Kane & Lynch

Old 11-14-07, 09:10 AM

Kane & Lynch

Did anybody buy this game? How is it?
Old 11-14-07, 07:47 PM

Im also curious
Old 11-14-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it looked pretty good. Reviews haven't been favorable. I'd love to hear from someone here that has played it.
Old 11-15-07, 04:23 AM
Banned

I loved Io's past games (the Hitman series and Freedom Fighters) and I am definitely looking forward to Kane & Lynch. Those games weren't highly rated either....
Old 11-15-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Gametrailers gave it a decent review (8/10) without too much negativity, and while IGN didn't completely savage it, they said it was sort of half-assed, game-mechanics-wise. Everyone agrees that the story/presentation is great, and I thought the clips in the Gametrialers review looked pretty great. Seems like a fun rental at least.
Old 11-15-07, 11:25 AM

I think this is going to be a love it or hate it type of game. The multiplayer mode which involves robbing a bank sounds kind of interesting. My copy from gamefly shipped yesterday, so I'll post my impressions when I get it.
Old 11-15-07, 02:43 PM

I was so hoping this game was going to be stellar. I used to be able to afford to take chances and buy games that were not AAA titles, but now I have to squeeze every penny of value that I can out of a game so I don't buy it unless I know for sure it is going to be good. That sucks because I found a lot of diamonds in the rough by taking chances.
Old 11-15-07, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

6.0 from Gamestop and it was a really harsh review. Too bad since this game looked awesome in the preview videos.
Old 11-15-07, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's got an average rating of 68 at both metacritic & gamerankings.

Looking at the trailers and reviews, I definitely want to check it out but maybe once it hit the $20 mark.
Old 11-15-07, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
It's got an average rating of 68 at both metacritic & gamerankings.

Looking at the trailers and reviews, I definitely want to check it out but maybe once it hit the $20 mark.
The game definitely looks like a great $20 title. It looks like it could provide some fun over a weekend but I don't see it as being worth $60. Gametrailers.com has a video review that is friendlier and the videos don't look that bad.
Old 11-15-07, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Only thing I know about this game is that the girl in the IGN contest for it is amazingly hot.
Old 11-15-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Only thing I know about this game is that the girl in the IGN contest for it is amazingly hot.
pix or link?
Old 11-15-07, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
pix or link?
I think it was a Playmate, so naturally she ought to be hot.

Here's the ad:

Last edited by aktick; 11-15-07 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-15-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She looks CGI to me...
Old 11-16-07, 08:49 AM

I tried the game out yesterday in co-op with my nephew. Since it's splitscreen only, it just made my head hurt. I have a 46" widescreen and it's still not enough when split in half. It splits the screen vertically.

The aiming sucks ass. Moving the reticle with the right analog stick feels sluggish. I'd shoot at people and was about as effective at killing them as a Storm Trooper.

The story, voice acting and situations are pretty cool. They throw the F bomb around a LOT, so if that somehow offends you, stay away. I went into the game very optimistic as I'd been anticipating the game for a long time, but I guess it's going to take a back seat to other games I want to play. I also won't be playing it co-op, which means I'll have to come back and give a single player mini-review. For now I feel a bit let down. Freedom Fighters this is not.
Old 11-16-07, 09:57 AM

I was hoping this was going to be the one game to keep me occupied till next year. I don't have enough time to take Mass Effect for a run so this was going to be my time killer. I will most likely just rent it first and see what it is like for myself.
Old 11-17-07, 09:16 AM

Got my copy from Gamefly yesterday and hoo boy...in it's current state, this is not a $60 game. $30 maybe, but definitely not $60.

Like SteegearX said, aiming is pretty bad. This is especially disconcerting seeing as how your opponents shoot like marksmen. Using cover helps tremendously, but "sticking" to walls can be hit or miss at times. The one saving grace for me is the story. None of the characters are particularly likeable, but I find myself interested in the story which is really unusual for me.

This could have been a whole lot better if the developers had ironed out the shooting kinks. With so many AAA titles that have been released recently or will be released soon, I expect the price of this to drop fairly quickly.
Old 11-19-07, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

A demo will be hitting Xbox Live sometime soon.
Old 11-19-07, 09:46 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I'll rent it sometime. I was looking forward to buying it, but the reviews scared me off. Plus, I've only liked a couple of the Eidos games that I've played, so I figured it'd be worth renting first.
Old 11-19-07, 07:25 PM

I rented Kane & Lynch last night to play with my friend.... i thought the graphics were mundane and the camera/view movement was so jarring it made me not wanna play... glad i didnt buy! Let's hope Army of Two is better!
Old 11-20-07, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wick
Plus, I've only liked a couple of the Eidos games that I've played, so I figured it'd be worth renting first.

Eidos doesn't develop games. They are strictly a publisher only.