except for streaming. It's no big deal. However when I disable ZA and enable Window's Firewall, all the 360 Network tests pass and everything works like a charm. Since I have no real interest in streaming I put ZA back on and disabled the Windows FW. I can still access my media on the PC with this set up.

I will say that after the update I did notice I had to reselect the PC for a media source.
I use Sygate, and actually uninstalled it with no luck. I've rebooted both systems a number of times with no luck. As it stands now, my WMP11 still does not recognize the 360. The thing that really irks me is that I was able to stream music and pictures via WMP a few months ago. Similarly, I stopped using TVersity for a while, and when I tried again a few weeks ago, I had no luck. For some reason, neither WMP or TVersity can communicate with my 360.
Old 12-10-07, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How does TVersity work exactly? I went to the website and it seems easy enough. BAsically, I would want to share files with my 360 & PS3 and my wife's laptop.

How do you set it up? WMP11 works GREAT for the 360, but the PS3 always seems to timeout when searching for music (I have an external HDD, USB, with 200+GB music on it). I think that might be the issue...sharing TOO much on a USB External HDD.
Old 12-23-07, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I found a fix for streaming from an external. The new version of WinAmp has an add-on called WinAmp Remote that you can use to stream things to pretty much any other device (360, ps3, PDA, another PC, etc.). I gave it a shot and it streamed mp3s and divx files from my external no problem. The videos did take a couple of seconds to buffer, but nothing major. I'm glad to finally have custom soundtracks back again!