Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Wii Thread - Part VIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still need to pick up a copy of Koroninpa Marble Mania. Too bad the closest CC is 30 mins away.
Old 12-18-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not sure how hard the Wii Zapper is to find but I sent some ladies off to find one yesterday. They were looking at some god awful 3rd party shotgun looking zapper and I heard them saying it must be the right thing cause it was the price they were told. I couldn't stand by and keep my mouth shut. I ended up talking them out of it and an arcade stick. I'm sure the clerk, staring at me off and on the whole time I was talking to them, was thrilled that I spoke up.
Old 12-18-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have any of you bought the Nyko Perfect Shot yet? IGN really, really likes it:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/841/841403p1.html
Old 12-18-07, 01:44 PM

Received 813 Likes on 529 Posts
About an hour ago, they opened a couple of cases of Wii's at the Super Target in the Vineyard (1604 and Blanco).

I just happened to be walking by the aisle when they did it.

Score!

I was able to purchase 2 (that was the limit) for my sister-in-law and her mother-in-law. Right after I bought them, the manager said only one per person, but I would have just had my wife by the other one.

There were about 7 or 8 left when I left.
Old 12-18-07, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L

That thing looks awesome!

Can somebody tell me what the control scheme is for Umbrella Chronicles? Would the Nyko gun work with it, or does the game use the face buttons?
Old 12-19-07, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After playing SMB3 for so many years on the SNES All-Stars version, I forgot how bizarre the colors were on the original, haha.
Old 12-19-07, 10:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by StealthStratos
Can somebody tell me what the control scheme is for Umbrella Chronicles? Would the Nyko gun work with it, or does the game use the face buttons?
The Nyko gun would work great with RE:UC, since the Wii Zapper settings in that game are designed to have the nunchuk held separately.

And no, you don't need the face buttons at all if you have set up the Wii Zapper as your control scheme.
Old 12-19-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Does any of you ever experience nunchuck problem? i.e. you can't control the character and the character pretty much running around w/o a single touch to the nunchuck. When i unplug and replug the nunchuck into the wiimote, the problem seems to go away. However, it's quite annoying during games...
Old 12-19-07, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Ocelot
Does any of you ever experience nunchuck problem? i.e. you can't control the character and the character pretty much running around w/o a single touch to the nunchuck. When i unplug and replug the nunchuck into the wiimote, the problem seems to go away. However, it's quite annoying during games...
Sounds like the nunchuk's joystick was not at the default position when the system booted up.
Old 12-19-07, 11:51 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Ocelot, that happens if the control stick isn't in the center when the wiimote connects to the console. Make sure you aren't touching it or sitting on it when you boot up.
Old 12-19-07, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

interesting... i never knew that

thanks!
Old 12-19-07, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's the same for all analog controller, actually.
Old 12-19-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Originally Posted by PixyJunket
That's the same for all analog controller, actually.
Does anyone ever use this to their advantage in FPS? I remember jaming the analog stick all the way back when booting up Golden Eye for an advantage when playing in college.
Old 12-19-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,024 Likes on 1,567 Posts
What's odd is that a few weeks ago, when TRU had their big WII promotion (b2g1free on wii games) each store I went to had the Wii in stock for several days in a row. That was before the Xmas rush, though.
Old 12-19-07, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by orangecrush18
Does anyone ever use this to their advantage in FPS? I remember jaming the analog stick all the way back when booting up Golden Eye for an advantage when playing in college.
what advantage would that give you?
Old 12-19-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would guess he would mean doing that to someone else's controller.
Old 12-19-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
what advantage would that give you?
You could run much faster than anyone else. Doing it with Odd Job would make you a virtually invincible little midget.
Old 12-19-07, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 921 Likes on 654 Posts
Originally Posted by orangecrush18
You could run much faster than anyone else. Doing it with Odd Job would make you a virtually invincible little midget.
Typically when the analog is tilted when the system is started the character merely runs in circles. You must be referring to a different glitch.
Old 12-19-07, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Brent L

I just ordered one from Amazon...will report back if/when it arrives.
Old 12-20-07, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Typically when the analog is tilted when the system is started the character merely runs in circles. You must be referring to a different glitch.
Must be. Thinking about those times makes me a little sad because it is almost impossible to get 3 friends in the same room to play a game now. I really think this "playing with friends over the internet" thing will be big. Maybe Nintendo should look into that
Old 12-20-07, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 496 Likes on 292 Posts
I know what he's talking about with the nunchuk problem, and it isn't that. I will be playing fine, and then all of a sudden my character won't listen to my commands. It happened to me every now and then during Strikers especially. I would unplug and replug it and then it would be fine though.
Old 12-20-07, 10:04 AM

Received 813 Likes on 529 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I know what he's talking about with the nunchuk problem, and it isn't that. I will be playing fine, and then all of a sudden my character won't listen to my commands. It happened to me every now and then during Strikers especially. I would unplug and replug it and then it would be fine though.
It's not a microphone.
Old 12-20-07, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 496 Likes on 292 Posts
Smartasses.
Old 12-20-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0

Yeah, that's pretty much the problem i was describing... However, some times i think the stick on the nunchuck got "jammed" right before i turn on the Wii. Yeah, the other day playing Galaxy, Mario just ran off the platform and committed suicide

it's quite rare, but it does happen... however, it could be battery problems as well. That brings up another question, the battery status is not really that accurate is it? Some times i have three bars, and the Wiimote is not so responsive until i change the batteries.
Old 12-20-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by chess
I just ordered one from Amazon...will report back if/when it arrives.
I don't know about that one... but i got a similar one with the laser sight attached to the bottom of the barrel.

Link

this one kicks ass when playing Resident Evil UC... The laser sight is functional, but it's useless (the cross hair and the laser pointer are way off). However, it does give you something to hold on to when shooting (picture Solid Snake's way of holding the SOCOM). It's quite comfy and you can easily press the A and the directional buttons. I didn't use the Nunchuck, which is quite clumsy regardless which shell you use...

The nunchuck portion is detachable, a bit loose, but you can pad with tissues/papers to make it sturdier. I find it better than the Zapper for Link's CT. The Zapper is not so great for target shooting (at least for me), but the gun shell i got offers better control (score way more points than the Zapper).

Oh, did i mention that the Zapper is not good for wiimotes with Nyko battery covers? not exactly a perfect fit...

The one from above fits fat and regular wiimote battery covers...

Last edited by Ocelot; 12-20-07 at 11:47 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.