Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Mass Effect

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Mass Effect

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I forgot this was PC too. Soooooo between 360 and PS3? Isn't the DLC free on PS3? I remember something like that.
Only the comic DLC for ME2 was free on PS3 but I dunno if that was indefinite or for a limited time. As far as I know, all releases of the Mass Effect Trilogy collection are the vanilla versions of the games with no DLC included.
Old 01-18-14, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 557 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Only the comic DLC for ME2 was free on PS3 but I dunno if that was indefinite or for a limited time. As far as I know, all releases of the Mass Effect Trilogy collection are the vanilla versions of the games with no DLC included.
All of the Mass Effect Trilogy collections (PC, 360, PS3) contain different DLC.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Trilogy
Old 01-18-14, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

From Bioware's site about the Trilogy. Sounds like the best version is the PS3 because that one included all DLC for ME2. It's missing the Pinnacle Station from ME1 though.

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?
On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer. On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3. On PlayStation 3, Bring Down the Sky will be included both on disc and on the PSN download, Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Genesis; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped.
https://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/
Old 01-19-14, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

And the trilogy just dropped to $31.99 on Amazon for the PS3 version.
Old 02-10-14, 10:16 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have played Mass Effect 5 times at least..Mass Effect 2 I have played 5 times...and 3 I have played twice...but I am picking up this for ps3 and I am excited again about playing them...

Over time I realize these are my favorite games from last gen....