Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000

Then...ugh, I played online for the first time. Freakin' Hell is that hard. I think I only had 5 or 6 kills.

Keep playing, as your rank up, you unlock much better weapons and perks... Just keep playing
Old 02-05-08, 09:40 AM

I'm looking for some folks to play COD4 with who don't scream and are not racist. I'm on almost everynight. Send me a FR and let me know your from dvdtalk.
Thanks

Edit: Tag = SpectroMouse

Last edited by Mechazilla; 02-05-08 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-05-08, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mechazilla
I'm looking for some folks to play COD4 with who don't scream and are not racist. I'm on almost everynight. Send me a FR and let me know your from dvdtalk.
Thanks
have you HEARD that 'monkey killer' clan on PS3?... they sound russian, ukrainian, etc. thick accents...

you can go with 'monkey killer' and take a guess... it's insane to hear them talk...
Old 02-05-08, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Well, I finally got around to beating the campaign mode, great game. I unlocked the arcade mode, which not only do I think is alot of fun, but it adds a cool element to the game.

Then...ugh, I played online for the first time. Freakin' Hell is that hard. I think I only had 5 or 6 kills.
If you're looking to level up quickly, find a server that plays Shipment 24/7. One that comes to mind is [UN] Shipment/WetWork 24/7.
Old 02-05-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by REL77
Keep playing, as your rank up, you unlock much better weapons and perks... Just keep playing
better than the M-16?...

hmm...

weapons and perk have nothing to do with how well you play... that's what 'Prestige Mode' is all about...

keep playing and you will gain experience...

everything takes a little practice... is this your first online shooter?...
Old 02-05-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
better than the M-16?...

hmm...

weapons and perk have nothing to do with how well you play... that's what 'Prestige Mode' is all about...
Most people feel that there are certainly much better guns than the M16.. I love the G36C, the p90 is always a favorite as well...

And yes, perks do help. If you want some easy kills to help rank up, Last stand or Martydom. If you dont want to die as much, Juggernaut, if you want more power, Stopping Power, ect... Perks and weapons play HUGELY into your rank and how fast you can go prestige (if prestige is important to you, to me i think its kinda stupid)
Old 02-05-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Never understood the point of Prestige, personally. You already proved you could get to 55 - why go through it again?
Old 02-05-08, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
weapons and perk have nothing to do with how well you play...
It certainly makes things easier to at least have a red dot scope and 3 frag nades.
Old 02-05-08, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigsoos
If you're looking to level up quickly, find a server that plays Shipment 24/7. One that comes to mind is [UN] Shipment/WetWork 24/7.
I'm assuming you're talking PC? You can't select a server on 360, can you?

I love this game, but damn do I suck. It's a huge accomplishment for me if I can get as many kills as deaths in a round. I finally got to call in a chopper the other night, and I flipped out I was so surprised.
Old 02-05-08, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alxreys
We used to follow the schedule from "The Official XBox Live Gaming Schedule" thread, but nowadays we pretty much play COD4 on Mondays and Fridays. We recently started using the gaming schedule thread again, so keep an eye on it.
Will do, thanks.

Originally Posted by REL77
If you want some easy kills to help rank up, Last stand or Martydom.
Is Martydom considered cheap?
Old 02-05-08, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by abrg923
Never understood the point of Prestige, personally. You already proved you could get to 55 - why go through it again?
to show that being #1 in the round had nothing to do with weapons and perks...

mostly...

and the cool little symbols and all... lol...

3 stuns can do wonders too... don't discount them...
Old 02-05-08, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MWB
Will do, thanks.

I don't think it's cheap. But, in team hardcore you should turn it off otherwise your teammate will be pissed when he dies standing next to you.
Old 02-05-08, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MWB
Not so much cheap, just lazy. But to each his own. I'd much rather use Last Stand and try to take out 1 - 2 ppl with a .45 (both up close and at a distance). Just unload your clip really fast on anything that moves.

Last edited by missingtoof; 02-05-08 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-05-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

keep playing and you will gain experience...

everything takes a little practice... is this your first online shooter?...
No, I've been playing multiplayer Halo since day one of Halo:CE. It just seems like every step I take, someone is hiding somewhere and caps my ass before I even see them.
Old 02-05-08, 03:27 PM
Suspended

No, I've been playing multiplayer Halo since day one of Halo:CE. It just seems like every step I take, someone is hiding somewhere and caps my ass before I even see them.
That's what annoys me the most about this game (along with snipers), but it's part of the game so not really much you can do, I guess. I'd like to try some of the team tactical type things, since that's way more appealing to me than running around like a psycho or hiding in the corner.
Old 02-05-08, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can see that in a free for all match but, not so much in team deathmatch. Just stay close to your teammates and you'll have a much better chance of survival.
Old 02-05-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

well like any shooter... knowing the levels is most important... you will know where they are most of time and 'cook up' a grenade surprise, or a burst of rounds by surprise...

just stay with it... learn the levels...
Old 02-05-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks

Edit: Tag = SpectroMouse
You can try to find folks online who don't scream or try to find folks who aren't racist, but asking for both is just greedy.
Old 02-05-08, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I agree guys, that's what I was saying after getting my ass kicked...I need to learn these freakin levels. Also, I was playing the free for all, mainly because I didn't want to be "that guy that sucks" on a team.
Old 02-05-08, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Goldblum
You can try to find folks online who don't scream or try to find folks who aren't racist, but asking for both is just greedy.
Ok Ill go for the non screams/singers. Where can I find those.
Old 02-05-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I agree guys, that's what I was saying after getting my ass kicked...I need to learn these freakin levels. Also, I was playing the free for all, mainly because I didn't want to be "that guy that sucks" on a team.
FFA is ok, but you should join a Team Deathmatch. Once you follow the lead guys around (esp. using your HUD to see where your teammates are) you'll get a sense of the field map. It took a bit for me to get familiar with my respawn spots. I thought those were disorienting.
Old 02-05-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just set your headset prefs to friends only and problem solved.
Old 02-05-08, 07:23 PM

If I did the whole Team Deathmatch thing, I'd be "That Guy Who Isn't Great, But Doesn't Necessarily Suck." I'm playing a lot of FFA to learn the maps -- where to hide, where ppl like to camp, etc. and to improve the speed/accuracy of my aiming. It really is all about playing enough so that you reach a point where you feel you can hold your own.
Old 02-06-08, 12:17 PM

just mute them. that's all i do to the racist, screaming, heavy breathers, and singing people that i end up being stuck with. just go to their gamertag and press mute. the only thing that is funny though is when you have someone on your team yelling at somebody to shut up when you don't hear anything. at that point, i would think that they were talking to themselves, but it really just ends up that i forgot that i muted somebody
Old 02-06-08, 12:22 PM
Suspended

So if I go to my privacy settings (360), and make voice and text "Friends Only," then I'm in a party with a friend, I will only be able to hear him and only he will be able to hear me?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.