Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

EA- Rock Band

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-07, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EA- Rock Band

I can't confirm this as it just came via e-mail, but for those of you that were thinking about buying Rock Band, you may want to wait and find out what the real deal is before you hand your hard earned cash over to the cash cow...

http://2opgaming.com/2007/11/16/rock...-to-retailers/
Old 11-17-07, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....06#post8297206
Old 11-17-07, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
That doesn't sound like anything is wrong, but rather what to do if something is wrong with a unit/batch.
Old 11-17-07, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do I get the feeling that this is some kind of scare tactic by someone. I can't find anything else on the subject. I'll check tonight at work to see if ours are being recalled.
Old 11-17-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I tried the demo tonight(impressions in the other thread) and the guitar felt super cheap. Felt like it would break fairly easy.

On the EGM podcast, the guys mentioned they broke their first drum kit in a day and had to have it replaced.

Who knows. This could just be a precautionary measure so that whole bundles aren't swapped out if only one item is defective. Cheaper to ship a refurb instrument than the entire bundle.
Old 11-17-07, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've yet to find a guitar that is working out of the 6 or so BBs and wal-marts I've went to. Keep in mind the one I tried today had one piece of the drums busted off, but still. The problem is always with the strum bar either not working either up or down, or both, or registering 3 or 4 strums each time you strum it. I hope this is just people beating the crap out of them, but I doubt it.
Old 11-18-07, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flair
I've yet to find a guitar that is working out of the 6 or so BBs and wal-marts I've went to. Keep in mind the one I tried today had one piece of the drums busted off, but still. The problem is always with the strum bar either not working either up or down, or both, or registering 3 or 4 strums each time you strum it. I hope this is just people beating the crap out of them, but I doubt it.
I'd imagine it has a lot to do with the fact that it's being played for hours at a time in a store environment, and probably by some destructive kids. Also, I think Harmonix has mentioned that the units shipped to stores for demo were pre-production and don't represent the final hardware's quality or durability.

That said, I think it's a given based on reviews that the guitar isn't the same quality as the Les Paul.
Old 11-18-07, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
That said, I think it's a given based on reviews that the guitar isn't the same quality as the Les Paul.
Lots of people have had problems with the Les Paul, so it sounds like it is made with the same quality
Old 11-18-07, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I know that kids like to play rough with stuff like this, but what are the odds that all of them are broken in a similar way? The first one I tried had been out on the floor for less than a day. I have tried many les pauls since they were released that still work (from the same locations), and I remember the original GH I kiosks still working months after they were put out. The only thing that went wrong with them was the whammy bar, which I've been having troubles with lately. Go pick one up and grab the neck right at the nut and give it a little twist. It bends bad enough I was nervous that it was going to snap with just a little pressure. I hope they prove me wrong with the final units I guess; I'm still really looking forward to this.
Old 11-18-07, 06:39 AM

OK, I scanned the bundles last night and there is no recall notice for us (I work at Wal-Mart). Nor did we get any email stating the recall. Our system would show a recall if we scan the UPC. And we've had the bundles (only the ones for the Xbox 360) for at least 3 days now.

So I would bet that this is some scare tactic by some asshat to try to drum up some panic at launch.
Old 11-18-07, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wonder how hard it'll be to find a copy of this game...
Old 11-18-07, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice
OK, I scanned the bundles last night and there is no recall notice for us (I work at Wal-Mart). Nor did we get any email stating the recall. Our system would show a recall if we scan the UPC. And we've had the bundles (only the ones for the Xbox 360) for at least 3 days now.

So I would bet that this is some scare tactic by some asshat to try to drum up some panic at launch.
Off-topic, how many bundles for the 360 did you receive in? I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart's website, but it won't ship until the 23rd. So, I'm going to go to one at midnight, and hopefully pick up a copy.

I'm just wondering how my chances are...
Old 11-18-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Apparantly early word is that there will most likely be much more demand than supply for the holidays so, go tomorrow and pre-pay now somewhere if you can.
Old 11-18-07, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a call today about my preorder. I am going to get the game tomorrow night but I won't have the accessories for another few months. All my buddies are getting the game after the holidays so I might try it with the GHIII controller but I won't really get into it until early next year.
Old 11-18-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I got a call today about my preorder. I am going to get the game tomorrow night but I won't have the accessories for another few months. All my buddies are getting the game after the holidays so I might try it with the GHIII controller but I won't really get into it until early next year.
Please post how it does with the GHIII guitar. I am not going to buy the big set but I am considering getting the game only for the new songs. I would like to hear first hand from some people here how well it works with it.
Old 11-18-07, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
Off-topic, how many bundles for the 360 did you receive in? I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart's website, but it won't ship until the 23rd. So, I'm going to go to one at midnight, and hopefully pick up a copy.

I'm just wondering how my chances are...
We got in 26 bundles of the 360 version. We have to put 4 aside (per corperate email) for the black friday sale because it's in our ad. So the chances of getting one at Wal-Mart are pretty slim. I don't know if that alotment is for all the stores, but that's what ours received.

We still have yet to get in the PS3 version, and the PS2 version comes in on Dec 18th.
Old 11-18-07, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Please post how it does with the GHIII guitar. I am not going to buy the big set but I am considering getting the game only for the new songs. I would like to hear first hand from some people here how well it works with it.
We were using the Xplorer and the Les Paul last night on the 360 and they both worked awesome. No issues at all. You can also use the Xbox Live headset for the microphone. That worked good too.
Old 11-19-07, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Update November 18th: I have received official word from an EA representative stating this is false. Putting this to bed. Carry on with your rock on, tomorrow.
Old 11-19-07, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Then locking. Thanks Josh.